Injury Report: Zuccarello out with upper body injury UPGRADED: Day to Day (Not Cleared for Contact)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
You gotta take out Glass in game 7 if Zucc is cleared. Zucc is like Gretzky compared to him.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I don't know what they were talking about, but it sure was a success :laugh:

Brass is our hero...and we need some more magic from Zucc ;)

Glass was also in the picture and he got an assist by driving hard to the net. Tomorrow everyone goes tanning with Zuccarello. Clearly works better than practice.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
IDK about playing him friday even if hes ready. He'll need some games to get back in the swing of things. Game 7 is not the time to experiment.

This is on my mind too. Not sure if you can just drop him in Game 7. Especially cause he would have only had one full practice.

Well, perhaps 2.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Brass knew his best friend Mats wants to play hockey tonight, so he willed the team to victory: 3 goals, 5 points, +5, 10 shots. True bro-love there.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
rangers will never bench MSL...its not going to happen, dont even suggest it will.

Sheppard will sit, we all know it.

I'm guessing...

Nash - Brassard - Miller (you literally CAN NOT separate this line after the way they played tonight)
Kreider - Stepan - MZA
Hagelin - Hayes - MSL
Glass - Moore - Fasth

I like Fasth a ton up top..but he gives our 4th line a TON of help when he plays there.

Wolfy*

Nash - Brassard - Miller (you literally CAN NOT separate this line after the way they played tonight)
Kreider - Stepan - MZA
Hagelin - Hayes - MSL
Glass - Moore - Fasth

If you're talking SCF, and Zucc returns, he goes back there. Wanna bet? ;)

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
If you're talking SCF, and Zucc returns, he goes back there. Wanna bet? ;)

if were talking SCF..that means that we won game 7...which also likely means our top line played well enough for us to win game 7.

so yes, i dont expect that line to be broken up.

frankly Zucc NEEDS to be playing with Hagelin & Hayes...to get that line going.

MSL? who's he?

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
if were talking SCF..that means that we won game 7...which also likely means our top line played well enough for us to win game 7.

so yes, i dont expect that line to be broken up.

frankly Zucc NEEDS to be playing with Hagelin & Hayes...to get that line going.

MSL? who's he?

This. No way you break up MBN after tonight. MZA with Hayes and Hags is a beast line that could go up against most 2nd lines in the league, IMO. And that'd be the 3rd line.

I'd love to see MSL or Glass scratched for Sheppard but that own't happen, so our 4th is gonna be weak, but Dom Moore is the man so our only anchors on O are 4th line wings. Not bad.

Wolfy*

you wanna break up a line that just had a 12 point night?

Yep, because Miller isn't ready for top line play based on one game. And we need Zucc in there with his pal Brass to get that line going, including Nash, they way it has all season.

Couple of other things...they don't pay a guy 4.5M a year to stay on the third line. And finally, they will not demote Zucc because he got injured.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Yep, because Miller isn't ready for top line play based on one game. And we need Zucc in there with his pal Brass to get that line going, including Nash, they way it has all season.

Couple of other things...they don't pay a guy 4.5M a year to stay on the third line. And finally, they will not demote Zucc because he got injured.

It's not a demotion. If you have 2 lines going strong and the only weak link on the 3rd is RW, you put your 2nd best RWer there to make the top 9 super solid.

MZA doesn't care about "demotions" in lines right now. He cares about getting the cup. If Miller suddenly vanishes, then you move Zuke up and the top 6 doesn't skip a beat. That's depth, baby.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
No way you break it up. You give them at least 2 periods the next game and if they do nothing you make the change then.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Even if Zucc is cleared to play, he's been out a while, and isn't in 'game shape'.

It would definitely be anti-AV like to switch things up and sit someone who has been a part of a group who has been through two full series together.

Tough call.

FOD

Jul 26, 2011

Moot point. There is 0 chance Zucc plays on Friday. 0!

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Even if Zucc is cleared to play, he's been out a while, and isn't in 'game shape'.

It would definitely be anti-AV like to switch things up and sit someone who has been a part of a group who has been through two full series together.

Tough call.

AV is nuts if he sits out Zuke entirely for the SCF (if they get there). No doubt one of our top 5 offensive players (Nash, Step, Kreider, Brass above him right now) and you have MSL dragging Hayes and Hagelin to the grave.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
AV is nuts if he sits out Zuke entirely for the SCF (if they get there). No doubt one of our top 5 offensive players (Nash, Step, Kreider, Brass above him right now) and you have MSL dragging Hayes and Hagelin to the grave.

Oh, I was just referring to Game 7...

SCF, if he's ready to go, he has to be in. Someone will sit, and thats still a tough call.

Dagh

Dec 10, 2007
Moot point. There is 0 chance Zucc plays on Friday. 0!

Make up your mind, is the chance 0 or 1?

Anyway, I hope he's ready for the SCF, if that happens. Not sure I'd play him, even if he was ready for game 7 now though.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
It's not a demotion. If you have 2 lines going strong and the only weak link on the 3rd is RW, you put your 2nd best RWer there to make the top 9 super solid.

MZA doesn't care about "demotions" in lines right now. He cares about getting the cup. If Miller suddenly vanishes, then you move Zuke up and the top 6 doesn't skip a beat. That's depth, baby.

Exactly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad