Post-Game Talk: 08-Feb-2014 OTT @ BOS

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
You guys beat St Louis and St Louis beat us. Imho it was an effort thing, not a measure of your team. To me at least, it looked like zero effort form half the Sens team. At home in a must win, I'm sure you guys do better.

I agree.

Although Ottawa played brutal game, Boston played a fantastic one. You guys have some amazing depth.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
You guys beat St Louis and St Louis beat us. Imho it was an effort thing, not a measure of your team. To me at least, it looked like zero effort form half the Sens team. At home in a must win, I'm sure you guys do better.

This was a must win. We're falling further and further away from a wildcard spot.

LatteLarrys

LatteLarry's
Dec 27, 2013
Step away from the ledge, take a deep breath.

The Bruins have been fantastic in afternoon games, and we have sucked in them. They are near the top of the conference, we are fighting for a wildcard spot. They were at home we were on the road.

The score reflected reality. I feel genuinely bad for Andy, he had no help in front. No one had a great game, but man Cowen's game was below even the low standard we set today. He has been playing better lately, but today was a complete train wreck.

Oh well, we are still in the hunt in the home stretch. We are done with games against Boston, which is a good thing.

It just boggles my mind how game times can have that much of an impact.

55sensfan

Apr 24, 2012
Cowen needs some special attention from the coaches. We need Phillips back. We need some veteran presence on defense.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I stopped watching after the 2nd. I just see no future place for Conacher, Greening, and Condra on this team. I think the only one that's really debatable is Conacher, and Condra and Greening would be ok if its 4th line minutes and that is it for a legit contending squad.

I'm not one who calls for rookies to play constantly or anything, but I just think if you replace guys like Conacher, Condra, and Greening and insert Da Costa, Pageau/Hoffman (I assume I dont see much of him), and Stone we have a better shot at winning hockey games.

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
Turris is the best player on this team. The guy shows up every night and he has a complete game. What a player. We need more of those type of players, we have too much 1 dimensional or zero dimensional players

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I'm just going to continue to say Jared Cowen is god awful. No feet + No IQ.

Besides that, it was a bad game, but I won't look too much into it collectively.... besides the utter mess that is Jared Cowen.

Funny thing is, Cowen has been playing quite well in his own end for the past few weeks. The occasional gaffe, but was miles ahead of where he was in the beginning of the season. All of a sudden, he has a real stinker today. Perplexing.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
One of the worst games I've seen this year.

Baffles my mind how MacLean keeps Cowen-Karlsson together.

Karlsson has struggled defensively and yet to put salt on the wound he gives Karlsson a pylon to carry.

Cowen will be better but that's not a pairing you want now if you wanna succeed.

This team will go no where if Condra and Greening are on the top 6.

I am not worried though because we have influx of good wingers at least within the system. With that being said, this team needs character and hard workers, fast.

Zibanejad and Turris only guys that tried from start to finish.

Michalek and Conacher worked hard all game as well. Spezza and Karlsson mailed it in and we lost. if your best players aren't your best players this is what happens.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Cowen needs some special attention from the coaches. We need Phillips back. We need some veteran presence on defense.

Shhh! People here think Phillips is the source of most of our defensive problems. Please don't shatter their reality with such posts!

GreatStateofHockey

Oct 2, 2011
Was at the game, the worst effort I've seen in years. Besides Anderson and Lehner , the only players with noticeable effort were Conacher and Michalek. Picked a horrible game to go to .

55sensfan

Apr 24, 2012
You could see this coming even before the game got away from them. There was way too many defensive mistakes even early in the game.

EssendonBombers

classless
Jan 4, 2011
Straya
Shouldn't overreact to this one. The Sens are terrible in afternoon games, the Bruins are fantastic. MacLean needs to sort out how to prepare and motivate his players for these games.

But that said, Cowen is terrible and has been all year. I don't really see a solution, but the dude could sure benefit from spending some time with Luke Richardson and re-thinking his game. Karlsson shouldn't have to be anchored down by this mong.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Turris is the best player on this team. The guy shows up every night and he has a complete game. What a player. We need more of those type of players, we have too much 1 dimensional or zero dimensional players

He is a very intelligent player. Knows what to do in the offensive zone, but doesn't really have the strength to get it done on a regular basis. I do think he could benefit by being a little more aggressive in the defensive zone...he seems a bit passive at times.

But yes, a very good 2nd line center.

dingbatz

Apr 20, 2013
Shhh! People here think Phillips is the source of most of our defensive problems. Please don't shatter their reality with such posts!

Don't be patronizing.

We were fine in the last few games. Today was an aberration and it was an afternoon game.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
I stopped watching after the 2nd. I just see no future place for Conacher, Greening, and Condra on this team. I think the only one that's really debatable is Conacher, and Condra and Greening would be ok if its 4th line minutes and that is it for a legit contending squad.

I'm not one who calls for rookies to play constantly or anything, but I just think if you replace guys like Conacher, Condra, and Greening and insert Da Costa, Pageau/Hoffman (I assume I dont see much of him), and Stone we have a better shot at winning hockey games.

How did Ryan, Spezza, and Karlsson play today ? These guys are hardly the problem Condra and Conacher play 8 to 12 minutes a night. :shakehead

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
Don't be patronizing.

We were fine in the last few games. Today was an aberration and it was an afternoon game.

thats correct, Phillips is not the answer lol. He didnt get all of a sudden better cause hes been hurt.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Was at the game, the worst effort I've seen in years. Besides Anderson and Lehner , the only players with noticeable effort were Conacher and Michalek. Picked a horrible game to go to .

And Michalek is going to the Olympics but he showed so much effort unlike the rest who are going nowhere but vacation.

I didn't mind Kelly Hrudey on this broadcast, he didn't try to sugar coat this disaster but it didn't seem like it make his day unlike Healy and the rest.

55sensfan

Apr 24, 2012
He is a very intelligent player. Knows what to do in the offensive zone, but doesn't really have the strength to get it done on a regular basis. I do think he could benefit by being a little more aggressive in the defensive zone...he seems a bit passive at times.

But yes, a very good 2nd line center.

Turris was routinely being knocked off the puck and knocked down last year. He has matured some this year. Hopefully, he will come back a little stronger next year. He is a talent. He will never be a powerhouse because of his slight build but hopefully he has still room to improve.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Everyone satisfied with Maclean as a head coach?

Haven't been happy with him all year. Does well when things go smoothly, but mostly fails when faced with adversity. Of course that isn't entirely on him but his in-game decisions are too often head-scratchers. Not sure what the solution to that is though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad