Zibanejad 5 and a game for ‘boarding’ Faksa

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
At that slow speed?
8KTtscB.png

Lol no. The guy who's recieving the hit must be responsible for what kind of situation he put himself in. Stupid of Faksa for getting that low on the boards.
I wouldn't even want someone to disco hip bump my head into a wall from a standing position. You think guys with tree trunk quads can't get a little force through their body without a running start?

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
OOOooohh, you could really feel that breeze as their jerseys nestled into each other.

Reactions: POVERTY

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
I mean, he drove his hip directly into a vulnerable players head and into the boards. It wasn't at full speed but it was still dangerous and unnecessary, hard to argue with that.

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
don't be so fired up over it, the most disgusting part of the exchange was the 5-on-3 that came shortly after where NYR the better scoring opportunities. DAL pp == penalty.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
So our #1 C got a game misconduct, dramatically screwing up our chances of winning this game. Also the team who we got 2 conditional 1st rounders from got a well needed win? Yeah I'm fine with that.

A top 5 pick would do wonders for our rebuild.

Weak call though.

Reactions: egelband

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
So our #1 C got a game misconduct, dramatically screwing up our chances of winning this game. Also the team who we got 2 conditional 1st rounders from got a well needed win? Yeah I'm fine with that.

A top 5 pick would do wonders for our rebuild.

Weak call though.
its cool, we were just going to reach for an unknown to eventually bust- DAL does its big business in the 5th round :D

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
i feel like most of the stars fans here feel it should have been ~2mins,
but since we've moved on.. its time to take the piss

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Zibanejad isn't getting suspened for this , Rangers are not playing to win and the game is over lets just move on. I have actually only have a problem with that stupid nonsense Strome did at the end of the game not with Zibanejad .

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Faksa was in a vulnerable position, and Zibanejad had ample time to react to that. He didn't, so it's a fair penalty.

Because Faksa left the game, that's why it was a game misconduct IMO.

Reactions: The Nuge

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
BS Call. Refs are morons, should be fired. It’s called hockey, it’s called making a hit. Not Zibanejad’s fault Faska was in a bad position.
RE: bad position, league made it clear years ago (shortly after the DoPS was created) that the onus is on the hitter to NOT hit a player in a vulnerable position. Of course, the DoPS has been notoriously inconsistent in applying it, but it has been stated many times over the past decade.

Not saying it isn't a super soft call (by the book, it's a 5 and a game for a boarding penalty that results in an injury ... but refs have found creative ways to avoid the 5 and a game assessment many times before).

Reactions: egelband

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Clearly a vicious, malicious hit :sarcasm:
That said concussions are complicated. There doesnt even need to be contact with the head on a hit to end with a concussion.

EscapedGoat

Jun 15, 2012
Lol no. The guy who's recieving the hit must be responsible for what kind of situation he put himself in. Stupid of Faksa for getting that low on the boards.

That's simply, 100% untrue. You can say you believe that or that's your opinion but the DoPS has made it clear hundreds of times that the onus is on the player making the hit to not hit a vulnerable player.

Whether you like that or not is your opinion. But you can't make a blanket statement that the player receiving the hit is responsible when thats patently false.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad