Zibanejad 5 and a game for ‘boarding’ Faksa

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
giphy.gif

Reactions: Machinehead

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
BS Call. Refs are morons, should be fired. It’s called hockey, it’s called making a hit. Not Zibanejad’s fault Faska was in a bad position.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
BS Call. Refs are morons, should be fired. It’s called hockey, it’s called making a hit. Not Zibanejad’s fault Faska was in a bad position.
He didn't put himself there. This isn't a sudden change of position like turning into the boards to avoid being hit. He's in the process of being hit by another player while controlling the puck. He already took all the precautions he can take, now he's half-trapped and still in possession. Zibanejad could easily seal him off or pick his pocket without putting his head into the wall, and at this point it doesn't matter if he made 100% shoulder contact, Faksa has no options available to him to protect himself.

There is zero, absolutely zero reason for Zibanejad to finish that hit like that. If you ever think "I'm going to hit this guy's shoulder with my hip" you're already in the wrong, I'm trying really hard to think of a justified scenario for that and I'm coming up blank. Seized a completely avoidable opportunity to violently put his opponent into the boards, Faksa has no way to distribute the force through the rest of his body or the wall because he'd only just done that. That's a vulnerable player, perhaps even by definition.

Or maybe this is fine, and I should call the coaching staff in D.C. up tomorrow and let them know that all the team's softbodies need to do is keep people on the tee for Tom Wilson to crank at will. It's a step away from tag team wrestling and totally avoidable

Last edited:

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I’d like to see a better angle(missed the game), but from that view alone, as a Ranger fan, i’m giving him a 5 and game as well. Super vulnerable position and he drilled his head into the boards. When a player is already engaged with another player they are not expecting to be hit and this is why.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
It's a penalty for sure. Should've been 2 minutes but the injury makes it 5. Nothing new here, no suspension needed or anything like that. If Faksa wasn't hurt, it'd be 2 minutes.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
It's a penalty for sure. Should've been 2 minutes but the injury makes it 5. Nothing new here, no suspension needed or anything like that. If Faksa wasn't hurt, it'd be 2 minutes.

It was a hit to the head on the board and the player got injured. You'll allways get tossed for those type of hits these days. He's not getting a suspension and he shouldn't be .

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014

If he gets up and skates away no call is made. No zebra had their arm up when it first happened. The call was made only after he layed on the ice for 5 minutes and they congregated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad