Post-Game Talk: #18| FLYERS 0 at Wild 3 | Tue. Nov. 14, 8:00 pm ET

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I don’t why you’re so confident Hextall will call these guys up. We have four years now worth of evidence that shows Hextall only makes call-up’s in season when injuries occur & even then he can be stingy at times & just call-up guys like Colin McDonald.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
It's only mid-November and I've already reached the point of just taking a pass on a game like tonight. Watched a bit of the SuperSeries game instead. Rubtsov is a player. Laberge can't be written off yet either.

So, how bad has this team been since Patrick went out?

superbad-best-moments-scenes-quotes-characters-mnkzo33c6tkcguhjw8njzkkltx3vyr6j5vqekxp88o.jpg

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Except as @Embiid and I have been discussing, Hines and Gallant have been doing far more with far worse rosters. It starts with coaching the team to forecheck correctly and it kinda goes from there.

Im still amazed that people downplay the importance of coaching. The parity is greater than ever. Coaching is crucial. It starts with the lineup. Then the game plan. Then the adjustments. When you have a coach that cant do any of that at an NHL level these are the results you get.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Im still amazed that people downplay the importance of coaching. The parity is greater than ever. Coaching is crucial. It starts with the lineup. Then the game plan. Then the adjustments. When you have a coach that cant do any of that at an NHL level these are the results you get.

Remember that time Laviolette started a season 0-3 and we fired him? Kevin Fiala scored 2 goals tonight as the Preds ripped 6 goals off on Holtby. They have a great defense and goaltender but they don't have a single forward of Voracek's caliber, let alone a Giroux. And yet they have no problem scoring. Because they have a coach who knows how to produce goals.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
I don’t why you’re so confident Hextall will call these guys up. We have four years now worth of evidence that shows Hextall only makes call-up’s in season when injuries occur & even then he can be stingy at times & just call-up guys like Colin McDonald.
Case in point, Morin will be playing finally tomorrow.

For the Phantoms.

God forbid he get his NHL shot. Never mind injuries and funks, need to keep rolling the same 6 defencemen.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Yeah Manning’s 4 shots on goal from the blue line with zero screen were huge.
Manning played bad tonight flat out but he does have good games as well. His inconsistency is the problem and I don't see that changing soon. When he's bad he sucks in his own end and often pinches when not needed leaving his partner alone

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Problem with bringing up Morin is who plays on the right side, Hagg?
Provorov - Ghost
Sanheim - Gudas
Morin - Hagg/Manning?

I think they want to keep Sanheim on the left side until he's comfortable.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Problem with bringing up Morin is who plays on the right side, Hagg?
Provorov - Ghost
Sanheim - Gudas
Morin - Hagg/Manning?

I think they want to keep Sanheim on the left side until he's comfortable.
That's the defense we should have when Morin is healthy. Except add MacDonald to that third pair right side rotation because right now he's the best of those three.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

He hasn't had players worth bringing up, Cousins got a shot, Weal got a shot, went down, came up the next year, Leier got a cameo last year, is playing this year.
Frankly, Cousins and Leier are marginal NHL players.
Sanheim is up, people bitch about Hagg but he's up, if Morin hadn't been injured he'd have gotten a shot.
Injuries give you a chance, but you have to take advantage of it.

This year, Hextall actually has real prospects he can bring up.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Hextall is to blame in hiring Hakstol. If he keeps past this year then he’s even more to blame. Hopefully he is considering firing him now. Mismanaging an entire game from D to O. How do you not try and get ghost away from the constant shadow. They shutdown the top line and you keep it going. Keep rolling 4 lines no matter what. Don’t change anything. Pretty logical to break apart the top line or at least double shift players.

I will say that not having certain players on the team like Morin and Lindblom must have an effect on the roster players. They must think what’s the point if this year isn’t about winning. Imgine adding morin, Lindblom, vecc, and Patrick to the lineup and pulling manning, lehtera, wiese, and maybe weal. That would be such a positive. This team had 4 lines rolling and playing a speed game. That’s all gone now. That should be the goal to get back to. Not just trying to score goals and win games, but situations that allow you to get those things. Hak is far too dumb to do that.

It’s a big red flag that his college team won the championship the year after he left. The guy can’t make adjustments. He really is dumb.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
He hasn't had players worth bringing up, Cousins got a shot, Weal got a shot, went down, came up the next year, Leier got a cameo last year, is playing this year.
Frankly, Cousins and Leier are marginal NHL players.
Sanheim is up, people ***** about Hagg but he's up, if Morin hadn't been injured he'd have gotten a shot.
Injuries give you a chance, but you have to take advantage of it.

This year, Hextall actually has real prospects he can bring up.

Good thing they called up that Hakstol Safe® player in Matt Read! Clearly the best option on the farm.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Hextall is to blame in hiring Hakstol. If he keeps past this year then he’s even more to blame. Hopefully he is considering firing him now. Mismanaging an entire game from D to O. How do you not try and get ghost away from the constant shadow. They shutdown the top line and you keep it going. Keep rolling 4 lines no matter what. Don’t change anything. Pretty logical to break apart the top line or at least double shift players.

I will say that not having certain players on the team like Morin and Lindblom must have an effect on the roster players. They must think what’s the point if this year isn’t about winning. Imgine adding morin, Lindblom, vecc, and Patrick to the lineup and pulling manning, lehtera, wiese, and maybe weal. That would be such a positive. This team had 4 lines rolling and playing a speed game. That’s all gone now. That should be the goal to get back to. Not just trying to score goals and win games, but situations that allow you to get those things. Hak is far too dumb to do that.

It’s a big red flag that his college team won the championship the year after he left. The guy can’t make adjustments. He really is dumb.

Im with you all the way except on the the odd idea to pull Weal.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
1 shot on goal in two games by your best offensive player.
And you don't think that's not a problem?

You literally blamed him for a 2-0 while if it is the play I'm thinking about it, it was totally Manning's fault. Your other players on the ice have to open up the ice for him to get shots through. If he had four shots on goal and two turnovers you would be blaming him for the two turnovers.

That whole post you totally ignored the crap play by Weise. That guy literally had the best chance of the game to score compared to every f***ing other player.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Good thing they called up that Hakstol Safe® player in Matt Read! Clearly the best option on the farm.

If they took out Lehtera or Weise and inserted Read onto the 4th line and moved Raffl up to use his possession boost with players who can better use it to score, it would make the lineup better.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If they took out Lehtera or Weise and inserted Read onto the 4th line and moved Raffl up to use his possession boost with players who can better use it to score, it would make the lineup better.

Cant dare break up a 4th line that has like 3 goals in 18 games. That is too risky. Could disrupt the whole operation!

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I honestly want them to put together a Weal-Laughton-Neck line for a game or two. Then play the bottom two lines as sparingly as possible.

Whatever line you want them to put together because it sounds like a good idea, im here to tell you that its not going to happen.

They are completely hopeless until Hak is gone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad