13-14 Prospects Thread Version XXI: Finn 2nd. in PPG OHL Defenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
How do you guys think Herzog played this season?

Hes numbers are decent and seems to play a style that could translate well in the pro level.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
How do you guys think Herzog played this season?

Hes numbers are decent and seems to play a style that could translate well in the pro level.

He's got the benefit of having played 22 games already in the NLA; So playing against men won't be a completely new thing for him. As for his play this season, I haven't seen much obviously not living in Quebec. But I did see him last rookie tournament in London, And I though he look pretty good.

But Sergeconstantin74 who has been giving us updates though out the year would be the best person to ask.

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
Good start to the CHL playoffs for Leaf prospects:

Gauthier 4 points in 4 games, +6
Herzog 4 points in 4 games, -2
Finn 3 points in 4 games, +4
Brown 8 points in 4 games, +2
Rupert 7 points in 3 games, +5
Verhaeghe 2 points in 3 games, -1

Updates....

Finn 3 points in 5 games, +5
Brown 8 points in 5 games, +2
Rupert 8 points in 4 games, +4

Verhaeghe and Herzog out of the playoffs.

Hotlanta

Dec 1, 2009
Verhaeghe was invisible for most of the series, and was definitely invisible in game 7 tonight.

I'll let him slide because of his injury, but he was awful tonight. He didn't seem to get many minutes either. Perlini looked awful too.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I'll let him slide because of his injury, but he was awful tonight. He didn't seem to get many minutes either. Perlini looked awful too.

Perlini has been lack luster really the whole second half of the season, cant even recall if he had a shot on goal tonight. Seems like the type of player that relies on others to get him chances, sort of hope the leafs stay away from him in the draft.

Oh well, North Bay's a tough team to play against ;)

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
I believe we have a player in Finn. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't develop into at least a good second pairing guy. His hockey iq is off the charts. He's not a bad skater at all, but if he can get a bit better in that area I don't see anything holding him back.

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
@markhmasters 50s
Leafs sign Carter Verhaeghe to 3-yr entry level deal; will join Marlies on amateur tryout agreement for the remainder of season

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010
He's a guy I'm really interested in. Hear almost nothing about him on here, but when I catch Niagara, I'm always impressed. Anyone know what round the pundits have him in?

Wish I knew more about him too. He really caught my attention last night.

Animal

Oct 10, 2012
i'm excited to see Verhaeghe with the Marlies. Hopefully him and Herzog impress

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada

I actually really like Siebenaler. He looks like he improves every handful of games.

He's got top notch skating, and good isntincts. He's actually relatively new to the defensive position so he's learning how to read plays defensively and play the defensive game like a dman should. He's taw but has a ton of potential. He's a classic two-way dman who loves to run the PP and jump into the play. I've heard him compared to TJ Brodie.

babblemoth

my heart and I agree
Mar 7, 2010
ON

Was ranked 47th for NA skaters in the upcoming draft by NHL Central Scouting Services. The guy can skate. Seen him live a few times this year and just about everyone around you comments on his skating. Finds ways to rush the puck in. Like Ice Wookie says above he is raw talent, could have lots of upside down the road.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
Gauthier will be a good one I believe. Good chance he could be an elite 3rd line C. Which is a crucial piece for championship teams. Nothing wrong with that with a fairly late 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad