Friedman: “Lots of expectation St. Louis will be an aggressive trade partner”

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Yep, but we are in a tough spot for who would reasonably be available and what their value is.

We aren't going to be aggressive sellers, so don't make this into one of those ridiculous threads.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
They need to get their younger players and prospects more involved as full timers like Thompson, Kyrou, Thomas etc and get some of the older slower veterans out.

Healthy Fabbri too.

And I don't know about trades but you know they'll be in on Tavares even if it's not likely.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Army said yesterday in his end of season presser that only 1 or maybe 2 of our kids could have for roster spots, as he stated you cant have 9 players out there under 20. I fully expect Army to go out and try to acquire a few more 3/4 line players as we can never have too many of them. Once we own all of them, other teams will come begging to overpay for those players. :sarcasm:

Reactions: BangarangxRufio

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
If they miss on Tavares.
Would they move a Dman for a center?

I'm wondering for a friend.
Any D-man that they would move would not be named Petro, Dunn, Edmundson, or Parayko. Our defense after those 4 is pretty bad or years away from coming up. Gunnarson and JBo are both on long term injury recovery, so you don't know what you'll have in them if/when they come back next season. The thought of Borts being in your top 4 is cringe worthy.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
If they miss on Tavares.

More than likely not. Pietro hell no. Eddy more than likely no. Dunn probably not as our PP is something we are aiming to upgrade. If you are looking at Parayko would need a 2nd pairing dman in return as well or to be able to sign Carlson etc. someone who can comfortably eat 20+ a night and be paired with Dunn who is a young aggressive defenseman. Also, highly depends on who the center is. There are enough options on the FA market making a move for a 3C doesn't make any sense.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
If they miss on Tavares.

It will be kind of interesting to see what happens. I hope for Tavares, but lets face it so does every other franchise and I think he still winds up in NYI.

I think the back up to JT is actually going to be someone like Bozak - he was solid for Kessel and while he is a UFA and will command 5.5 mill per, that isn't too bad. We have a legit need for a 2nd line center and that is Bozak - plus put him with Tarasenko and hope they click. Schenn had a great season as a top line center. Looking for someone who can get 40 points (typical 2nd line center production). I know everyone thinks we need 1 first liner, but I think Schenn has been fine there and will continue to improve so that is not an area of concern.

But I wouldn't be shocked if we went out and after someone like Simmons (trade) or Neal/JVR (UFA) . And someone who can add 15 - 20 goals from the 2nd line and will go to the net. We really need an ugly goal scorer. That has been an area of concern since Backes and Brouwer left. A body who makes a living in the crease. Tarasenko and Schwartz are snipers and Schenn is now a center so not often in front of the net. It killed our PP this year and someone who is physical in the top 6 is a need. Next season, Fabbri, Schwartz, and Tarasenko - lots of skill but no net front presence.

Razzdazzle1

Apr 25, 2017
It will be kind of interesting to see what happens. I hope for Tavares, but lets face it so does every other franchise and I think he still winds up in NYI.

I think the back up to JT is actually going to be someone like Bozak - he was solid for Kessel and while he is a UFA and will command 5.5 mill per, that isn't too bad. We have a legit need for a 2nd line center and that is Bozak - plus put him with Tarasenko and hope they click. Schenn had a great season as a top line center. Looking for someone who can get 40 points (typical 2nd line center production). I know everyone thinks we need 1 first liner, but I think Schenn has been fine there and will continue to improve so that is not an area of concern.

But I wouldn't be shocked if we went out and after someone like Simmons (trade) or Neal/JVR (UFA) . And someone who can add 15 - 20 goals from the 2nd line and will go to the net. We really need an ugly goal scorer. That has been an area of concern since Backes and Brouwer left. A body who makes a living in the crease. Tarasenko and Schwartz are snipers and Schenn is now a center so not often in front of the net. It killed our PP this year and someone who is physical in the top 6 is a need. Next season, Fabbri, Schwartz, and Tarasenko - lots of skill but no net front presence.

Flames will trade you Brouwer back. I'll drive him to the airport today!!

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
St. Louis and Washington make a ton of sense as trade partners if St. Louis is looking to solidify their goaltending position. St. Louis is packed with prospects that Washington is weak on organizationally, and either Grubauer or Holtby are clear upgrades over Allen.

Reactions: Godfather

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
St. Louis and Washington make a ton of sense as trade partners if St. Louis is looking to solidify their goaltending position. St. Louis is packed with prospects that Washington is weak on organizationally, and either Grubauer or Holtby are clear upgrades over Allen.
If we brought in one of those goalies, Allen would have to be going the other way, and that doesn't make sense from Washington's standpoint. They'll roll with Allen and Husso next season and give Husso probably 20-30 starts depending on how he does. Husso is the future.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

Grubauer would be great, but we'd need to make sure his next contract is reasonable.

Reactions: DanielBrassard

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Rumored to want Hoffman and I feel like Hoff is done in Ottawa. Especially if we land Svechnikov or Zadina. Ottawa apparently had some interest in Fabbri. I can see something happening there. Probably at the draft. I also really like Kyrou but I doubt Hoff could land them both.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
If we brought in one of those goalies, Allen would have to be going the other way, and that doesn't make sense from Washington's standpoint. They'll roll with Allen and Husso next season and give Husso probably 20-30 starts depending on how he does. Husso is the future.
This belongs more on the Blues subforum, but reading this echoes "Allen is the future" during the Halak/Elliott days.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Rumored to want Hoffman and I feel like Hoff is done in Ottawa. Especially if we land Svechnikov or Zadina. Ottawa apparently had some interest in Fabbri. I can see something happening there. Probably at the draft. I also really like Kyrou but I doubt Hoff could land them both.
From what I read, Armstrong was not willing to deal Fabbri. That didn't make sense though given Ottawa requested Fabbri's medical history. You dont do that unless he's been offered. So I could see a deal with Fabbri being viable over the offseason

Fabbri+Kyrou just wont happen. From what Doug Armstrong said during the TDL. Dorian wanted one of the blues top prospects and Army tried to substitute the 1st from Winny for the prospect.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

Not necessarily. If we take Grubauer off the market, there are no more mid-20s potential starters available. A lot of teams are looking for their long-term solution at goal. Arizona took Raanta off market. If we grab Grubauer, NYI and Buffalo (and potentially Philly/Carolina) would still be looking. I'd bet NYI and Sabres would both be willing to take a gamble on Allen. The only other solutions available are 30+ year-old platoons/career back-ups like Lehtonen, Mason Bermier, Khudobin, Ward, etc.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis

Lets just end this right now. Armstrong is not trading thomas or kyrou. He has stated this several times. He also this morning on Bernie Miklas show stated that he expects thomas and Kyrou to push for the nhl spots. Thomas and Kyrou fill a position of need for blues, Thomas as a center and Kyrou as a rw. I would love to add hoffman to my team but i would rather see of fabbri bounces back. I would also like to see what center we get in this super deep draft.

In reality we just dont have the prospects you want available for mike hoffman.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Not necessarily. If we take Grubauer off the market, there are no more mid-20s potential starters available. A lot of teams are looking for their long-term solution at goal. Arizona took Raanta off market. If we grab Grubauer, NYI and Buffalo I'd bet NYI and Sabres (and potentially Philly/Carolina) would both be willing to take a gamble on Allen. The only other solutions available are 30+ year-old platoons/career back-ups like Lehtonen, Mason Bermier, Khudobin, Ward, etc.
what happens if no one wants allen and we get stuck with a neimi lehtonen thing. Thats a lot of money tied up in goalies

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

What would it take to get Grubauer? I'm not sure I'd pay too much for an untested starter. Thomas, Dunn, and probably Kyrou are off the table for a goalie. I'd be willing to pay equivalent value to what Frederick Anderson got (30th OA and mid 2nd) but not anywhere near what Schneider brought (9th OA).

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
More than likely not. Pietro hell no. Eddy more than likely no. Dunn probably not as our PP is something we are aiming to upgrade. If you are looking at Parayko would need a 2nd pairing dman in return as well or to be able to sign Carlson etc. someone who can comfortably eat 20+ a night and be paired with Dunn who is a young aggressive defenseman. Also, highly depends on who the center is. There are enough options on the FA market making a move for a 3C doesn't make any sense.

Does Antipin intrest the Blues? He's actually been one of Buffalo's better defensemen but Housley just doesn't seem to like him. Either the language barrier or maybe he kicked Housleys dog, whatever it is I don't think he wants to play in Buffalo next year, and I don't blame him.

I feel like there's a deal to be made between the teams despite many Blues fans saying Parayako is untouchable. We have Reinhart who could play center, just needs some opportunity, and is a nice net front presence like the Blues need. O'Reilly who is still a damn good player, I just hope Mittlesdat takes his spot in the lineup next year. Maybe O'Reilly moves to wing or Mittlestadt gets parked on Eichel's wing, we just need a big shakeup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->