Zibanejad 5 and a game for ‘boarding’ Faksa

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

At least they admitted they F'd up. Sadly, too late for the Rangers.

cliffclaven

Nov 29, 2018
You and I have VERY difference definitions of “violent” if that’s what you consider this.

This isn’t a penalty in any contact league.
Well, the nhl isn’t really a ‘contact’ league anymore. So it’s a “penalty” I guess. Personally I think it’s a joke, and evidently the league does too considering they rescinded the major. Doesn’t help the rangers any though.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
People get sometimes serious concussions from really harmless looking staff and others are ok after really bad looking things. Brain injuries are well complicated.
My first concussion came as I leaned into my car to grab my phone that fell off the seat and whacked my head on the door frame. It was unspeakably nasty for such a benign cause. The four that came after were from just as stupid of injuries and left lasting impacts.

I have no dog in this particular fight but TBIs are tricky.

Reactions: Katie Connauton

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
My first concussion came as I leaned into my car to grab my phone that fell off the seat and whacked my head on the door frame. It was unspeakably nasty for such a benign cause. The four that came after were from just as stupid of injuries and left lasting impacts.

I have no dog in this particular fight but TBIs are tricky.
I feel ya on the lasting effects. I still get blind spots and unspeakable headaches from time to time. Granted, my first concussion was from a particularly nasty football collision when I was a kid, but the couple that I've had throughout my life have definitely had some unpleasant effects. From depression to the aforementioned headaches and loss of vision, even an apparent significant change in personality (though I blame puberty and then just getting sick of peoples' crap for that one). Head injuries aren't to be taken lightly.

Regarding the football incident, I didn't even know what happened until someone filled me in years later. Turns out we were running a drill, and I juked my man and avoided the hit. My coach apparently flipped out and told us to run it again, so I put my shoulder down and went in. Helmet to helmet, fade to black. My coach was one of those "If you're not getting hit, you're not doing your job" types. Never mind the fact that I was a receiver and was under the impression that not getting hit was exactly my job.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I'm not sure it was worth 5 and a game, but I'm still trying to figure out what Zibanejad had to gain from nailing a prone player that was already pinned to the boards?

Just take the puck and move up ice.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm not sure it was worth 5 and a game, but I'm still trying to figure out what Zibanejad had to gain from nailing a prone player that was already pinned to the boards?

Just take the puck and move up ice.

Maybe 2 mins for interference, tops.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
I feel ya on the lasting effects. I still get blind spots and unspeakable headaches from time to time. Granted, my first concussion was from a particularly nasty football collision when I was a kid, but the couple that I've had throughout my life have definitely had some unpleasant effects. From depression to the aforementioned headaches and loss of vision, even an apparent significant change in personality (though I blame puberty and then just getting sick of peoples' crap for that one). Head injuries aren't to be taken lightly.

Regarding the football incident, I didn't even know what happened until someone filled me in years later. Turns out we were running a drill, and I juked my man and avoided the hit. My coach apparently flipped out and told us to run it again, so I put my shoulder down and went in. Helmet to helmet, fade to black. My coach was one of those "If you're not getting hit, you're not doing your job" types. Never mind the fact that I was a receiver and was under the impression that not getting hit was exactly my job.
Yeah my best friend took a volleyball spike to the face and lost three months.

When I went to the hospital for the first one the doc told me I was probably having a migraine. Douchebag. I still get the headaches and it’s an absolute bitch to drive at night. And there are just certain pitches of sounds that cause me intense discomfort now. Like I have to remove myself from the situation. I wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad