Post-Game Talk: 08-Feb-2014 OTT @ BOS

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
That was complete garbage out there today. Actually the sponsor of the post-game show on AM1200 is Carl's Waste Services! That pretty well sums up the kind of effort that the Sens gave today. Player #65s - worst game ever in a Trojan uniform, Cowan, trade that useless pylon for a bag of pucks. There are guys who do not wanna be in Ottawa and it shows. I have seen this bad movie over and over again!

“Everybody on the ice was no good!“ – Paul MacLean

Brilliant Paul, brilliant!!

****ing Ottawa Senators *******s :banghead:

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
If that is true, we are in trouble.

I haven't done the math, but it looks like the Sens probably can't afford to lose more than 8 or so games in regulation the rest of the way.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
This keeps happening. They're a lazy team with a lazy captain. T

Kanata Country Club. Rebuild didn't change enough b/c the young guys - EK, Cowen, Greening - all take games off on a regular basis. Professionalism and pride are not what we've ever been known for and it is embarrassingly obvious when your franchise's talent level dips.

We say not to be too hard b/c it's an afternoon game or whatever our excuse on any given result may be, but I think the fact of the matter is this group doesn't show up. It's the type of players we have, and perhaps the type of culture the organization breeds.

The Pesky Sens ride was such a refreshing run for any longtime Sens fan b/c it was the first time since the mid to late 90's where the team was the hardest working team most nights. Few iterations of this franchise have ever been characterized by, well, character.

I love a lot of our players but they just, as groups, have never held each other accountable. Just not what they've been about. Now, to be fair, that's true of a lot of pro teams in a lot of pro sports - but it sure would be nice to be one of those teams where we bring out the best and expect the best.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I hate the defensive zone system. Man on man is terrible and just leads to players being out of position. Man on man has cost the team so many goals. Dont get why we keep it.

Huston

Sep 23, 2006
London
I hate the defensive zone system. Man on man is terrible and just leads to players being out of position. Man on man has cost the team so many goals. Dont get why we keep it.

Because McLean likes to expose the slower players like Spezza, Cowan, etc.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Kanata Country Club. Rebuild didn't change enough b/c the young guys - EK, Cowen, Greening - all take games off on a regular basis. Professionalism and pride are not what we've ever been known for and it is embarrassingly obvious when your franchise's talent level dips.

We say not to be too hard b/c it's an afternoon game or whatever our excuse on any given result may be, but I think the fact of the matter is this group doesn't show up. It's the type of players we have, and perhaps the type of culture the organization breeds.

The Pesky Sens ride was such a refreshing run for any longtime Sens fan b/c it was the first time since the mid to late 90's where the team was the hardest working team most nights. Few iterations of this franchise have ever been characterized by, well, character.

I love a lot of our players but they just, as groups, have never held each other accountable. Just not what they've been about. Now, to be fair, that's true of a lot of pro teams in a lot of pro sports - but it sure would be nice to be one of those teams where we bring out the best and expect the best.

I've never been sold on the Kountry Klub thing, but seeing as the peskiness only appeared when our top players were out long-term, it becomes harder and harder to ignore it. EK I'll give a pass on since he is so young and leads the team offensively by a wide margin, but the same can't be said of our captain. Yeah, i'll be accused of being a broken record but the fact remains that when he's not playing, the team tends to give more effort on a complete roster-wide level.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Here's the million dollar question: How do we change that?

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
Cowen is the worst.

Cowen-Karlsson is not a good pairing and I don't know why MacLean can't see this, it's unbelievably frustrating.

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013

Another thing that bothers me is when it is a 2 on 2 and one opposing forward is driving the net and the other is along the boards and somehow both Ottawa defenseman go for the one forward driving the net, leaving the guy along the boards to go to the middle of the ice. Shouldnt the dman attack that forward near the wall since its a 2 on 2 or at least get his stick out?

Hammertyme

Jun 20, 2006
Gatineau/Ottawa
God damn, it takes a lot of boose to stay an happy sens fans this years (even tough when i m drunk and piss i become aggressive quite fast:) But seriouly we need a legit top 2 D to play with Karlsson, Cowen isn't ready yet, geez he makes me regret Kuba that a lot sayin :P

Nobody can play with Karlsson until he learns to be more responsible defensively. Methot has already said he is hard to play with because of his total desire for offense. Botton line is Mclean is predictable. If we are behind EK is playing 28+ min. This is risk/reward. Usually more of a risk.

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
Look on the bright side guys. For the first time in history, we have two alternative pro sports teams to follow in 2 months.....

Who needs the Sens when they play like ****? Now the choice isn't being made for us anymore!

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
ot

In case you missed this ...If you have Rogers and want to watch the Bingo/Ham game it may be on 368 SD and 369 HD.

Boggletrax

Oct 5, 2008
Didn't see the game. Looks like Macarthur was benched? Played only 7:23, lowest other than Kassian. Did he do something specific? I know he's been cold lately.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Eventually the Karlsson / Cowen combo may be very good but they are not ready to play as a duo . MacLean insisting on playing them together is hurting the team. EK is not the strongest defensive D we have so he can't overcome Cowen's deficiencies added to his own. I think its also hurting EK's offensive push because he can't risk leaving Cowen to defend alone when he's up the ice on a rush. MacLean needs to get back to EK / Methot in the 1st pairing. The others depend on who he dresses for any given game. I would keep Gryba and Ceci as either 2R / 3R (based on toi) depending on how and who they are playing that game and pair them with Phillips, Cowen or Wiercioch as 2L or 3L depending on which 2 are dressed of those 3. Based on his recent play Cowen would probably end up in the 3rd pairing on most nights. I would only dress Corvo in case of injury to a right D since our 3 other right D need to and deserve to dress every game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad