TSN Radio: 1290 am - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
"maybe look at the fact that Buff has played 25 minutes a night with bottom-of-the-barrel goaltending for 6 years. "

ooh thats a very good point! touche!

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Oh Kevin O...I hope that burning hot snark-beam you fired off in your intro is aimed not only at us fans but also at several of your compatriots at the station since many/most of them ALSO have done some eye-rolling at the "Buff has a LBI" story. Also, nobody but nobody has an issue with Buff or any other player going fishing on their day off under normal circumstances, lol. The only reason there is any issue here at all wrt "Sturgeon gate" is that there was a prior narrative in which people were suggesting that Buff may actually be a healthy scratch to send a message to the room and the LBI story was just to save him a bit of discomfort with the media. In other words, his coach was doing him a bit of a solid and he may have sorta stuck a finger in coach's eye by allowing that fishy pic to be posted...

Reactions: sipowicz

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
I stopped listening because of him as well. I remember a few years back when he was constantly stating that Byfuglien should be traded. It sounds like he's at it again. The thing that did it for me was his relentless attack on Bobby Hull when it was announced that the Hot Line was to be inducted into the Winnipeg Jets Hall of Fame last year. Nobody liked what occurred in Hull's home life but I believe the fans were robbed of the opportunity to see Hedberg, Hull and Nilsson reunited for one last time and show our appreciation for what they did in representing this community on the world stage. Hull especially always took the time with the fans to ensure every last autograph was signed for those who sought him out. Westwood made it his mission to generate such a hostile environment regarding Hull that he chose not to come here. Not only did it rob the fans but also Hedberg and Nilsson. They both deserved the opportunity to have Hull be a part of the event and relive the glory days they shared as teammates here in Winnipeg.

:jets
Yes ! Totally agree with this. Westwood's "holier than thou" attitude gets really tiring.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
I find myself listening less and less between 11-2. And going to podcasts instead.

I’ve tried, really tried to give KevinO a chance. The way he talks slowly and sarcastically on purpose is so irritating, awkward and almost borderline creepy at times.

I miss Rick Ralph in that time slot.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yea I usually cut Westy some slack for his passion but lately his soap box tirades are making me want to take a nap. I come to 1290 to escape and listen to sports not get lectured by a jock about how I should both think and act.

:blah:

:soap:

Last edited:

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA
I find myself listening less and less between 11-2. And going to podcasts instead.

I’ve tried, really tried to give KevinO a chance. The way he talks slowly and sarcastically on purpose is so irritating, awkward and almost borderline creepy at times.

He's like a Jim Rome light and I can't listen to Jim Rome.

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA
Fun fact: Bob Irving was the prior owner of my Lincoln. It's like a brush with greatness. My hands have held the same steering wheel, my feet have pressed the same pedals, my ass... OK, maybe we don't go there. :laugh:

As for 1290 getting the Bombers, could be inside info. Could just be BS.

So this is the first time I have tried to add a link here so maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. It's a Seinfeld clip that seems appropriate.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
It's absolutely criminal that they got rid of RR doing the pre and post game. They even got rid of his roundtable show! He has been relegated to nothing more than Hustler's sidekick and it just leaves me scratching my head. He is hands down the most talented and professional personality on the entire station. Who did he piss off to lose his shows?

Totally agree with this post I used to look forward to Rock Ralph's post game show and his great game partners like Trevor Kidd, who made the show insightfull and fun to listen to. The show is now the shatz.

RR used to take up to about 20-25 local callers, and these guys were very entertaining and some very knowledgeable. Guys like Cosmic Bob, and Ralph from St.James, are just a couple names of regular callers to the post game show, I really liked. This new guy just does not cut it at all, and it's very boring !!! If Trevor Kidd is on with him, that helps the show out, as he's knowledgeable.

For example-after the Jet's win against Vancouver - he took just 4 calls, and 2 were from out of the country - what ??? one from the Netherlands, and one from Australia, and he talked about beer with that guy. Only 2 local callers were taken after that. It's really gone downhill.

I think they should bring Rick Ralph back to do the pre, and post game show for the Jets, as he's the most professional, and most knowledgeable. The show is just not near the same as last year -- I miss the RR post game show.- "bring it back."

Does anyone else feel the same ???

SoupaTroupa

WHY NOT US?
Jan 8, 2015
Winnipeg, MB

I can't stand Kevin O. He's not entertaining, laughs hysterically at his own jokes (that are not funny) and he's rude and sarcastic during interviews.

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011
Interesting. I hope they bring Irving along to do PBP, but keep him the hell away from the pre- and postgame show.

Why? For one, I really like the chemistry between Bauming, Westwood and Walby. The other thing is that Irving, more and more these days, just whiffs on the point callers are making. Yeah it's mostly dopes phoning in, but I've had to change from 680 to 1290 in disgust a few times after listening to surprisingly valid, insightful points completely sail over Knuckles' head.
Interesting. I hope they bring Irving along to do PBP, but keep him the hell away from the pre- and postgame show.

Why? For one, I really like the chemistry between Bauming, Westwood and Walby. The other thing is that Irving, more and more these days, just whiffs on the point callers are making. Yeah it's mostly dopes phoning in, but I've had to change from 680 to 1290 in disgust a few times after listening to surprisingly valid, insightful points completely sail over Knuckles' head.
Honestly, I could take or leave Irving's play by play now. We need some new blood in the broadcast booth.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Ralphy eats a lot of shit for the pillow thing--justifiably--but Patterson is exactly the same with his f***ing The Pint nonsense.

Reactions: Dayofthedogs

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Lol, jeez Toth, when you are describing the Jets upcoming schedule you don’t need to use the word “literally.” We know you aren’t speaking figuratively when you list the next 8 games.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Look, I don't like the name Vegas Golden Knights, but that little audio clip for the contest calls them the Las Vegas Knights and it makes me both prefer the name and get annoyed that it's a lazy error.

Reactions: Hollywood3

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Ralphy eats a lot of **** for the pillow thing--justifiably--but Patterson is exactly the same with his ****ing The Pint nonsense.

Lawless' car ones drove me mad too. I don't mind the My Pillow ones anymore. More often than not I find them pretty funny at this point. At least Rick tries to make them amusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad