Prospect Info: 129th Overall, Dman Topias Vilen

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta

Here's a better video.

BTW, what was that "look" Vilen and the other guy did there at the end? :laugh:

What do the silcer amd gold helmets mean? Looks like one guy per team has a gold helmet ? Is it their captain or the guy who got the player of the game from the previous game or ?

josiesque

Oct 15, 2015
What do the silcer amd gold helmets mean? Looks like one guy per team has a gold helmet ? Is it their captain or the guy who got the player of the game from the previous game or ?
In Switzerland, the actual highest scorer of the team wears a different helmet. I assume it's the same in all european leagues.

josiesque

Oct 15, 2015
Oh it is, but european hockey went crazy soft the last 15 whatever years.
That's why I never really thought about the target thing but it's definitely true what you say and pretty stupid from this point of view.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
In Switzerland, the actual highest scorer of the team wears a different helmet. I assume it's the same in all european leagues.
Golden helmet is for the leading scorer of the team. Sadly its there just to promote Veikkaus which is the leading betting agency here.

I assume you meant the Red Bull helmet that Vilen is wearing when you said silver since the back of it has silver shades. That one is worn by the leading scorer for the team who is under 20 yo. Its just another sponsorship thing and its quite new. I think its only been around since 2018 or 2019 or something like that. I guess its just to showcase good young players, but eh. I'm not a big fan of it. But I'm old so I just hate everything.

Atleast in the past I've seen some Euro league top scorers actually wearing a different jersey that had some flames or something. Those looked kinda cringe, not gonna lie. Heres a link

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
Vilen just got booted out of the game for a head targeting hit.

What a regular season he had. He plays for my town's team. Don't know what the criticisms about his production are, to me you can't be nothing but happy for a 19yo 6th round pick D putting up 17pts (9g) in 41games in Liiga. Not to mention how solid he's been defensively. Hasn't been very productive in the post season and there's much more time and space in Liiga, but very positive surprise that could end up in our future 3rd pairing.

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
Vilen just got booted out of the game for a head targeting hit.

What a regular season he had. He plays for my town's team. Don't know what the criticisms about his production are, to me you can't be nothing but happy for a 19yo 6th round pick D putting up 17pts (9g) in 41games in Liiga. Not to mention how solid he's been defensively. Hasn't been very productive in the post season and there's much more time and space in Liiga, but very positive surprise that could end up in our future 3rd pairing.
I would blame the KalPa player more. Vilen made contact with his head but thats unpreventable if you try to take a hit like Karlsson did.

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
I would blame the KalPa player more. Vilen made contact with his head but thats unpreventable if you try to take a hit like Karlsson did.

Yeah he did lean into Vilen and I believe it hit the shoulder first and head second, but I get it, he did hit him in the head so hard to argue against the refs.

Edit:
Pelicans advance! So more games for Vilen!

Last edited:

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
Yeah he did lean into Vilen and I believe it hit the shoulder first and head second, but I get it, he did hit him in the head so hard to argue against the refs.

Edit:
Pelicans advance! So more games for Vilen!
Four more. Edit. 3 since he'll miss the next one, right?

Regards, Ilves :) (Vilen faces my fav team, Ilves. You know, the team that incubates the future HHOFer Eetu Päkkilä :heart: )

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
It's insightful analysis like that we all look forward to. At this point, you are an American and your teams other than the Devils are restricted to the Dallas Cowboys, the NY Yankees, and the LA Lakers. And you cannot say anything about the Cowboys without specifically stating in a loud voice "How 'Bout Dem Cowboys?!!"

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
It's insightful analysis like that we all look forward to. At this point, you are an American and your teams other than the Devils are restricted to the Dallas Cowboys, the NY Yankees, and the LA Lakers. And you cannot say anything about the Cowboys without specifically stating in a loud voice "How 'Bout Dem Cowboys?!!"
Haha quite accurate. Im currently contemplating between rooting for Yankees or Mets.

Mets colors are the same as my home town rival team's so i guess ill lean towards Yanks. Plus their stadium is closer to me!

Reactions: Guadana and My3Sons

My3Sons

Sponsor
Disaster avoided, Topias you'rr still cool.

My team scored a minute into OT :heart:
Any chance Vilen comes over to North America to get in a few late season games with Utica if his team is eliminated?

I grew up a Yankees fan and would suggest you choose them over the Mets just because as a Yankees fan I've always been happy to root for the Mets other than in the World Series against the Yankees. Many Mets fans have a chip on their shoulder about the Yankees (similar to how we Devils' fans view Rangers fans) and root against them. To some extent, rooting for the Yankees allows you to cheer for both teams. Just don't pick the Red Sox and I won't hurt you.

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
Mets are a loser franchise, unfortunately. They’re in a division with 3 other undeniable loser franchises (and the braves), and somehow have only won the division like twice since realignment 30 years ago.

It’s embarrassing at this point.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Mets are a loser franchise, unfortunately. They’re in a division with 3 other undeniable loser franchises (and the braves), and somehow have only won the division like twice since realignment 30 years ago.

It’s embarrassing at this point.
There is no such thing as a loser franchise. Bad ownership or bad management can handicap a team but both ownership and management change. Neither needs to be perfect just good enough to allow the players and coaches to perform without handicaps. The Aints won a Super Bowl and trust me their ownership was mediocre but they had good management and coaching. The Devils won three cups with mostly ok but not great ownership but for that era they had probably the best management of any professional team. The Astros stunk for most of their existence and the Milwaukee Bucs have never been anything to write home about. If COHEN is a solid owner the Mets will right the ship once he gets the right guy at the helm.

Reactions: Guttersniped

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I believe Vilen is already signed by New Jersey and is on loan back to his local team, so yes, he could come here to play for Utica if eliminated.

Reactions: Devs3cups

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Any chance Vilen comes over to North America to get in a few late season games with Utica if his team is eliminated?

I grew up a Yankees fan and would suggest you choose them over the Mets just because as a Yankees fan I've always been happy to root for the Mets other than in the World Series against the Yankees. Many Mets fans have a chip on their shoulder about the Yankees (similar to how we Devils' fans view Rangers fans) and root against them. To some extent, rooting for the Yankees allows you to cheer for both teams. Just don't pick the Red Sox and I won't hurt you.
I believe someone in the organization stated that was the plan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad