OT: 112th Obsequious Banter Thread: Nearing the Halfway Point of the Year

Which 1 of 12 is Your Favorite Month?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

Festivalgoers got more of an adventure than they bargained for Sunday when a roller coaster ride got stuck at a fair in Wisconsin, leaving them hanging upside down for hours.

The first passenger got back to solid ground at 3:20 p.m. CT, about two hours after emergency crews were dispatched, the news release said. The last passenger reached the ground at 5:01 p.m. – more than three hours after the ride stalled.

Just more fun on roller coasters

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Thank you for:

Monty Python
The Young Ones
The IT Crowd
The Goodies
Prog Rock
Elizabeth Hurley
Fish and Chips
Sherlock (with Benedict Cumberbatch)
Benedict Cumberbatch
Emilia Clarke
Janet Montgomery
Lock, Stock.../Snatch/Rock-n-Rolla
Diana Rigg
Lawrence Brown (Lost in the Pond)
Music from the 1960s - 1980s
Matthew Berry
The Mighty Boosh
The Attenboroughs
Bill Shakespeare

No thank you for:

Benny Hill
And here I thought I was the only person alive who remembered the Goodies.

I would also suggest Blackadder and James Bond.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018

Festivalgoers got more of an adventure than they bargained for Sunday when a roller coaster ride got stuck at a fair in Wisconsin, leaving them hanging upside down for hours.

The first passenger got back to solid ground at 3:20 p.m. CT, about two hours after emergency crews were dispatched, the news release said. The last passenger reached the ground at 5:01 p.m. – more than three hours after the ride stalled.

Just more fun on roller coasters
The Sea Serpent at Wildwood got stuck upside down(ish) enough back in the day that they put steps and net under the corkscrew lol

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
BMW's are very precisely engineered and can be very finicky for maintenance. My old college roommate designs engines for a living now, and he learned how to do that on his BMW. He bought a used one...then he bought another used one, so he could strip that for parts to keep the main one running.

So I'd advise to make sure that model isn't gonna end up being too much work. Or perhaps that's a feature for you as you learn
My buddy had an X5. At least I think that was it it. An SUV. The maintenance was ridiculous. I’m happy with my 94 four banger ranger. Lady Pdx has the nice ride. I get lost in the woods with Bernie in my whip

Reactions: Lord Defect

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
2 more things to thank Britain for, Keeley Hazell.

Last edited:

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
The Sea Serpent at Wildwood got stuck upside down(ish) enough back in the day that they put steps and net under the corkscrew lol

One of the fun parts about going to Six Flags (Jersey) back in the day, was never knowing if you'd get to ride Free Fall. Always hit or miss whether it was broken that day. The urban legends around that ride were something. My favorite was that a girl lost her scalp when her hair got caught on something on the way down lol. Great ride though, lots of fun!

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
357133029_6820060208006912_2856592484447082784_n.jpg

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
EXPLAIN

I'd have to replace the front seats and I'd want to do a paint job. was curious if anyone has insight on how expensive that would be

The front seats.. well you've got options there. From replacing the foam and seat covers, to swapping seats from a newer version of a BMW (you've have to cut and weld new brackets on), installing Cobreaus or ScheelMann seats. I'm a huge fan of ScheelMann seats but they are pricey. $2k a seat.

Paint jobs are going to wildly vary in price depending on the level of effort needed to do whatever it is you want. Stripping the vehicle down to it's unibody and spraying it... I'm thinking bare minimum $6k. Maaco paint job in which they just tape things off and spray... $2k to $3k.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
EXPLAIN

I'd have to replace the front seats and I'd want to do a paint job. was curious if anyone has insight on how expensive that would be
I had a '72 2002 tii, which was a fantastic car. I bought it used and as others already said, maintenance on Bimmers (especially older ones) can get pricey. I also spent some $$$ on BBS wheels and Recaro seats- so what you spend depends in part on how far you want to go.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad