Rumor: Zetterberg’s contract to Tampa

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
If anyone truly believed a "situation" like this wasnt going to happen, give your head a shake.

A hockey trade involving Palat or similar for futures right before Kucherovs return will happen

Easy peasy

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
All those posts about "The Big Impending Trade" and Hank's contract moving.... for naught! :cry:

Scottgaf1

Nov 11, 2020
Losing a guy like that in a shotened season can really hurt. Im not saying they miss the playoffs, but weirder things have happened.

Covid could hit their team, other injuries, etc. Not a great way to try and repeat.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Losing a guy like that in a shotened season can really hurt. Im not saying they miss the playoffs, but weirder things have happened.

Covid could hit their team, other injuries, etc. Not a great way to try and repeat.

If fans are not back by the time the playoffs come around then home ice advantage means nothing. As long as TB gets in, if Stamkos can stay healthy and Kutcherov can get back and be himself, I think they have just as good of a shot if not better than last year.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
If fans are not back by the time the playoffs come around then home ice advantage means nothing. As long as TB gets in, if Stamkos can stay healthy and Kutcherov can get back and be himself, I think they have just as good of a shot if not better than last year.
I've read TB will have some fans, # is TBD. We like to play it fast 'n loose here in FL, you only live (this life) once.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
& there it is. Expect Cirelli to sign now. Damn!!

Thus concludes the 10K pages of speculation on HF. Just like murder hornets, nobody suspected Kuch to be out for the season LTIR.

Funny how he didn't get the surgery (or ID the need for it) in Oct...hmmm.
I TOLD YOU SO! Lol.

It didn't end up being Stamkos, but I said LTIR would the problem. Trade with Seattle coming this offseason.

I did figure out a workaround the NTC. TB could waive TJ again and just have Seattle pick him up off waivers. Seattle can afford to do that without any adders.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

They won the Cup without Stamkos, so now they'll have Stamkos but not Kuch. Not that much of a downgrade.

Reactions: kliq

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I TOLD YOU SO! Lol.

It didn't end up being Stamkos, but I said LTIR would the problem. Trade with Seattle coming this offseason.

I did figure out a workaround the NTC. TB could waive TJ again and just have Seattle pick him up off waivers. Seattle can afford to do that without any adders.
I don't believe Seattle can claim TJ on waivers until after the season is complete, or at the ED.

Also, LTIR is such a lame "Get Out Of Jail Free" card, while all the board-wide speculation was predicated on TB not having an LTIR candidate.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Guess all the season-ending /LTIR officially start today:

Chicago #Blackhawks forward Alex Nylander has undergone surgery to his left knee (meniscus) and is expected to miss 4-6 months.

Kuch & A.Nylander...(all of a sudden, how weird):dunno:

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I don't believe Seattle can claim TJ on waivers until after the season is complete, or at the ED.

Also, LTIR is such a lame "Get Out Of Jail Free" card, while all the board-wide speculation was predicated on TB not having an LTIR candidate.
That is what I mean, after the season, Kuch frees up enough cap space they can keep TJ this season.

What was my argument all along? They will fix it with LTIR. There will be no big trade. That is what I said all along.

Same with VGK, I told you they would fix it by selling another asset.

I did not guess the player involved correctly, but the end fix was correct for both teams. No big rewards for salary dumps.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
That's fantasy world.
welcome-to-fantasy-8349189487.jpg

Reactions: jaster

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
I TOLD YOU SO! Lol.

Then TB will lose 2 guys to Seattle. Plus he can be picked by them in the expansion draft.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Too bad, I seriously doubt we ever see the same player. Most of the guys that have to do hip stuff are just simply never the same. I hope Kucherov can recover, but I honestly wouldn't count on it modern medicine and all, this is a really bad area to injure, especially with the stress hockey players put on their hip pointers.

Reactions: Winger98

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Then TB will lose 2 guys to Seattle. Plus he can be picked by them in the expansion draft.
I doubt TJ gets picked because Francis knows Brise is in cap trouble and TB has so many good players, they can't possibly protect them all. Killorn gets selected in the expansion draft, then TJ gets waived and picked up. Tampa becomes cap compliant without having to give up huge assets.

Or they give up an asset to pick the player Seattle selects (which would probably be Gourde), then gives them TJ on top by waiving him since TJ has a NTC.

Either way, TB needs to lose 2 players when Kuch and Stamkos come back for 21/22. Ideal situation for them is Gourde and TJ, Seattle is the perfect fit.

I also see MAF headed to Seattle as well, but that would be a trade since VGK is exempt from the expansion draft.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
This sucks. Kucherov is my favourite player outside of Detroit and not seeing him is an absolute blow for NHL in general.

Most entertaining player since Pavel retired.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
/endrumor

Though obviously the rumor was true in terms of TB's interest, up until tonight....

Ottawa Senators acquire Coburn, Paquette, pick from Tampa Bay Lightning for Gaborik, Nilsson - TSN.ca

All Ottawa got out of it though in terms of real assets was a sixty-something overall pick. So much for that mega-deal for a 1st and a premier goalie prospect.

combined salary @ 1yr. is only $3.3M, so a 2nd isn't bad at all considering Sens dumped $7.5M LTIR. I think the way it works is that if a team goes over the 10%, than the team has to pay it, not the insurance co., otherwise it'd be putting a limit on teams injuries in a contact sport, which wouldn't work.

Pacquette will be useful enough & Coburn is their Staal.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Reactions: Gniwder

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
combined salary @ 1yr. is only $3.3M, so a 2nd isn't bad at all considering Sens dumped $7.5M LTIR. I think the way it works is that if a team goes over the 10%, than the team has to pay it, not the insurance co., otherwise it'd be putting a limit on teams injuries in a contact sport, which wouldn't work.

Pacquette will be useful enough & Coburn is their Staal.

Sens moved $5.5M in salary, not sure how much of that would have been covered by insurance had those LTIR contracts stayed in Ottawa. Are you saying that TB may need to pay some or all of it instead of the insurance company because of their cap situation? I don't know anything about that, but I doubt TB cares nearly as much about that aspect as they do simply becoming cap compliant.

In the end, I'm not saying it was an unfair deal for Ottawa. Despite being in the position of major leverage, they may have just said, "screw it, we'll take just a 2nd rather than miss out on the trade to a team like Detroit and receive nothing."

Paquette is fine, but he's not going to move the needle for Ottawa in his [likely] one year there. The only asset of value they got was that low 2nd.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
That 1st + went out the window once kucherov got told to hang out at the pub and be ready for game 1

No doubt. The mega-deal with good assets ended with that development. Just kinda funny to see a deal still go through where TB still got a ton of help and only had to give up a 2nd.

I wanted that 1st and Hugo as much as the next guy. Oh well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad