TSN Radio: 1290 am - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
I'm just listening to Kevin O here and I don't know...he sounds like an over-enthusiastic telemarketer to me much of the time. You know what I mean? The phone rings and you pick up and right off the bat the guy on the other end is trying to sound like he's an old friend of yours. "HEYYYYYY! How you doing? Are you having a good day???? Awesome!" lol...not a hint of sincerity there.

Except it sound like he's been told to sound like that so he's trying to do it but it's sounds unnatural for him.

I'm still hoping he will turn it around. But I'm losing faith. I find myself changing the channel and not coming back when he's on. He seems to just meander though his..... I was going to say rants but he doesn't really rant, he kinda just talks without an interesting point. His interviews are also bad.

The problem all that leads to for me is apathy. I don't care. I don't hate him. I don't like him. I don't care. Many People hated Lawless. But Lawless created and cultivated those feelings. It's wasn't an accident. People would fill his columns with comments with how much they hated him. But they always read. They always read/listened. Be liked or be hated but don't be boring!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Except it sound like he's been told to sound like that so he's trying to do it but it's sounds unnatural for him.

I'm still hoping he will turn it around. But I'm losing faith. I find myself changing the channel and not coming back when he's on. He seems to just meander though his..... I was going to say rants but he doesn't really rant, he kinda just talks without an interesting point. His interviews are also bad.

The problem all that leads to for me is apathy. I don't care. I don't hate him. I don't like him. I don't care. Many People hated Lawless. But Lawless created and cultivated those feelings. It's wasn't an accident. People would fill his columns with comments with how much they hated him. But they always read. They always read/listened. Be liked or be hated but don't be boring!

Lawless was actually really good with Hustler. He played a roll of a pot stirrer and yes he could take it too far but they did create really good radio. Also say what you will but Gary had allot of contacts and they got good guests on H&L.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Exactly , reminds me of when Steve Martin freaked out on John Candy in Planes , trains and automobiles , hears an idea , when you are telling one of your stories , have a point , it makes it so much more interesting for the listener . :laugh:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I think you're kidding. I laughed at first then thought about it. It's not really an outlandish idea coming from the Jets.

1st - congrats to Hnidy. I'm going to miss him, but this is obviously a good opportunity for him.

2nd - I don't think it's an overly outlandish idea to put Stuart into that role. I think he'd do just fine, as Hnidy did.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
1st - congrats to Hnidy. I'm going to miss him, but this is obviously a good opportunity for him.

2nd - I don't think it's an overly outlandish idea to put Stuart into that role. I think he'd do just fine, as Hnidy did.

I would love Stu in that role, I want to keep him involved in some way that doesn't impact the product on the ice.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
That really sucks, I love Hnidy on the broadcasts. Congrats to Shane though I hope he got a big raise, he is one of the good guys.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Shoot, Hnidy is respected league-wide as analyst. This stings.

Someone stop Beyak from leaving!

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Terrible news. Hnidy was one of the best, and had a terrific rapport with Beyak.

If we end up with someone as awful as Engblom again I'll ****.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
I like poulin. always picks the jets to make the playoffs. doesn't pan them just because everyone else does. always fair with his comments. and knows the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad