Which 1 of 12 is Your Favorite Month?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I remember a few years ago I was like 2 or 3 cars back waiting for the light to change at Cottman & Torresdale. This dirt bike came up going the wrong way on the other side, popped a wheelie like just after the Septa depot that's on that side and went across the red light and kept going up torresdale avenue. There was a cop pulling out of the Dunkin Donuts drive-thru and did nothing.

Then the guy that was turning onto Cottman started his turn with the light still red by like 1/2 second with no oncoming traffic and that same cop put the lights on and forced the traffic to stop so he could follow up onto Cottman and give that guy a ticket.
Cops in Philly are not allowed to chase dirtbikes, motorcycles, atvs, and the like.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I think it was Austin (if not one of the bigger cities in Texas) they had a groups doing that major street or whatever takeover. They essentially used cameras whether they were street, business, etc. in the area since they were main roadway intersections & gathered as much license plates as possible then later arrested the people. That’s how they pretty much put an end to it in their city.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I think it was Austin (if not one of the bigger cities in Texas) they had a groups doing that major street or whatever takeover. They essentially used cameras whether they were street, business, etc. in the area since they were main roadway intersections & gathered as much license plates as possible then later arrested the people. That’s how they pretty much put an end to it in their city.

They have issues in like shore towns with these illegal car meetups. They usually ticket the shit out of the cars knowing most of these people are from out of the state & likely won’t pay it. So when they come back the following year their car has outstanding tickets on it so the towns just impound the cars then.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
I'll wait till they build the subway...
2c7e7842-4746-40d6-b33e-21a564bbcfde_text.gif

Reactions: Embiid

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
is Father Brown any good?

Not really - it's not one of those that translates very well. I'd also guess that it hasn't aged well, but I never saw it during its time. It's huge over there, though. With "Only Fools and Horses" you can at least see what made it popular - with this one, much less so.

Reactions: trostol

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami

If any of the remains are identified as his they should be shot
Wasn't there some pope whose remains were exhumed and put on trial?

I feel like that wouldn't be out of line here.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
That is the smokiest Korean BBQ setup in history. These people are all going to go to sleep in the restaurant and never wake up.

A popular form of suicide in South Korea is to light charcoal in a car with all the windows closed. In "Reply: 1988" the characters joked about the carbon monoxide they were inhaling from heating their houses with charcoal. You see, they lived in a basement flat, and the ventilation wasn't the best.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
A popular form of suicide in South Korea is to light charcoal in a car with all the windows closed. In "Reply: 1988" the characters joked about the carbon monoxide they were inhaling from heating their houses with charcoal. You see, they lived in a basement flat, and the ventilation wasn't the best.

Oh so this was a failed suicide party? This movie is pretty dark for a non-1954 Godzilla film.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad