13-14 Prospects Thread Version XXI: Finn 2nd. in PPG OHL Defenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
This either proves we have good young defensemen or TvR isn't that good.

Has nothing to do with him not being good enough, just like Justin Schultz did..you want to make the team as fast as you can. Why would he sign with a team with a glut of young D-men fighting for the same spots as he is when he can sign with someone else who he thinks gives him a quicker way to the NHL.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
One-year ELC? That's a thing now?

Because he's 23, his ELC is one year. It's always been that way.

And great news. I'm really looking forward seeing how he translates to the pro's. I hope he can get into a game for the Marlies down the stretch.

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009
Because he's 23, his ELC is one year. It's always been that way.

And great news. I'm really looking forward seeing how he translates to the pro's. I hope he can get into a game for the Marlies down the stretch.

Good for both sides, IMO
He will probably get a taste of AHL hockey this year and will get every opportunity to crack the Marlies next season. Should be a really good looking young blueline on the Marlies next year. Would imagine both Brennan and Holzer will be looking to step up to the NHL, either with the Leafs or another organization.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Yeah he's eligible for the next game, but who knows if he draws in right away.

reminded me a bit of franson when i saw him play ....might surprise a few people ,but he played in a good league so who knows

Silver91

Agent 0091
May 27, 2007
Unknown
Grapes seems to have a beef with us signing one of our prospects out of the NCAA

Don Cherry ‏@CoachsCornerCBC 42m
1) Leafs love those College guys. Signed Eric Knodel from University of New Hampshire. Going to get a tryout with the Marlies. That means

Don Cherry ‏@CoachsCornerCBC 41m
2) he takes a spot from some guy slugging it out on the buses. If you want to make the Leafs or get a tryout just go to a US College.

I get it, the guys on the team have been there all year, but if you can add to it and possibly improve the team and future, then I don't see why not. Plus, I don't think he realizes we drafted Knodel, still, continues his path to total tool.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Grapes seems to have a beef with us signing one of our prospects out of the NCAA

I get it, the guys on the team have been there all year, but if you can add to it and possibly improve the team and future, then I don't see why not. Plus, I don't think he realizes we drafted Knodel, still, continues his path to total tool.

It's not like we haven't drafted the most out of the OHL in recent years and our team is filled with Ontario kids.

But sign one American prospect and he loses his marbles.

I like Cherry but he can such an old idiot.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
It's not like we haven't drafted the most out of the OHL in recent years and our team is filled with Ontario kids.

But sign one American prospect and he loses his marbles.

I like Cherry but he can such an old idiot.

I like how he still hasn't acknowledged that first point.

It drove me insane when he criticized Burke about the whole Ontario boys thing. In Burke's time here, NO OTHER GM drafted as many kids from Ontario and the OHL. I mean come on you senile old fart :dunno:

I don't get what his problem is either, we DRAFTED Knodel for god's sakes, he wasn't a random UFA pick-up. Moron.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
I think carter V is one of my fave prospects right now, his production has gone way up with the increased ice time after strome and co left, i'm happy that bustier has got the production up too

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Lol Cherry is a moron, I'm not sure why anyone even listens to anything he says anymore.

He probably doesn't know that we drafted Knodel, just thinks we signed some garbage free wallet.

I hope Rogers gets rid of him asap

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Lol Cherry is a moron, I'm not sure why anyone even listens to anything he says anymore.

He probably doesn't know that we drafted Knodel, just thinks we signed some garbage free wallet.

I hope Rogers gets rid of him asap

Dont get your hopes up. Cherry has had an association with Rogers via "Grapeline" for a very, very, long time. Rogers also isnt stupid, they know what brings in viewers.

As for Cherry, he probably read the mis-tweet by Johnston saying that we signed a college free agent as opposed to one of our draft picks. That and his long running association with the CHL, which of course will lend him a bias.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Dont get your hopes up. Cherry has had an association with Rogers via "Grapeline" for a very, very, long time. Rogers also isnt stupid, they know what brings in viewers.

As for Cherry, he probably read the mis-tweet by Johnston saying that we signed a college free agent as opposed to one of our draft picks. That and his long running association with the CHL, which of course will lend him a bias.

He's talking about the Leafs 1st line all college players who haven't showed up recently.

natephil

Feb 13, 2010
I just noticed our 2011 6th round draft pick, Dennis Robertson finished his season this year at Brown and is now on Carolina's farm team, the Charlotte Checkers roster... Wouldn't we still own his rights just like how we signed Knodel?

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Nice game for Brown

1+3 and a +1 rating.

Though he took double-minor for high sticking with 4:20 left in the game.

What a goon. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad