Injury Report: Zuccarello out with upper body injury UPGRADED: Day to Day (Not Cleared for Contact)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
I agree with you. It's risky putting a rusty player in such a crucial game 7. Klein has struggled a lot in his return. Hunnicutt was moving the puck better and making better decisions. ..
Don't you also feel like it would be setting him up for failure? If god forbid he doesn't perform well, and seems to bring his line down, then our entire season's outcome is hung on his shoulders... Doesn't matter if the fans would see it that way, since the player most definitely would harbor the guilt that they had been the ones who let their team down.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Guess we find out when they practice. If he in full contact, he is playing.

The amount of life he will bring into the garden for game 7 could be exactly what the team needs to win the game.
Both the Garden and the team will be just fine on their own merits for Game 7. But it'll probably get a big roar when at some point during the game Zucc waves on the big screen.

I'm curious from some of you though; if you really thought hard about it, do you think you're thinking with your heart or your head when you consider it a good idea to just insert him into game 7? Do you think it's a move most coaches would make at this point or do you think you're just being emotionally invested in it beyond reason?

Last edited:

94wasagoodyear

Jan 19, 2014
LOL at those thinking MSL will be benched. No chance in hell that happens. MSL is one of the leaders of this team. You dont just bench a leader in game 7 of the conference finals, regardless of how poorly he is playing. It could have negative ramifications in the lockerroom.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
LOL at those thinking MSL will be benched. No chance in hell that happens. MSL is one of the leaders of this team. You dont just bench a leader in game 7 of the conference finals, regardless of how poorly he is playing. It could have negative ramifications in the lockerroom.

Richards was an expressed leader and you see where he wound up. Not saying it will happen, but that It could.

I would role:

Nash - Brass - MZA
Kreider - Stepan - Miller
Hagelin - Moore - Fast
Sheppard - Hayes - MSL

But we will never see this
Glass has been ok playing his role pretty well
Pretty disciplined too
Maybe switch him and Sheppard in and out if the lineup
Otoh if we were to win one more game this season I am pretty sure we will see Zucc on the ice again playing real games before October
Time will tell so just ****ing WIN

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Absolutely agreed. Not a chance AV, or any active coach for that matter, would make that move. Not even a remote chance.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Don't you also feel like it would be setting him up for failure? If god forbid he doesn't perform well, and seems to bring his line down, then our entire season's outcome is hung on his shoulders... Doesn't matter if the fans would see it that way, since the player most definitely would harbor the guilt that they had been the ones who let their team down.

You're really over doing it here man. If Zucc was able to play and was a little rusty, that doesn't mean the entire season's outcome is on his shoulders and he would be held responsible for the other 18 guys on the ice not performing well enough to win the game.

If Zucc can play, a rusty Mats is leaps and bounds better than anything MSL has brought to these playoffs. Even if they go with the lines as is and shelter Zucc with 3rd line minutes and PP time only, it's an upgrade over MSL. Just his hustle and the fact that he can stay on his skates would be an upgrade, nevermind actually moving himself and the puck on the half boards on the PP.

Wolfy*

I would role:

Nash - Brass - MZA
Kreider - Stepan - Miller
Hagelin - Moore - Fast
Sheppard - Hayes - MSL

That's more like it, I'm sure Zucc goes back on the Brass line as soon as he's 100% healthy.

Just because Miller scored a goal last night and picked up a few assists because Brass was amazing it doesn't mean he's gonna stay there.

You don't break up Brass and Zucc, wouldn't be very smart IMO.

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
That's more like it, I'm sure Zucc goes back on the Brass line as soon as he's 100% healthy.

Just because Miller scored a goal last night and picked up a few assists because Brass was amazing it doesn't mean he's gonna stay there.

You don't break up Brass and Zucc, wouldn't be very smart IMO.

I think you do for game 7 because Miller is the hot hand and Zucc is going to (realistically) be a little slow to get back into things.

Game 1 for SCF, if we get there, I could see Zucc back on the top line.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
You're really over doing it here man. If Zucc was able to play and was a little rusty, that doesn't mean the entire season's outcome is on his shoulders and he would be held responsible for the other 18 guys on the ice not performing well enough to win the game.

If Zucc can play, a rusty Mats is leaps and bounds better than anything MSL has brought to these playoffs. Even if they go with the lines as is and shelter Zucc with 3rd line minutes and PP time only, it's an upgrade over MSL. Just his hustle and the fact that he can stay on his skates would be an upgrade, nevermind actually moving himself and the puck on the half boards on the PP.
Again, I'm talking about from his perspective. He would know the expectations of being inserted into the lineup would be to energize the team, and to help boost them. If he faltered, had a bad turnover, kept his line from performing, or underperformed in ways that in any way became a detriment to the win; he would probably carry a heavy weight. I guess my point was that being inserted rusty into game 7 of an intense series you haven't played in and knowing a big spotlight would be on you even though you haven't played in over a month would be a pretty tall order.

But the point really is moot anyway, for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
Yeah more and more I think Zuccarello is out for game 7. I really want him there, but would be shocked if he plays.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
I'm also curious as to some of your thoughts on the big white mouthpiece he was wearing yesterday. And is that something that Nash (or others) had worn as well? I don't recall that.

Wolfy*

He's got a week to get ready for Game 1. The boys can win this one for him.

Sounds like he can actually help them when he's off the ice as well. Here's what the King said about Zucc:

“He’s been around the team now for a little while and it’s always fun to have him around,†goalie Henrik Lundqvist said.
“Every time someone goes away for a while, you don’t want to see that. He’s a big part of this team. Just having him around is a boost for us. Hopefully, we can keep on playing and he can join us.â€

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
I'm also curious as to some of your thoughts on the big white mouthpiece he was wearing yesterday. And is that something that Nash (or others) had worn as well? I don't recall that.

Mouth guards are worn to protect players from concussions. Pretty standard equipment.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Sounds like he can actually help them when he's off the ice as well. Here's what the King said about Zucc:

“He’s been around the team now for a little while and it’s always fun to have him around,†goalie Henrik Lundqvist said.
“Every time someone goes away for a while, you don’t want to see that. He’s a big part of this team. Just having him around is a boost for us. Hopefully, we can keep on playing and he can join us.â€

And this from Brass:

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Both the Garden and the team will be just fine on their own merits for Game 7. But it'll probably get a big roar when at some point during the game Zucc waves on the big screen.

I'm curious from some of you though; if you really thought hard about it, do you think you're thinking with your heart or your head when you consider it a good idea to just insert him into game 7? Do you think it's a move most coaches would make at this point or do you think you're just being emotionally invested in it beyond reason?

If he is ready, and by ready i mean medically cleared, then he will play. It has nothing to do with me wanted him to be thrown out there, still injured, just so I can cheer for him.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
If he is ready, and by ready i mean medically cleared, then he will play.
I think what you mean is that you think he will play. I say not a chance.

It has nothing to do with me wanted him to be thrown out there, still injured, just so I can cheer for him.
Who said it did? Methinks you may have missed the point entirely.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
There is no coach who would decide not to play one of his best forwards in a game 7, if he is cleared to play, because he needs a few days of practice. He will either be right back in his regular spot or still play but with limited minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad