13-14 Prospects Thread Version XXI: Finn 2nd. in PPG OHL Defenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
http://www.hockeysverige.se/2014/03/28/ahl-eller-landslaget-far-jag-chansen-aker-jag-troligen-over/

I'd like him to come over and get in a few games to see where he is in his development.

Think that would be the best for him, to come over and play with the Marlies for as you say, evaluate his progression. If he struggle he can always go back to Frolunda next season since they used him a lot this season and then come back again as a more experienced player. But are we not getting a log jam on D? All depends of course if any of the current Marlies takes the step up next season. MacWilliam if he moves up could be replaced with Nilsson.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Think that would be the best for him, to come over and play with the Marlies for as you say, evaluate his progression. If he struggle he can always go back to Frolunda next season since they used him a lot this season and then come back again as a more experienced player. But are we not getting a log jam on D? All depends of course if any of the current Marlies takes the step up next season. MacWilliam if he moves up could be replaced with Nilsson.

There will a log jam this year, But next it should it should fine. I could see one of MacWilliam or Granberg pushing for a spot on the big team next year, But it's actually going to interesting group if Nilsson is added as well.

Loov needs to be signed this summer as well I believe.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
There will a log jam this year, But next it should it should fine. I could see one of MacWilliam or Granberg pushing for a spot on the big team next year, But it's actually going to interesting group if Nilsson is added as well.

Loov needs to be signed this summer as well I believe.

Perhaps rotate the youngsters. Being down with the Marlies playing 1st pairing minutes then come up and play 10-15 games with the Leafs on the 3rd pairing then down again to be replaced with who ever played the 1st pairing minutes for the Marlies while they were up. And round and round it goes.

Hotlanta

Dec 1, 2009
Bergman say he need to get up to 88-90kg and Eliteprospects list him at 83kg. That is a lot of weight to put on but I dont know how up to date the data Eliteprospecs us are. You got any info if he have built him self up this season?

SHL website has him at only 80kg. If he is at 183 lbs. (83 kg) then he only has a bit of work to do. His game is based around good skating and hard hitting making 183 just a little too light. I know he is a forward but Leo Komarov weight (190 lbs) should be enough for his frame. However, if he can still skate and be closer to Rielly's build (90 kg) that would be nice.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
SHL website has him at only 80kg. If he is at 183 lbs. (83 kg) then he only has a bit of work to do. His game is based around good skating and hard hitting making 183 just a little too light. I know he is a forward but Leo Komarov weight (190 lbs) should be enough for his frame. However, if he can still skate and be closer to Rielly's build (90 kg) that would be nice.

Yeah, but he should ad muscles and just not weight. And adding muscles can be tricky for a rather short guy and still have your mobility. But I guess a couple of kg´s of fat is not the end of the world if it means he hits harder.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Gauthier is stepping up when it matters. This kid has a knack for playing hard minutes, and standing tall when his team needs him.

Hopefully we see the progression next season, that we were hoping for this year, in the goal column. I'm not worried if it doesn't blow me away, because his FO ability continues to get better and better, and his PK/defensive prowess are tremendous already.

This kid could be a Selke forward for years to come.

mikebel111*

Gauthier is stepping up when it matters. This kid has a knack for playing hard minutes, and standing tall when his team needs him.

Hopefully we see the progression next season, that we were hoping for this year, in the goal column. I'm not worried if it doesn't blow me away, because his FO ability continues to get better and better, and his PK/defensive prowess are tremendous already.

This kid could be a Selke forward for years to come.

People can knock our scouting staff all they want. However they are getting kids who can step up when the going gets big.

Also u know Fred is doing well when one certain poster hasnt said anything in some time. :yo:

kilgro

Tank nation
Dec 3, 2007
Toronto
Verhaeghe didn't suit up for Niagara last night and the IceDogs failed to eliminated NorthBay losing 4-3. Could be done for the rest of the series too. Pretty unfortunate for the IceDogs. Here are a couple reaction quotes from the coach
“That threw our rhythm off a little for special teams and he’s our leading point getter and our best player,” IceDogs head coach Marty Williamson said. “I thought that was the difference maker.”
“He’s huge,” he said. “We just don’t have a ton of depth and when you lose him, he makes that whole line go and he’s a big piece for (Brendan) Perlini.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
People can knock our scouting staff all they want. However they are getting kids who can step up when the going gets big.

Also u know Fred is doing well when one certain poster hasnt said anything in some time. :yo:

Our scouting is the only decent thing about this organization. To bad they got so few picks to work with and that Leafs GM´s keep trading away our prospects for short term help. It have been an improvement with Nonis but I wonder what he will do when he starts feeling the pressure to make the post season.

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
Our scouting is the only decent thing about this organization. To bad they got so few picks to work with and that Leafs GM´s keep trading away our prospects for short term help. It have been an improvement with Nonis but I wonder what he will do when he starts feeling the pressure to make the post season.

We are only missing a 2nd rounder this...

I know everyone is all on board the "hate Leafs management" and "we all suck let's tank" but let's not go all overboard,

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad

I know everyone is all on board the "hate Leafs management" and "we all suck let's tank" but let's not go all overboard,

St Louis since 2003 have had 89 picks, 29 in the first two rounds 13 of those in the first round.

Boston since 2003 have had 74 picks, 22 in the first two rounds, 9 of those in the first round.

Chicago since 2003 have had 116 picks, 33 in the first two rounds, 12 of those in the first round.

Detroit since 2003 have had 80 picks, 19 in the first two rounds, 5 of those in the first round.

Anaheim since 2003 have had 81 picks, 27 in the first two rounds, 14 of those in the first round.

San Jose since 2003 have had 82 picks, 19 in the first two rounds, 10 of those in the first round.

Flyers since 2003 have had 81 picks, 15 in the first two rounds, 9 of those in the first round.

Toronto since 2003 have had 74 picks, 15 in the first two rounds, 8 of those in the first round.

If you look at some of the teams who have been competitive lately, some cup winners and some runner ups they have all had more draft picks then us (except Boston who have had the same amount of picks), and they have had more 1st and 2nd round picks and all except for Detroit have had more 1st round picks.

And if you add in that it is not until lately we have actually put in some effort to actually develop the prospects we have picked it is pretty clear why Leafs have struggled and keep struggling. We always try to catch up with the other franchises in terms of icing a talented team and being able to deal with injuries by having system depth but always goes for the short term fix. How many picks have we not wasted in trying to get a #1 goalie and one of the best today we actually drafted but traded away in yet another goalie fiasco.

Over 11 years those wasted 2nd and 1st round picks really start to affect the franchise since the prospect pool gets thiner and thiner meaning more overpaid UFAs is needed or again, trading away even more picks to ice a semi-competetive team.

Our scouts have managed to find some really good hockey players even do they have had their best years with other franchises since the management wanted to make the playoffs THAT season when this kids had not yet developed.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Looking at one of our prospects (Brown) one of his teammates came up, Fox... the kid had an incredible year this year 107 points... he's undrafted according to OHL's website.

Late bloomer? Take a UFA flyer on a guy that might have some chemistry with Brown? Was Fox playing with Brown or McDavid?

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Looking at one of our prospects (Brown) one of his teammates came up, Fox... the kid had an incredible year this year 107 points... he's undrafted according to OHL's website.

Late bloomer? Take a UFA flyer on a guy that might have some chemistry with Brown? Was Fox playing with Brown or McDavid?

Vancouver signed him a few months ago.

Fox plays with Brown and Gaunce.

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011

Brown

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008

I questioned it then and even more now, what bothers me the most is the UFAs we held onto.

The fact that we traded away our 2013/2014/2015 2nds already just adds to the issue of holding onto these UFAs.

This franchise has always lost it's focus on building a true cup contender as soon as playoff revs start to become a possibility.

QMJHLfollower

Heart and soul
Jul 24, 2010
Although Québec his eliminated, Herzog seems to had good player with 3G and 2A in 5GP, was also playing physical judging, by the QMJHL website with 17 hits in the last 3 games of the serie, 20 total in the serie.

Very like him as a prospect, will be interesting to see where he'll play next year. Can be with the Marlies, back with Québec/or in the QMJHL, or in Swiss.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Although Québec his eliminated, Herzog seems to had good player with 3G and 2A in 5GP, was also playing physical judging, by the QMJHL website with 17 hits in the last 3 games of the serie, 20 total in the serie.

Very like him as a prospect, will be interesting to see where he'll play next year. Can be with the Marlies, back with Québec/or in the QMJHL, or in Swiss.

Should be back with the Remparts, especially with Grigorenko leaving.

I'm a fan as well. Top 9 potential, got to love his game in front of the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad