Post-Game Talk: 08-Feb-2014 OTT @ BOS

LynxBud

Nov 27, 2013
Gloucester
Well on the bright side, we're not heading into the Olympic break with false hope?
Also there's no real scapegoats for a game like this, so that's good.

I'm just glad I stopped watching at 3-0. Didn't think it'd get this bad though.

Now I look forward to seeing if Team Canada can bring it on international ice. We already know they're beasts in North America.

melnyk budget*

1. I'm glad I skipped this game.

2. Starting to really not like our playoff chances.

3. Will avoid this forum as much as possible until the next game.

Jonathan81

Sep 12, 2011
God damn, it takes a lot of boose to stay an happy sens fans this years (even tough when i m drunk and piss i become aggressive quite fast:) But seriouly we need a legit top 2 D to play with Karlsson, Cowen isn't ready yet, geez he makes me regret Kuba that a lot sayin :P

55sensfan

Apr 24, 2012
It is hard to cheer for this team or even watch them for a full game when they are so fragile and so inconsistent. I keep turning off games this year. I don't ever remember doing this in the past.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
I thought Binghamton played at 7?:sarcasm:

JK Bingo I'm sure you'll put on a much better show than today's garbage. Glad I spent most of the game studying.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
I think it's more because of that draft pick. Imagine if we finished 9th in the east and our pick was the lottery winner? How brutal would that be?

Yeah exactly - that's what I meant by "no first round" - I meant the pick. Totally agree.

And it doesn't mean the trade was bad re: Ryan, but it does say the trade was bad from the perspective of where the management thought the team was. We're 'loading up' and then missing the play-offs. Ouch.

Although, to be fair, there was the entire Alfie dynamic in play as well there, so it was a difficult decision either way.

55sensfan

Apr 24, 2012
I have to remind myself to not bother watching any more afternoon games. Watching the Sens in the afternoon is a total waste of my valuable time.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
You guys beat St Louis and St Louis beat us. Imho it was an effort thing, not a measure of your team. To me at least, it looked like zero effort form half the Sens team. At home in a must win, I'm sure you guys do better.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Step away from the ledge, take a deep breath.

The Bruins have been fantastic in afternoon games, and we have sucked in them. They are near the top of the conference, we are fighting for a wildcard spot. They were at home we were on the road.

The score reflected reality. I feel genuinely bad for Andy, he had no help in front. No one had a great game, but man Cowen's game was below even the low standard we set today. He has been playing better lately, but today was a complete train wreck.

Oh well, we are still in the hunt in the home stretch. We are done with games against Boston, which is a good thing.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
One of the worst games I've seen this year.

Baffles my mind how MacLean keeps Cowen-Karlsson together.

Karlsson has struggled defensively and yet to put salt on the wound he gives Karlsson a pylon to carry.

Cowen will be better but that's not a pairing you want now if you wanna succeed.

This team will go no where if Condra and Greening are on the top 6.

I am not worried though because we have influx of good wingers at least within the system. With that being said, this team needs character and hard workers, fast.

Zibanejad and Turris only guys that tried from start to finish.

Al Yashin

Nov 8, 2013
Ottawa
I'm just going to continue to say Jared Cowen is god awful. No feet + No IQ.

Besides that, it was a bad game, but I won't look too much into it collectively.... besides the utter mess that is Jared Cowen.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
i don't mind the Karlsson - Cowen pairing

it's for the future, and it's just growing pains that we'll have to deal with as long as necessary

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad