Injury Report: Zuccarello out with upper body injury UPGRADED: Day to Day (Not Cleared for Contact)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
When you have the address...

Take the number that is bolded

put it in between [ tweet] [ /tweet] (With no spaces) then you get this result

Thanks man, appreciate it!

There's a tweet button when you are making a post. Similar to the Youtube button.
Yeah, but some of us didn't know to just use the status number and not wrap the whole link in between the tags, and then it looks a mess. I've seen a bunch of us tweet 'newbies' do that lately lol.

Wolfy*

AV smiles, Zucc is happy...and so am I :)

Now eliminate those Bolts, and our reinforcement will be there!

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Zuccs loss can not even remotely be understated at this point. I think if we had him, this series would be very different right now.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Zuccs loss can not even remotely be understated at this point. I think if we had him, this series would be very different right now.

He's our most creative player by far. He makes plays that the other team simply can't game plan against. Zucc is a system-breaker.

Maybe we're still where we are right now even with Zucc in the lineup, but I can't for the life of me imagine us scoring so little.

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
Even if Zucc plays again this post season, does anyone believe that he'd be as effective as he was before he blocked McD's shot? Look at Nash, Klein, McD, etc......it takes loads of time to recover from being out with an injury. I'm not so excited about his return, other than for the human factor and POSSIBLE psychological bump.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Even if Zucc plays again this post season, does anyone believe that he'd be as effective as he was before he blocked McD's shot? Look at Nash, Klein, McD, etc......it takes loads of time to recover from being out with an injury. I'm not so excited about his return, other than for the human factor and POSSIBLE psychological bump.

There is no way to know for sure. Maybe sit a player whose name rhymes with Lass and just give Zooks some minutes on the PP to start and see how he feels out there? I'm sure Zooks and AV will discuss things before any decisions are made.

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
There is no way to know for sure. Maybe sit a player whose name rhymes with Lass and just give Zooks some minutes on the PP to start and see how he feels out there? I'm sure Zooks and AV will discuss things before any decisions are made.

Hahahah! :handclap:

If he plays, he's gotta play minutes. No way can a guy like Zuuc play limited minutes and be effective. Got get into the flow of the game without rust.

Wolfy*

Norwegian fans probably know Martin Ylven, hockey player who was part of the national team. This crazy dude had seven concussions, but refuses to give up despite warnings from doctors.

He's huge, but not a great player I think, more like a goon who likes to fight. I'd say he's playing with his life, funny part he's training inside a cemetery :laugh:

He says a few interesting things about concussions though.

https://translate.google.no/transla...n-smelle-igjen/a/23458021/&edit-text=&act=url

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
I have a question regarding being cleared for contact that I was hoping someone more knowledgeable could provide some insight on.

Obviously, in no way am I saying I know when Zucc is going to be cleared for contact, but how long after being cleared does it usually take players to return to the lineup? Is it different depending on the situation? Are we talking a week or a couple days?

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I have a question regarding being cleared for contact that I was hoping someone more knowledgeable could provide some insight on.

Obviously, in no way am I saying I know when Zucc is going to be cleared for contact, but how long after being cleared does it usually take players to return to the lineup? Is it different depending on the situation? Are we talking a week or a couple days?

There is no set time. It could be right away (after cleared for contact) or it could be after the coaches feel he is ready after viewing him in a few practices. Most coaches like to see for themselves in practice but each situation is different.

Wolfy*

The NHL rule says a concussed player must have at least one full contact practice, symptom free.

This means he can actually return to the lineup after just one practice session, if his conditioning is okay.

I believe he's been skating in a secret location, and then should be in a pretty good shape.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
is it possible that they are lying about him not being cleared for contact? He skated in a full jersey today, which would comply with the CBA as a "full contact practice"...

I'm very curious if the Rangers are trying to throw Tampa off with a surprise set of lines

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
is it possible that they are lying about him not being cleared for contact? He skated in a full jersey today, which would comply with the CBA as a "full contact practice"...

I'm very curious if the Rangers are trying to throw Tampa off with a surprise set of lines

I think when he does play we won't find out about it until the pre-game skate just because there's no reason to give Tampa/Ana/Chi notice ahead of time.

That said does a full contact jersey really matter? I mean he was skating by himself with the scratches/goalie after the practice. It's not like there is contact then.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
11310926_10103980322822959_2082393988_n.jpg

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010

No.

He is not cleared. It would not comply.

It's just a jersey. He simply was anxious to get some skating in, nothing more. Every single person on the team knows he's no contact, and he only skated with a few anyway at the very end of practice...

He wasn't even supposed to be skating today.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad