Proposal: Zibanejad to the Avs

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Incorrect x 3.

Avs current slide .. many at their HFB base are holding back going all in, and there is at least perception if not reason for it. Colorado can get hot, but it has been with uneven results to date.

My prior offer ... they clearly have depth issues currently. Adding 2 worthwhile pieces and taking off cap dump by obvious comparison is a better option for AVs than just Zib for Sens 1st.

No more NMCs .... We can not allow this to be an issue going forward. To defeat that there must never be such option available. Extensive NTC does the job for both sides. You completely ignored that true fact. Not surprising, if I said water was wet you'd give me a hard time.
If player wants absolute control, he can go ef himself.
You are delusional if you think any NHL GM is going to handicap himself in negotiations by taking NMCs completely off the table. The key is to identify which players are talented enough to deserve the NMC. All you will accomplish by keeping them off the table is a team that never competes for a cup and consistently loses top talent as they approach UFA. A team of 23 and under kids will not be successful Bern, as much as you'd like to think they would.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
People should start coming up with Colorado proposals that don't involve the OTT pick.

The pick is unavailable at this current time. We're not trading it until we know where it's gonna be.

Reactions: Meeqs

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Hayes is not better fit for Colorado than Zibby because Zibby is superior player to Hayes.

I would not go higher than Avs 1st + Timmins + Greer/Bowers but if the Rangers don't accept that I can understand completely.

That's a really strong offer for Zibby. I think if he was on the block this gets it done, although I know many NY fans would want more due to the contract zbad has.

When he's healthy he's an extremely talented two-way player. I would love to see him play with an all-star winger because he would really rack up the points.

Reactions: Murzu

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
That's a really strong offer for Zibby. I think if he was on the block this gets it done, although I know many NY fans would want more due to the contract zbad has.

When he's healthy he's an extremely talented two-way player. I would love to see him play with an all-star winger because he would really rack up the points.

That is why we have to keep the Ottawa pick. So Kakko can be Zibby's RW.

Reactions: Murzu

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Ranger fans are like the Leaf fans of the United States - they tend to overrate their players to no ends and every single player who dawns a blueshirt is worth a 2nd round pick at minimum.

Reactions: Patagonia

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Ranger fans are like the Leaf fans of the United States - they tend to overrate their players to no ends and every single player who dawns a blueshirt is worth a 2nd round pick at minimum.

Like LEAF fans!? We can take your insults but c'mon....

To be fair we've done a good job recently of getting 2nd round picks or more for every single player.

I'm going to say it to prove you wrong, but Brendan Smith is not worth a 2nd round pick at this time....but every other player in our organization is.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

I don't quite feel that way, but even though NY wanted ROR and Duchene at different times. Their proposals were never as often and as infuriating. Also you can have a coherent conversation with NY fans, and end it in agree to disagree. Most Leafs proposals end in me wanting to block someone lol.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
No one deserves that association.

Yeah I think this is pretty much spot on lol. A league of their own.

For the record I remember having some of the most amicable trade discussions with Rangers fans, and Montreal fans. I actually think this thread holds up fairly well to that too. You are always going to have the way out there stuff obviously.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Our window opens the instant we complete a trade for a 1b Center like this; when MacK & Zibby are still on cheap contracts that it would be wise not to squander.

Nate's already 23, how much longer is he supposed to wait to be able to contend if you're talking about building through the draft? 2-3 years? Are we gunna just let his entire offensive peak go by waiting if that Ottawa pick can't solve things for us by the end of the 2019-2020 regular season, heading into the playoffs? What about Landy? He's 25 and may well not age particularly smoothly. Are we really not going to even start competing for the cup until he's 27-28 and approaching that 30-YO mark where a lot of PWFs have fallen off a cliff lately?

Mind you I'm not saying throw the farm away, as I'm all for hoarding our pieces barring anything but a big trade for that 1b C that stands between us & being genuine contenders. But for that one move to open our window...like LA trading for Carter & Richards...I'm ok with paying a premium. Even if we gave up the Sens pick and Timmins we'd still have all of our picks, with a good prospect pool containing a lot of interesting long-term plays.

I think the difference here is that I don't know that I really believe that a 1b Center makes us a genuine contender this year. Nor do I think that Mack being 23 or Landy being 25 is a good reason to panic and try to go all in right now, because I think we're only probably a year or two away from contending without making any moves. That doesn't mean I think we won't be in the playoffs for the next couple years, just that I think we should actually win a playoff series before we start behaving like we're really Cup contenders. Baby steps.

Reactions: Bender

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I think the difference here is that I don't know that I really believe that a 1b Center makes us a genuine contender this year. Nor do I think that Mack being 23 or Landy being 25 is a good reason to panic and try to go all in right now, because I think we're only probably a year or two away from contending without making any moves. That doesn't mean I think we won't be in the playoffs for the next couple years, just that I think we should actually win a playoff series before we start behaving like we're really Cup contenders.

I don't think making a bold move to shore up a weakness that we will not fill internally within the next two years is acting like cup contenders. I think it's aggressively attempting to take the next step to being a perennial playoff team. Truly contending like a Nashville, Pit, WPG, etc takes experience by your top players and maturation of your entire core including some choice middle six guys you keep long term.

We need the right pieces to be good enough to even get far enough in the playoffs to figure out what the minor tweaks and deficiencies are.

Reactions: cgf

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
I think the difference here is that I don't know that I really believe that a 1b Center makes us a genuine contender this year. Nor do I think that Mack being 23 or Landy being 25 is a good reason to panic and try to go all in right now, because I think we're only probably a year or two away from contending without making any moves. That doesn't mean I think we won't be in the playoffs for the next couple years, just that I think we should actually win a playoff series before we start behaving like we're really Cup contenders. Baby steps.
Kind of a chicken and the egg with “I think we should actually win a playoff series before we start behaving like we’re really cup contenders.”

What if th current team isn’t good enough to win a playoff series? How long do you wait to add? How long do you spoil mack’s Contract before deciding, ok now we need to make a move.

You seem to want the best of both worlds where we don’t spend anything, and yet, are competitive enough to win at least a playoff series.

Problem is, that may not be possible. So how long do you wait?

Ie. Avs make the playoffs and lose in th first round. Now what’s your move?

Reactions: cgf

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
I don't quite feel that way, but even though NY wanted ROR and Duchene at different times. Their proposals were never as often and as infuriating. Also you can have a coherent conversation with NY fans, and end it in agree to disagree. Most Leafs proposals end in me wanting to block someone lol.

There's only one Rangers fan I block on a regular basis. I seem to think that unblocking them after a week is feasible and they may be more bearable. Nope, they never tone it down.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
1. I like Tyson Barrie. He is one of my favourite D-man.
2. 4th best player on the team? Our 4th best player last year was Buchnevich... and it means nothing. Zibanejad is our 2nd in points. IMO you don't want to trade your 2nd ;)
3. We are in rebuild mode... so although we need RHD, we preffer younger assets.
4. 70 pts ... its great. No doubt. :thumbu: Nobody in our roster is in this level right now. But again.. it means nothing. We are not trading for veteran RHD.
4. 70 pts - it is great. Nobody in our team is in this level.. But again - it means nothing. We are not trading for RHD.
5. The topic is "Zibanejad to Avs" and not "Is Barrie good fit for the Rangers?". If you want Zibanejad, you will have to pay our price. And yes.. I agree.. 1st round (Sens) is very high price. But you have another 1st round pick..

The funniest thing about this whackadoodle post is that Barrie would be tied for the leading scorer on the Rangers. Love it.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Kind of a chicken and the egg with “I think we should actually win a playoff series before we start behaving like we’re really cup contenders.”

What if th current team isn’t good enough to win a playoff series? How long do you wait to add? How long do you spoil mack’s Contract before deciding, ok now we need to make a move.

You seem to want the best of both worlds where we don’t spend anything, and yet, are competitive enough to win at least a playoff series.

Last year, we were competitive against Nashville with EJ and Varly both out for the entire series and Hammond starting the final two games. We added Cole and Grubauer (plus Francouz) to try to address the things that held us back last year, and our youngsters got an off-season to continue prepare for the season. This year, we're still 5+ months away from finding out if this seemingly improved team is good enough to win a playoff series. And, until we find out, it's kind of hard to determine what changes will still need to be made to the roster. A lot can change in 5+ months, especially when it comes to young players who are still growing into their roles, there's no reason to get ahead of ourselves.

And, it's not that I don't want to spend anything, I just want to be a little more certain that we're spending on something we actually need, and not just what we appear to need right now. If we stay patient, and let the process of building through the draft actually work, I think we're going to be better served in the long run. Upgrading a position where we already have something that seems to be working doesn't really make sense to me.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I lost some brain calls reading these pages...

I probably couldn't name 30 players I would trade the sens #1 pick for if I were them, and Zibby isn't in any top 30 NHL players list. (I didn't actually start naming players, so I have no idea how many actual players I wouldn't trade it for....)

The Avs first isn't enough unless the prospect coming back is a top prospect. The problem here is without Zibby, and the risk of losing UFA Hayes, we're going to be forced to either sign a vet through free agency, taking a big step in the wrong direction, or toss in Chytil who shouldn't be pushed in a #1C role right now. We have centers who are better as wingers and can't really fill the center position after losing Zibby, and possibly Hayes through trade of free agency. So the value of Zibanejad to us is pretty high.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
The funniest thing about this whackadoodle post is that Barrie would be tied for the leading scorer on the Rangers. Love it.
While it's a good possibility he leads the Rangers in points, NYR are 23rd in the league for goals scored per game, and Avs are 2nd. The most likely scenario is Barrie would have less points on the Rangers, whether leading the team or not.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
I don't think making a bold move to shore up a weakness that we will not fill internally within the next two years is acting like cup contenders. I think it's aggressively attempting to take the next step to being a perennial playoff team. Truly contending like a Nashville, Pit, WPG, etc takes experience by your top players and maturation of your entire core including some choice middle six guys you keep long term.

We need the right pieces to be good enough to even get far enough in the playoffs to figure out what the minor tweaks and deficiencies are.

How can you definitively say that we won't fill it internally in the next two years? That's where I run into issues. I can't definitively say that Compher won't become a ROR type guy. Or that Kerfoot isn't capable of more than what he's shown so far. I also don't think we've seen the best of Jost, or Kamanev, so it's hard to figure out where they'll fit long term. And that's even before the Sens 1st comes into play. If we get lucky and draft Cozens or Hughes, do we still need to trade for a 2C?

And, those truly contending teams built their team first, then started trading off spare parts for the pieces that would help them. Nashville could trade Seth Jones because they already had a great D. They could trade Girard and Kamanev because they already had those roles filled. We're still working on filling in the team, and aren't quite to the point where we know which parts are the spares.

Reactions: Bender

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
That wuz not enuf and AV's slide hasn't helped incline for a deal.

They 6-0-1 over their last 7 games. 13/14 points.

giphy.gif

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016

That’s a pretty insulting generalization to an entire fan base. Most ranger fans have a realistic viewpoint on our players values. Some on these boards tend to post more frequently and more outlandishly so I can see your point, but I don’t like being lumped in with a few wild ones.

Zibanejad in my opinion is worth at least a first and a very solid prospect, his value is a little higher because of his contract, and because he appears to be a part of this Ranger rebuild. So I don’t think I’m off base there.

Hayes is definitely worth a first and a prospect, he is nearly as good as Zibaejad as a player, just a different style. It seems much more likely he gets traded.

Zuccarello should also get a late first this year as long as he is healthy by the deadline.

Now keep in mind Nash got us a Forst round pick + last trade deadline, and Hayes and Zuccarello are both better players.

Zibanejad in all reality would probably take an overpayment. The Rangers seem to have zero interest in trading him. Obviously everyone is available at the right price, but to get Zibanejad I’d figure you’re going to have to pay up.

Reactions: cgf and WeRa

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018

Big free agent splash. Mark Stone or Artemi Panarin. One of those guys will make one of our 2c candidates look way better. Then next year we also have Cale Makar for the whole season and that year or next we have Ottawa's pick playing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad