TSN Radio: 1290 am - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

basplit

Jan 12, 2014
THIS...is TRUE

He interrupts EVERYONE.----Annoying as hell.

When someone is making a point that I want to hear and he BUTTS in its pisses me off.
Kevin I hope you read this forum.
Listen to yourself---happens in postgame --pre games-- interviews.
Not cool dude....

Reactions: Board Bard

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Yeah usually it’s to try and interject a funny line...or a line he thinks is funny to be more accurate.

Last edited:

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
The Kevin O. rant at 11am everyday is getting insufferable.

Take off the rose tinted glasses man... Your expectations for the Jets are so 3 years ago!

Reactions: TS Quint

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Well the gist of today's was "the Jet's haven't looked great but it's only 6 games. Everybody chillax!"
dont-Panic-660x400.jpg

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Toth has such a hard time accepting that a coaching change might be in the cards. He has a really weird insistence on trying to get around pointing fingers at coaching. I think he might be in for a surprise if we don't see a marked improvement in the way this team shows up for games in the next few outings...

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
And they are right. We are.500 through 6, the amount of over the top hyperbolic panic is ridiculous.

One person's "hyperbolic panic" is another person's "recognition of troubling trends and patterns." But the problem with Kevin o's "take" is that a lot of the points he makes are easily counter-pointed by those of us with a slightly less optimistic perspective - but he presents his thoughts in such a snarky, smarty-pants way as to seem they are inarguable, and that is really irksome...

Reactions: Board Bard

1430MaroonsRoad

Sep 14, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Kevin O can hang up on this knob all he wants. Good riddance!

I can also hear Toth groan when this guy calls in to the Big Show.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    68.9 KB · Views: 39

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
One person's "hyperbolic panic" is another person's "recognition of troubling trends and patterns." But the problem with Kevin o's "take" is that a lot of the points he makes are easily counter-pointed by those of us with a slightly less optimistic perspective - but he presents his thoughts in such a snarky, smarty-pants way as to seem they are inarguable, and that is really irksome...

Don't put much stock in trends of the first 6 games. We have not played our best yet, not even close, yet we are .500.

Reactions: bebob

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
well, this is being discussed ad infinitum in other threads, but there are lots of troubling things that need to get fixed quick and there isn't really all that much to suggest they can get fixed quick. That's really all some of us are saying..."It's only been six games" becomes "well there's still 2/3 of the season to go...there's still time. There's still time..." before you even know what hit you. It's happened almost every season so far.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Bring back Rick Raph- for the Jet's post game !!! the new guy is terrible.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
And they are right. We are.500 through 6, the amount of over the top hyperbolic panic is ridiculous.

The hyperbolic panic has nothing to do with the 3-3 record. It is about the ****** play by almost everyone except Helle and Ehlers.

If this is just a bad stretch and they turn it around we will have been lucky to come through it without falling way behind. If they don't right the boat we will soon be way behind.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I am going to post this a second time.

I have a feeling we are going to come out flying and look like the garbage time Jets tonight.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg

Sounds like most of the posters in here. Myself included.

jetswin

Jul 24, 2011
Kevin O is horrible....1290 just lost another listener...I miss Rick post game...he kept calls short and kept it moving...Kevins boner for Marshall is too much

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
I don't think its ridiculous when you see the same signs for over 2 years.

If you are expe
The hyperbolic panic has nothing to do with the 3-3 record. It is about the ****** play by almost everyone except Helle and Ehlers.

If this is just a bad stretch and they turn it around we will have been lucky to come through it without falling way behind. If they don't right the boat we will soon be way behind.
So as bad as we played here we are one game about 500. All that panic and were sitting pretty well. Maybe the lesson here is let's not lose our lunch over a slow start. Our skill allow us to survive

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
If you are expe

So as bad as we played here we are one game about 500. All that panic and were sitting pretty well. Maybe the lesson here is let's not lose our lunch over a slow start. Our skill allow us to survive

Our wins over Van and Carolina were badly played games. Very badly played. Our goaltending was good and theirs was bad so we managed wins.

This isn't about whining after a win. It is about what that play through 6 games suggested about our chances to win more games through the season.

Our first 2 games we were not just beaten. We were embarrassed, or at least we should have been embarrassed. 3rd game started as more of the same. Jets rallied to get the win but again it was only goaltending that made the difference - with a little help from Ehlers. 5 games, 3 wins, 4 cringeworthy performances and 1 game that was a so-so effort against another struggling team. #6 was an atrocious outing against CBJ. Being 3-3 at that point was small consolation because we should have lost 5, not 3 and very easily could have lost the 6th.

Last nights game was the first good outing we have had, or 2nd if you consider the Oilers game good.

So now we are 4-3. I'll take the 8 points. It has us in a decent spot going into this break. If we pick up where we left off and go on from there we will be fine. We will have survived a season opening slump very well. Put it behind us and go on to a great season. But if we slide back into playing the way we did in those earlier games we are not going to make the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad