Rumor: Zetterberg’s contract to Tampa

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Sens moved $5.5M in salary, not sure how much of that would have been covered by insurance had those LTIR contracts stayed in Ottawa. Are you saying that TB may need to pay some or all of it instead of the insurance company because of their cap situation? I don't know anything about that, but I doubt TB cares nearly as much about that aspect as they do simply becoming cap compliant.

In the end, I'm not saying it was an unfair deal for Ottawa. Despite being in the position of major leverage, they may have just said, "screw it, we'll take just a 2nd rather than miss out on the trade to a team like Detroit and receive nothing."

Paquette is fine, but he's not going to move the needle for Ottawa in his [likely] one year there. The only asset of value they got was that low 2nd.
Not sure about who's paying & how much is being paid of the LTIR.

The $3.3M was referring to Pacquette & Coburn combined salary = late 2nd, so not a bad return, considering we get a mid-ish to later 2nd for Staal's $3.2 actual salary.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaster

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
No doubt. The mega-deal with good assets ended with that development. Just kinda funny to see a deal still go through where TB still got a ton of help and only had to give up a 2nd.

I wanted that 1st and Hugo as much as the next guy. Oh well.
Well they were fortunate they got cheapskate melnyk to have a deal with . They got rid of like 7 million actual salary i believe of players who wouldnt play and replaced them with actual bodies for less money . Melnyks wet dream

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Well they were fortunate they got cheapskate melnyk to have a deal with . They got rid of like 7 million actual salary i believe of players who wouldnt play and replaced them with actual bodies for less money . Melnyks wet dream
Depends on how much is covered by insurance. We'll never know.

I wonder if this means we'll see Barre-Boulet and Foote play this season. They still have to figure out who they're going to protect in the expansion draft, and get rid of some players before the following season.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Depends on how much is covered by insurance. We'll never know.

I wonder if this means we'll see Barre-Boulet and Foote play this season. They still have to figure out who they're going to protect in the expansion draft, and get rid of some players before the following season.
Guessing theyll likely give seattle a 1st + maybe alnefelt since they have a longterm #1 for them to take johnson or some type of similiar move

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad