Post-Game Talk: #18| FLYERS 0 at Wild 3 | Tue. Nov. 14, 8:00 pm ET

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
All those players have been horrible.

A few young players need to be thrown under the bus. TK has been garbage. Yeah so have his two linemates but that doesn't excuse his dumb decisions with the puck and losing control of the puck when it's on his stick. Laughton has reverted back to stupid mode.

Manning shouldn't be on the roster. I'm not sold on Weal long term here. We need scorers. This Team has no snipers. It's time to sell off Simmonds while his value is high.

Why should we throw a 20 year old under the bus when the guy gets exactly zero help. At least he's trying to use skill and create offense.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
If we're truly still a couple of years away from starting to compete, we should've traded G, V and Simmonds a long time ago. We need prime Giroux and prime Voracek in order to really compete, not the aging, overpaid versions.

We were bad last year,,, add what appeared to be better pieces and look a lot worse this year, it won't magically get better without something major happening and that would mean Mr Patient admit his biggest mistake

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
If we're truly still a couple of years away from starting to compete, we should've traded G, V and Simmonds a long time ago. We need prime Giroux and prime Voracek in order to really compete, not the aging, overpaid versions.
This literally needs to be posted every hour.

Successful teams maximize their opportunity to be successful. That means trying to win when your two best offensive forwards are in their primes. The Flyers seem to be doing the exact opposite

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
You all can keep telling yourselves the future is bright but its not. This team is a train wreck and has been Hextalls entire tenure. Winning is not in his vocabulary.

This was supposed to be a playoff year and instead we are in last ****ing place and all we do is talk about how good guys like Lindblom, Vorobyov, and Kase are going be when they are nothing more than C prospects.

This team is a joke. We are the laughing stock of our rivals, the NHL, and arent even spoken about in our own city. We smuggly brushed it off for years bc omg look at our prospects! Our prospects are losers. Even if they are good theyll never be winners with this coach.

We have been 2-3 years away for like 5 years. We never get any closer. Never.
Hextall took over 3 years ago. This is year 4 of the 5 year rebuild.

I view Hakstol as I view the shit players like Lehtera....placeholder for the next guy.

I do look forward to Read playing next game as our big "change".

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Think people are overreacting a bit on Hex. This is really on Hakstol. The roster is not awful and the cupboard is in good shape. The goaltending isn't good but it isn't the problem in these last two games, obviously. Hextall has done a good job for the most part. Everywhere but behind the bench.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
Why should we throw a 20 year old under the bus when the guy gets exactly zero help. At least he's trying to use skill and create offense.

I don't care about the mistakes. They happen. It's the manner of which it is. It's completely controlable. He can't play with those guys and do it all by himself. He needs to just keep his game simple with those scrubs.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
They try to drive the offense through their backend while using black holes like MacDonald, Hagg, & Manning on the backend. It’s not really surprising that players leave here & have more scoring success elsewhere. This organization actively stifles themseleves offensively & they don’t seem to get it.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Hextall took over 3 years ago. This is year 4 of the 5 year rebuild.

I view Hakstol as I view the **** players like Lehtera....placeholder for the next guy.

I do look forward to Read playing next game as our big "change".

We should be building tho and developing the kids, not regressing and having said kids actually get worse.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
The Weal at center experiment has to die in a fire. Seemed like his line was hemmed in the zone all night. Keep him on the wing where he's more effective.

It's amazing how much a 19 year old rookie center can balance out the roster. Having to carry Flip, Weise, and Lehtera just sinks the team. Also, you can't tell me this lineup can perform any worse:

Giroux - Couturier - Voracek
Martel - Filpulla - Simmonds
Lindblom - Laughton - Konecny
Weal - Lehtera - Raffl

I know Manning is only playing due to injury, but he can go jump in the tire fire as well.

Manning is getting more TOI than others consistently so I don't think this explanation sadly is correct

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Patient to a fault, afraid to not baby prospects, obsessed with veteran mediocrity and their made-up intangibles, play to not lose, questionable evaluating of NHL talent, repeat mistakes over and over.

Does that cover it?

Maybe Hextall is right and every other GM is wrong. All teams now get kids in early and lean on them early. Look across the league and see all these kids we have never even heard of and look at the roles they are playing.

Christ our D prospect that was the best in preseason didn't even make the damn team 5 years after his draft

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
They try to drive the offense through their backend while using black holes like MacDonald, Hagg, & Manning on the backend. It’s not really surprising that players leave here & have more scoring success elsewhere. This organization actively stifles themseleves offensively & they don’t seem to get it.

When your coach's philosophy calls for maximizing D talent, leaving Morin off the roster in favor of blighted potatoes is incredibly baffling.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Weasel or Lethera has to sit. The obvious choices.

Weal should not even be close to coming out, sadly with this coach and GM i would guess he is the choice tho. Let NP learn with the great Flip and Jori and maybe even a few shifts with Weise.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
You guys might as well quit it with the demands for Hakstol to be fired.

It's not happening. Accept it.

Even if it did, what then? Do you expect them to find a new and better coach mid season? If not then who becomes interim coach? Who says they're any better?

If you're feeling optmistic about Knob, just remember how optmistic people were with Hakstols signing. Fact is, 99% of coaches do some variation of the things you guys are furious about. Get used to it.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Playing Winnipeg might be good for us.
We should be building tho and developing the kids, not regressing and having said kids actually get worse.
that
I agree with.

I was actually excited when Hak was hired as I thought having a coach used to coaching 18-24 year olds would be great for us.

I was wrong.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Playing Winnipeg might be good for us.

that
I agree with.

I was actually excited when Hak was hired as I thought having a coach used to coaching 18-24 year olds would be great for us.

I was wrong.

Yes the Jets are notorious for taking shitty teams lightly. Just whipped Yotes but they are real bad. Oh ya the beat us, who knows what happens.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
Weal should not even be close to coming out, sadly with this coach and GM i would guess he is the choice tho. Let NP learn with the great Flip and Jori and maybe even a few shifts with Weise.
Weise was a bust signing by the GM. What does he even do? I've never seen a guy handcuff his own teammates on passes multiple times a game. Eveygame.

Reactions: BernieParent

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
You just know Hakstol is jealous of Boudreau and the Wild. He wishes he could coach that team. It's about as close to perfect as hockey gets for Dave.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
You guys might as well quit it with the demands for Hakstol to be fired.

It's not happening. Accept it.

Even if it did, what then? Do you expect them to find a new and better coach mid season? If not then who becomes interim coach? Who says they're any better?

If you're feeling optmistic about Knob, just remember how optmistic people were with Hakstols signing. Fact is, 99% of coaches do some variation of the things you guys are furious about. Get used to it.
Knob is the one putting Lehtera on the PP....

Reactions: Striiker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad