Prospect Info: 129th Overall, Dman Topias Vilen

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
What's up with the lines in that league? Looks like an extra wide offensive zone - what does that thin line next to the circles represent?

Figgie

Apr 24, 2018
Finland
What's up with the lines in that league? Looks like an extra wide offensive zone - what does that thin line next to the circles represent?

I am thinking the same. Pelicans is the only team that have that line on their ice so it is nothing to do with hockey.

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
I am thinking the same. Pelicans is the only team that have that line on their ice so it is nothing to do with hockey.
"We will not sponsor your team if you dont draw a line to differentiate us from other sponsors!!1" would be my best guess tbh. :laugh:

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
Land of Hope & Cups.

Vilen (1+1) and Pelicans beat Ilves 3-1 in game 6 and will advance to the Liiga finals.

So he played the role of the Vilen for Ilves?
And I’ll just…
75379008-3611-483E-9AAC-C6EE1AA48A53.gif

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
I keep forgetting he is in the system. He's been good since we took him in the draft. Could be a good depth guy for us. He will be in Utica next year too. Might see NHL action at some point next year.

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
1. Seems to go to the slot often
He has done that a lot. To me it seems like he has good acceleration (not speed necessarily) and glide so he usually recovers pretty easily.

Watching him he feels like a high floor, low ceiling kinda player. Would be surprised if he doesnt carve out a #6-7 role in the NHL whether its here or elsewhere. Does everything well enough but not exceptionally. Still has room to grow though.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Imagine Tappara are heavy favorites. Pelicans haven't been to the finals since 2011-12. Also Devils' vibes.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Guess who got the Pelicans on the board with a Power Play goal in Game 5 of the Liiga Finals.

View attachment 697704

The Pelicans are currently losing 3-2 in the 2nd period and they face elimination, coming into Game 5 down 1-3.

He's progressed a lot. I've been really impressed with him since the Rookie Camp, he seemed so composed and he skated very well. Nice!

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Guess who got the Pelicans on the board with a Power Play goal in Game 5 of the Liiga Finals.

View attachment 697704

The Pelicans are currently losing 3-2 in the 2nd period and they face elimination, coming into Game 5 down 1-3.

With how badly the Pels looked in the play in agsinst Minnesota I’m impressed they’ve bounced back like this. And in a different sport no less.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
So any chance Vilen joins Utica? Would think he could help them and that would exciting

Such an underrated prospect. Is literally a 2021 pick and the same age as a Luke.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Don’t see why he wouldn’t join tbh. He’s signed. Surely hope he gets there for Game 2.
Only reasons I could see are that he’s had a long season and they don’t just want to bring some new fresh 20 year old into the lineup mid playoffs. Who knows how it affects the room.

Maybe let him just get some practices in and see how it goes and he feels.

Reactions: My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad