Confirmed with Link: Zucker to Pittsburgh for a 1st, Galchenyuk and Addison

Status
Not open for further replies.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
If I’m guessing, I’d bet the 2021 class is the weakest one since 2024. It’s very similar to 2012s structure with all of the defenseman near the top, and that usually leads to misses. Are Raty is the guy everyone talks about going 1st overall and Lundell’s d-1 production is much better than Raty’s d-1 production. I like Luke Hughes, though.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
If I’m guessing, I’d bet the 2021 class is the weakest one since 2024. It’s very similar to 2012s structure with all of the defenseman near the top, and that usually leads to misses. Are Raty is the guy everyone talks about going 1st overall and Lundell’s d-1 production is much better than Raty’s d-1 production. I like Luke Hughes, though.

The first 2021 mock I saw had 5 centers and 3 defensemen in the top 10.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Names I consistently see near the top:

Centers: Raty, Bolduc, Beniers, McTavish, Johnson
Wingers: Guenther, Lucius, Othmann, Lysell
Defensemen: Power, Clarke, Hughes, Lambos

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think that Addison might end up having a better career than Zucker, so I'm still good with the trade.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
Names I consistently see near the top:

Centers: Raty, Bolduc, Beniers, McTavish, Johnson
Wingers: Guenther, Lucius, Othmann, Lysell
Defensemen: Power, Clarke, Hughes, Lambos
Power is big, strong, very mobile , smart, all the tools.
I'd like to see where he would go in this year draft

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Power is big, strong, very mobile , smart, all the tools.
I'd like to see where he would go in this year draft

I would bet he would replace Sanderson in the discussion for 1st/2nd defenseman taken. As in, most would consider him less than Drysdale, but more than Sanderson.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
I would bet he would replace Sanderson in the discussion for 1st/2nd defenseman taken. As in, most would consider him less than Drysdale, but more than Sanderson.
I think he's #1 D taken and may give Laf a run for #1 OA
Hard to pass on someone, I know this is a reach, with Hedman potential
And seeing it's NYR, they need a #1 LD like Wild need a 1C

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think he's #1 D taken and may give Laf a run for #1 OA
Hard to pass on someone, I know this is a reach, with Hedman potential
And seeing it's NYR, they need a #1 LD like Wild need a 1C

It's too bad we'll never find out in reality, cause this is so far from being the truth.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
It’s way too hard to get any good clips from the USHL. I think it’s easy to look at Power and say he’s going to be the next Hedman the way you might say Byfield is the next Malkin. I think people tend to overvalue size relative to actual ability. For every Hedman, there’s a few Gudbransons and Ekblads. I think Ekblad is probably a fine target for him, I’m just skeptical of people who think this guy will become a perennial Norris candidate just because he big and likely a high pick, when in reality, when a 6’5 D-man develops into a top-pair guy, that’s typically well worth a top 5 pick.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
It’s way too hard to get any good clips from the USHL. I think it’s easy to look at Power and say he’s going to be the next Hedman the way you might say Byfield is the next Malkin. I think people tend to overvalue size relative to actual ability. For every Hedman, there’s a few Gudbransons and Ekblads. I think Ekblad is probably a fine target for him, I’m just skeptical of people who think this guy will become a perennial Norris candidate just because he big and likely a high pick, when in reality, when a 6’5 D-man develops into a top-pair guy, that’s typically well worth a top 5 pick.
I totally understand that were talking about 17 - 18 year olds and things change quick but I saw Power play in person 6-7 times and he was very very consistent. and showed everything you want to see , great feet - positioning - skating - when / where to move puck, etc..
He was playing on a free wheeling team , hence all the points, but IMO he just played the right way
I'd take him over Sanderstrom without a doubt.
On a side note, I'm not a Byfield fan at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad