Friedman: “Lots of expectation St. Louis will be an aggressive trade partner”

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
You've made this same dumb post a couple times now and it's only amusing to you. I know there are Habs fans all salty about not prying Thomas or Kyrou for Pacioretty but it isn't the Blues job to help out the Habs. What you should be doing is hoping Molson realizes Bergevin is an idiot so that your team can be relevant again.
I’m not salty at all about Max not being traded to the Blues. It probably prevented a playoff appearance for your team, that’s much more satisfactory. What I find hilarious is the overrating of Thomas and Kyrou like they will change anything for your franchise.

It’s even funnier seeing Blues fans say they have a shot at Tavares and pinning your hopes on it. He can choose anywhere and he’s going to choose to spend his career in Missouri. Right.

Last edited by a moderator:

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Blues fans don’t like it because they think the contract is to high, but Price makes more sense to them then Pacioretty. Don’t want to see Carey leave us, but I think he would light the leak on fire on a team like St. Louis.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Armstrong simply won't pay that price. The best he would offer would be Fabbri+Winnipeg 1st imo. He has a bigger hole to fill at center and I can assure you he has no intention of putting rookie to be Robert Thomas at 2C.

The Blues need a RW and a Center. Armstrong reportedly tried to trade for a center with the Winnipeg 1st and another undetermined asset so obviously he recognizes that's the most important position to fill. He held his ground on the asks for wingers because no matter how good those players are he has quality winger prospects to potentially fill that role.

As a Blues fan I want to get better quickly but prioritizing needs and maximizing the value of trade chips is going to determine whether or not the Blues can get back to having a contender personnel wise. A misstep using the best chips on the 2nd or 3rd biggest need would be a mistake.

If his job is on the line and they need to make a change, he's gonna overpay for someone. At that point maybe sweeten it for someone better than Hoffman. But there's almost no doubt in my mind that he's gonna trade a good future or two for a top 6 guy.

But I'd do Fabbri and WPGs first for sure. I just think any Fabbri trade probably involves an additional conditional pick because of his knee. Not sure how that would work out, probably a conditional 2nd if he fails to play a certain amount of games due to the knee (can they do that?)

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I’m not salty at all about Max not being traded to the Blues. It probably prevented a playoff appearance for your team, that’s much more satisfactory. What I find hilarious is the overrating of Thomas and Kyrou like they will change anything for your franchise.

It’s even funnier seeing Blues fans say they have a shot at Tavares and pinning your hopes on it. He can choose anywhere and he’s going to choose to spend his career in Missouri. Right.

The Blues went to the Conference Finals 2 years ago but I assume you meant Cup Finals.

They weren't going anywhere in the PO's this year and they won't be under Yeo while he's here. I find it funny that you say you don't care about Pacioretty not being traded here..and yet you find it satisfying that the Blues missed. Guess what... I was thrilled when we missed. It's better for Armstrong to have private doubts about Yeo now so when next year plays out in eerily similar fashion Doug will have more reason to fire Yeo.

Overrating Thomas and Kyrou? Not even slightly. Most Blues fans have Thomas as a 3C to start off his NHL career. Kyrou may not even make the Blues roster at all next season but sure...we're "overrating" them. Big eyeroll sent your way.

I have Yeo being gone to look forward to at some point and a whole bunch of really good players with more on the way to cheer for in the meantime.

Not sure why you're carrying such hate for a Western Conference team that's retooling but I hope whatever is bothering you inside gets better.

Last edited by a moderator:

TK 421

Sep 12, 2007
Blues fans don’t like it because they think the contract is to high, but Price makes more sense to them then Pacioretty. Don’t want to see Carey leave us, but I think he would light the leak on fire on a team like St. Louis.

Doug Armstrong would never sign a goalie to that kind of deal. Just not his M.O. and they have Husso who is more than ready to back Allen up and then take his starter job when Allen has another extended slump. MTL is stuck with that contract for better or worse

TK 421

Sep 12, 2007
If his job is on the line and they need to make a change, he's gonna overpay for someone. At that point maybe sweeten it for someone better than Hoffman. But there's almost no doubt in my mind that he's gonna trade a good future or two for a top 6 guy.

But I'd do Fabbri and WPGs first for sure. I just think any Fabbri trade probably involves an additional conditional pick because of his knee. Not sure how that would work out, probably a conditional 2nd if he fails to play a certain amount of games due to the knee (can they do that?)

His job isn't on the line and he doesn't overpay as a buyer. I do think he'll be his most aggressive as Blues GM this summer so we'll see but finding a top 6 center has to be priority 1.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Doug Armstrong would never sign a goalie to that kind of deal. Just not his M.O. and they have Husso who is more than ready to back Allen up and then take his starter job when Allen has another extended slump. MTL is stuck with that contract for better or worse

People told us the same crap about Jose Theodore back in the day. People who don’t think there would be several GM’s ready to take on Price if he was made available are delusional. He’s one of the most respected, if not the most goaltender in the league. A couple million overpaid in a league with a cap of almost $80 millions isn’t going to stop teams. Another injury and/or season of poor play could however.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
People told us the same crap about Jose Theodore back in the day. People who don’t think there would be several GM’s ready to take on Price if he was made available are delusional. He’s one of the most respected, if not the most goaltender in the league. A couple million overpaid in a league with a cap of almost $80 millions isn’t going to stop teams. Another injury and/or season of poor play could however.

The struggling Price has a bonus filled contract, paying $30m over the next two summers.
He also has a ntc.
Mind boggling that so many Habs fans refuse to admit how limited the trade market for Price would be and how the low the return.

Reactions: Weiss1604

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
The struggling Price has a bonus filled contract, paying $30m over the next two summers.
He also has a ntc.
Mind boggling that so many Habs fans refuse to admit how limited the trade market for Price would be and how the low the return.

I’m aware of the metrics of the contract. But there’s a big difference between saying the contract limits options and telling Habs fans accept it, you’re stuck with the contract because there’s zero teams interested. That’s non sense.

TK 421

Sep 12, 2007

Well it is a very limiting contract and you really can't blame others for scoffing at the idea of taking it on. It severely limits any team in terms of trying to fill in around it. The Blues won't be a team that would even consider taking on that contract so in regards to this thread it's a dead idea or at least it should be.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Well it is a very limiting contract and you really can't blame others for scoffing at the idea of taking it on. It severely limits any team in terms of trying to fill in around it. The Blues won't be a team that would even consider taking on that contract so in regards to this thread it's a dead idea or at least it should be.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to sell him on other fans. I’d much prefer he rebounds and stays if I’m being honest. I understand why fans would be incredibly sceptical, I was just pointing out in my OP that he would be a good fit in St. Louis as far as their team make up. I get that the cap does make it far less appealing.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

Something something glass house something something

Reactions: le_sean

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Why do the Blues need to trade? They have Robert “Gretzky” Thomas coming up along with Jordan “Jagr” Kyrou.

Right. And its baffling how the Canadiens cant even make the playoffs with Max "top goal scorer in this decade" pacioretty, Carey "brodeur" Price, and Shea "orr" Weber, and Jonathan "lemieux" Drouin.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Whatever team will pay for Price will send a big cap dump in return. Think a Bobby Ryan type.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Who are some pieces that the Blues may make available? I'm talking low cost players to fit specific needs more then Pietrangelo or Tarasanko. Even cap dumps if Blues fans so choose.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis

Wow Your like a Lil kid. I'd thomas and kyrou are over rated then why did your entire fanbase, media, bloggers, and sports analyst all gushed over the two. They pretty much were saying it was a sure thing. Then the entire fan base harrassed blues fans with a new patches thread every day. Now your salty cause you didn't get him.

So like I said if they are so over rated then why are you acting like this?

Reactions: le_sean

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Who are some pieces that the Blues may make available? I'm talking low cost players to fit specific needs more then Pietrangelo or Tarasanko. Even cap dumps if Blues fans so choose.
Players looking to move out, but dont expect value for:
Gunnarsson
Berglund
Sobokta

Assets of value
Picks
Prospects not names Kyrou/Thomas

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016

Sobotka and Berglund are the two main ones. Gunnarsson would be too if he didn't tear is ACL. Although, the Blues traded for him when he was recovering from hip surgery so moving him while injured may not be impossible, but certainly less likely than if he was healthy. In and ideal world, Bouwmeester as well, but his injury and cap hit would make that impossible at this point. Other than that, most of the players on their roster look to be here for next year and guys like Fabbri, Sanford, Thomas and maybe Kyrou added to supplement the existing core.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Contract is too high, term is too long, he was injured big portion of year, he performed very badly for his norm, he will cost entirely too much.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
It depends on the deal.

The established roster players that would be available aren't going to get us what we need. It's the likes of Berglund, Sobotka, Bouwmeester, Gunnarsson and Jaškin. Fabbri would probably be available in the right deal, but there is no incentive for us to treat him as a throw in and the ACL injuries are going to put teams off.

The younger guys... Thompson, Kostin, Barbashev, Nolan Stevens, Blais, Sanford, Walman and Schmaltz. Then we have picks.

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
If I was the GM of the St. Louis Blues they would've had 3,5 years of Devan Dubnyk at this point. It was so obvious problem already back then. He cost a 3rd round pick for Minnesota. Armstrong has done nothing since then. Pathetic managing.

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016

Thomas and Kyrou are highly rated prospects all over the hockey world. By making it sound like they are not good prospects and won’t do anything for the Blues just makes you look foolish.

When it comes to Tavares, I don’t think he will go to the Blues but it shows complete ignorance when you talk about it as if no pro athlete would go to St. Louis (you should say STL, not Missouri, because it’s a state with a big variation in areas, like Quebec. It would be like trying to say nobody would sign with the Habs because nobody wants to live in Ristigouche-Partie-Sud-Est). A lot of top athletes in every pro sport STL has or has had have come to town and most end up staying after their career is over. Athletes love playing in STL.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
If I was the GM of the St. Louis Blues they would've had 3,5 years of Devan Dubnyk at this point. It was so obvious problem already back then. He cost a 3rd round pick for Minnesota. Armstrong has done nothing since then. Pathetic managing.
Hindsight is always 20/20. Most teams are absolutely clamoring for goalies who have only one above .500 season out of their first seven (his career stats at that point were 70-82 with a .909 SV)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad