Confirmed with Link: Zucker to Pittsburgh for a 1st, Galchenyuk and Addison

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
I’m honestly so f***ing happy for him.

like he potted a goal from Sidney f***in Crosby. Minnesota could never. Seeing all the videos from pens social makes me envy his joy. Love to see it!

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Hey mates, I come in peace...

Just want to get some clarification on something. The Pens pbp guys - Mears, Errey and their other broadcasters were correcting themselves with Zucker's last name and how to say it correctly. They would say it like "Zuhker" but then apologize and correct it to "Zooker"...

We've seen the pens do this before with Conor Sheary, after 2 seasons as a Penguin, he had them correct the way to say it from "Shear-ee" to "Sherry"...

What's the correct way to say it? Were they saying his last name the wrong way the whole time and he just finally corrected people now that he can?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Hey mates, I come in peace...

Just want to get some clarification on something. The Pens pbp guys - Mears, Errey and their other broadcasters were correcting themselves with Zucker's last name and how to say it correctly. They would say it like "Zuhker" but then apologize and correct it to "Zooker"...

We've seen the pens do this before with Conor Sheary, after 2 seasons as a Penguin, he had them correct the way to say it from "Shear-ee" to "Sherry"...

What's the correct way to say it? Were they saying his last name the wrong way the whole time and he just finally corrected people now that he can?
I've always heard it pronounced with the u from "sugar", as opposed to the oo in "zoo" or uh in "trucker."

I'm not sure if his name is actually German, but if it is the pronunciation makes sense.

Reactions: TaLoN

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I've always heard it pronounced with the u from "sugar", as opposed to the oo in "zoo" or uh in "trucker."

I'm not sure if his name is actually German, but if it is the pronunciation makes sense.
I am guilty of never correcting people to say my last name or my first name and just sort of accept it as "close enough" so I get it when people don't. But from hearing his name in Wild feeds from before and then now that he's a Penguin, suddenly hearing it a different way is weird.

Even during the post game, they were apologizing and correding it to the Zoo version.

Thanks for replying.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
How much of Guerin's decision about playing Galch is because of his ego in wanting him to work out, so he can "win" the PIT trade? I also wonder how much of his letting go of BB was about ego. I suspect that BB let fly with a few F bombs when he found out that Zucker was traded for yet another deeply flawed player, and Guerin got offended.

Reactions: Mickey the mouse

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
How much of Guerin's decision about playing Galch is because of his ego in wanting him to work out, so he can "win" the PIT trade? I also wonder how much of his letting go of BB was about ego. I suspect that BB let fly with a few F bombs when he found out that Zucker was traded for yet another deeply flawed player, and Guerin got offended.
I don't think anyone thinks of Chucky as anything more than a cap dump... but you have to see what you have in him to see if you can get anything out of him in flipping him or if he surprises and his game fit here for some odd reason.

Addison was the real chip in return for Zucker... and the 1st.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

He might've been blowing smoke, but when BB was on Paul Allen's show the morning after the trade, he was gushing about the return.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Why did my post get moved to here from the Wild forum?

Anyway, after seeing Galchenyuk in action, I have to say...how did he ever get 17 points for PIT this season?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Why did my post get moved to here from the Wild forum?

Anyway, after seeing Galchenyuk in action, I have to say...how did he ever get 17 points for PIT this season?
This is the Wild forum... it just moved from the prospect thread to the Zucker trade thread... the Chucky convo isn't appropriate in the prospect thread.

As for the 17 points... even a blind squirrel can find a nut. ;)

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
So happy for Zucker. Pittsburgh is going to be great for him.

The Pens look good but the East is shaping up to be some type of gauntlet this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad