Confirmed with Link: Zucker to Pittsburgh for a 1st, Galchenyuk and Addison

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
It was not given that him and Sid would have chemistry, but it seems that they’ll be as good together as we hoped. Really happy for him.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
zucker has more talent than most of you realize

This trade was the best thing that could've happened for Zucker's career....he finally gets to play alongside an elite center and I wouldn't be shocked at all to see him hit the 40 goal mark. I also know that with the centers on this roster he would never be able to put up those kind of numbers here in Minnesota

That being said, I don't have any issues with the trade.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shoresy

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
zucker has more talent than most of you realize
What Zucker has is not just a #1 center to play with, but a superstar center. Of course his numbers would take off there. The potential that he has would be buried here with any center he'd be lined up with. It is what it is.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
I see Pens fans are taking *checks notes a bleeping losing streak(?) well.

Good gawd.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
In response to the Lucic/Neal trade condition, it's good to know Minnesota will just roll over for the league and not fight anything. Minnesota Nice and Minnesota Mild indeed.

The Lucic/Neal trade condition was that if Neal scored 21 goals in the 19-20 season AND Lucic scored 10 less than Neal, the Flames would receive Edmonton's 3rd round pick. Neal didn't score 21 goals, but the NHL decided that he would have. However, they tweaked it so that Edmonton can decide to pick 2020 or 2021 to trade the pick.

They also tweaked the Jack Campbell/Kyle Clifford trade. Originally, the Maple Leafs owed a conditional 3rd round pick in 2021 and a 2020 3rd Round Pick to the Kings. The condition was if Jack Campbell wins 3 games or Leafs re-sign Clifford. They amended it so the Maple Leafs owe the Kings a 2021 second round pick if they win their qualifier against the Blue Jackets, Campbell gets two or more wings OR if they sign Kyle Clifford.

Finally, they tweaked the Sami Vatanen trade. The original conditions were if Vatanen plays fewer than five games (no pick), plays between five and twelve (fourth rounder) and a 3rd rounder if he plays 13 or more. New conditions:
• If Carolina beats the New York Rangers, and Vatanen plays in 70 per cent of the Hurricane’s playoff games (not including the play-in round), New Jersey gets Carolina’s third-round pick this year.
• If Vatanen plays in less than 70 per cent of Carolina’s playoff games, then the pick is dependent on how many appearances Vatanen makes against the Rangers. If he appears twice and Carolina wins the series, New Jersey gets Carolina’s fourth rounder this year. If he appears twice and the Rangers win, the Hurricanes get the choice of a fourth-round pick this year or next year. If he doesn’t play twice against the Rangers, no pick goes to New Jersey.

Why is this important to the Zucker trade? Because it also had an extremely important condition in it:

Minnesota will receive Pittsburgh's own first-round pick in the 2020 draft if the Penguins make the Stanley Cup Playoffs. If Pittsburgh does not qualify for the postseason, it will have the option to instead give Minnesota its first-round pick in 2021. The option will expire at 5 p.m. ET on June 1.

The option for Pittsburgh technically expired, though it wasn't triggered (as they haven't made the postseason yet). However, the new option on when hasn't been announced and technically Pittsburgh didn't qualify for the playoffs on June 1st, so they should have made the decision to keep the pick or not.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The option for Pittsburgh technically expired, though it wasn't triggered (as they haven't made the postseason yet). However, the new option on when hasn't been announced and technically Pittsburgh didn't qualify for the playoffs on June 1st, so they should have made the decision to keep the pick or not.
Not the same thing since the playoffs are still happening and their qualifying for them is up in the air for real.

You're making a mountain out of a molehill.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Not the same thing since the playoffs are still happening and their qualifying for them is up in the air for real.

You're making a mountain out of a molehill.
Pittsburgh already made the playoffs. The Edmonton/Calgary decision is just the latest example of Bettman/Daly making the wrong choice every time they have the option. Makes no sense to use the date of June 1st as any sort of example though. Pushing the leagues timeline back is the last thing to be complaining about.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Pittsburgh will beat Montreal, we will get their pick this year, everything will be fine. Deep breaths everyone.

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Pittsburgh will beat Montreal, we will get their pick this year, everything will be fine. Deep breaths everyone.
That's the one series I fully expect a sweep before puck drop. Habs are a terrible team. Pens are a damn good team.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I personally want Montreal to win. I have a feeling Pittsburgh will give us the pick either way, and if not, maybe Pittsburgh’s ales a turn for the worst next year and it ends up a lottery pick.

Gundee1114

Aug 4, 2011
Minnesota
I personally want Montreal to win. I have a feeling Pittsburgh will give us the pick either way, and if not, maybe Pittsburgh’s ales a turn for the worst next year and it ends up a lottery pick.

If I remember right they have the option to wait until the 2nd lottery is finished, so why if they lose to Montreal and win the 1st pick would they give that up? If they lose to Montreal and don't win #1, then sure I'm with you and can see em giving it to us.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Not a chance PIT gives up the 1st. GM's live in the now, and every year that goes by is one less year that Crosby and Malkin play. They are the very definition of a team who's future is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad