13-14 Prospects Thread Version XXI: Finn 2nd. in PPG OHL Defenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
I just noticed our 2011 6th round draft pick, Dennis Robertson finished his season this year at Brown and is now on Carolina's farm team, the Charlotte Checkers roster... Wouldn't we still own his rights just like how we signed Knodel?

He was traded with Liles for Tim Gleason.

Hotlanta

Dec 1, 2009
I just noticed our 2011 6th round draft pick, Dennis Robertson finished his season this year at Brown and is now on Carolina's farm team, the Charlotte Checkers roster... Wouldn't we still own his rights just like how we signed Knodel?

JML trade. I was high on Robertson, he was a strong leader at Brown. I wish him the best of luck with the Carolina organization.

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
Good start to the CHL playoffs for Leaf prospects:

Gauthier 4 points in 4 games, +6
Herzog 4 points in 4 games, -2
Finn 3 points in 4 games, +4
Brown 8 points in 4 games, +2
Rupert 7 points in 3 games, +5
Verhaeghe 2 points in 3 games, -1

Hotlanta

Dec 1, 2009

Don't forget Antoine Bibeau:

GP: 3 W: 3 GAA: 0.98 SV%: .944

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Don't forget Antoine Bibeau:

GP: 3 W: 3 GAA: 0.98 SV%: .944

Gauthier has also been a beast on faceoffs. Good to see his game being elevated down the stretch.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad

Good overall.
Impressive numbers from Rupert. No one ever talks about him so I forgot him. He will be with the Marlies next season?

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Good overall.
Impressive numbers from Rupert. No one ever talks about him so I forgot him. He will be with the Marlies next season?

Yup he should be .. It'll be interesting to see if the Leafs sign his brother too, both could vie for 4th line duty to start with the Marlies next year

Ace88*

Verhaeghe is an interesting prospect. Really hope he pans out.

I believe he can with the proper training in the AHL. I wouldn't want to see him in the NHL until he's absolutely ready, if i had to guess i'd say he could be a full time NHLer by the time he's 24.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Not to nitpick, because obviously everyone has bad games but I noticed Finn was a -2 in a 7-2 win last night, reminds me of one awesome night Lebda had one time.

Hotlanta

Dec 1, 2009
Yup he should be .. It'll be interesting to see if the Leafs sign his brother too, both could vie for 4th line duty to start with the Marlies next year

I can see him and his brother getting 4th line duties next season seeing as Biggs, Devane, Broll, Carrick & maybe Ross will be getting promotions up the roster, while Smithson, Staubitz & maybe McLaren and Ryan leave the squad.

LeafsTop6

Jan 9, 2009
Markham
I thought ryan was signed. I could be wrong though. Though i am sure he will be signed soon. Some players get signed very late

Not signed yet. but since we have 3 or 4 guys who are UFA on the marlies (staubitz, lasch, brennan, smithson) who don't matter in the grand scheme really, I'm assuming that they're will be a few more signings (i.e ruperts).

goonx

Nov 7, 2010
Has nothing to do with him not being good enough, just like Justin Schultz did..you want to make the team as fast as you can. Why would he sign with a team with a glut of young D-men fighting for the same spots as he is when he can sign with someone else who he thinks gives him a quicker way to the NHL.

Agreed, Toronto has a lot of d prospects in the pipeline.

The blackhawks are also a very well respected and "winning" organization that has developed their own homegrown prospects. i.e. Keith, Toews, Saad, Shaw, Leddy

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
Can't find the article anymore, but Tom Nilsson wants to come over to play with the Marlies now that his season is done. Hasn't been decided.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Can't find the article anymore, but Tom Nilsson wants to come over to play with the Marlies now that his season is done. Hasn't been decided.

When he signed his ELC last season, the Leafs said he would play one more season in the SHL and then make the jump to the Marlies/Leafs. Basically the same thing Granberg went through a season prior.

If he wants to come over now though, I guess that would be nice but probably not likely. Wouldn't hurt to join practice and soak in what the schedule is like.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
When he signed his ELC last season, the Leafs said he would play one more season in the SHL and then make the jump to the Marlies/Leafs. Basically the same thing Granberg went through a season prior.

If he wants to come over now though, I guess that would be nice but probably not likely. Wouldn't hurt to join practice and soak in what the schedule is like.

Would that eat a year of contract? I have no idea how that works in the AHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad