Zemgus leading NHL All-Star fan vote!! (ZEMGUS RAP VIDEO Post #118)

Side Stache

Dec 3, 2011
Can anyone translate the rap? Or at least describe what the hell they are saying besides Zemgus Girgensons 50 times. Just curious is all.

Someone over alien site tried his best.
badlatviantranslator said:
Bad translation here:
Eggs are here... Are you ready?
1.5 million votes
Zemgus Girgensooons
Raises Latvia a little higher
Zemgus Girgensooons
Who's the one with a lot of money?
Zemgus Girgensooons
Who's the one which word are we shouting?
Zemgus Girgensooons
I am so clean,
I am so white,
I am so free,
I am so young
I enter a club and drop some cash
Just like Zemgus Girgensooons
Sit on a sofa, my foot on the table,
I don't care if anyone is in front me
Go through the club and have a shot
You saw me, i am in front of you baby
You like my songs, you want to be near me
You come at me but i deke right by you
I see the coolest chick in the club and say
I'm your destiny, Yo
But she says i'm not as famous
Just as Zemgus Girgensooons
Zemgus Girgensooons
Zemgus Girgensooons
Zemgus Girgensooons
Zemgus Girgensooons
Am i calm?
Am i precise?
(Yeah, yeah)
Shooting right in the aim,
Money in the pocket
Chicks, BMW, money and everything
Always i'm ready just like it was a derby
Nation is crazy and that is my background
I am like Girgensoons
Don't judge me cause i don't care
Belive me, bro
Nobody belives you
There is no faith in you
I am still a son,
I am the style
I am free,
Eggs are in the house and your legs are quivering
Girls are dreaming while cooking eggs in the oven
You're making me laugh when you say that your fierce opponent
You can't beat me while i'm alive
Girls dance, million in the bank,
Soon they will play my music everywhere
I'm not a copy but i have one clone
No other than...
Zemgus Girgensooons
Zemgus Girgensooons
Zemgus Girgensooons

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
We'll, let's be clear about one thing - Latvians don't have rap. :D And that kid is terrible, he can barely speak properly. The lyrics are pretty vile.
How old are you? 70?

It's a comedy rap song. Admittedly, the lyrics aren't very good, but that guy deking the girl in the club actually made me chuckle. :laugh:

GX

Dec 28, 2011
How old are you? 70?

It's a comedy rap song. Admittedly, the lyrics aren't very good, but that guy deking the girl in the club actually made me chuckle. :laugh:
This was the very first time I've heard of him. Didn't realise it was a comedy rap song. ;)

ADoubleD

Jul 19, 2009
Buffalo, NY
Thats like saying there is not enough talent in the NHL. Why don't we wait until the allstar teams are announced and see who was left off then decide whether your statement makes sense. Jan 10. is the announcement. Every year worthy players get left off.

To take it a step further why not have every player on the NHL allstar game voted for by the fan?

Personally I think Two HHOF(negotiable) players should be the coaches in which this decided with votes by the fans. Then on TSN the two coaches have a player draft and why each player is selected to their team. Then like baseball, home ice advantage should be decided by the winner. That way it is meaningful retired hockey players are involved, the way the team is built would be important. I think people would tune in to watch the draft on TSN and the fans get to be involved in deciding the coaches for each team. IMO, this would be much more exciting.

I like the idea of famous retired superstars as coaches or at least picking the teams, it's what the NFL does with the Pro Bowl. Although having players pick their own teams is cool. I think the last thing the NHL should do is put something as important as home ice advantage during the Cup Final on the line in a meaningless game. I think the fact that baseball does it is one of the dumbest things in sports. Not to mention that it wouldn't even make sense in the NHL because theh don't play conference vs. conference anymore.

StlSwedes

Dec 3, 2009
That song is hilarious. Stuff like this is a reason I love the internet. So great. Girgensooons!

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Love the part around 1:50 when the one guy says Zemgus then points to the sky, looks up, and does a fist pump during the pause before saying Girgensons :laugh: New goal celebration for Z?

SabreOil

Jul 23, 2013
Yahoo's guess at the lyrics actually sound like a decent rap. Wish they were the real lyrics. :laugh:

That said, here’s our best guess at lyrics:

“Votes on votes for the all-star game/

Got more votes than Patrick Kane/

In his Mercedes, he be rollin’/

Gets his ice time from [expletive] Ted Nolan/

When he was a baby he’d never get a spank/

Said they need McDavid but the [expletive] won’t tank/

You need points? He’ll score you tons/

His name is Zemgus Girgensons/

(whisper) Zemgus/

Girgensons!â€

Again, this is just our best guess…

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Sabres' Girgensons looks forward to All-Star weekend

Obviously, this All-Star Game is going to serve as a bit of an introduction to those fans who are not too familiar with you. Is there anything you would like them to know about you?
"Probably that I am from Riga, Latvia. Anything else they want to know about me they can probably find out online. There's nothing too special about me, that is for sure."

I know you are proud of being from Latvia. What is the relationship like between yourself and other players over here and the fans back home?
"They take pride in hockey. Latvian fans are absolutely crazy about it. First thing they always look forward to is the World Championship every year. Whenever there is an NHL player from Latvia, they admire the guy that has taken that route and they support him."

So international hockey is a big deal for you?
"Definitely. I have been part of the national team every single time since I have been 15 years old and it's always an honor to put on that jersey. It's an honor to represent your country and that flag."

I would assume the Olympics has to have been the cream of the crop so far?
"The Olympics were just a different experience, just a different level than the World Championships. An amazing experience, absolutely amazing."

What do you remember about it?
"I remember the Canada game; that was a fun game. Definitely just making the quarterfinals after the Switzerland game, that was awesome. Just the [Olympic] Village, seeing other athletes, being around that area was pretty fantastic."

Was there anybody you wanted to meet that you did or regret that you didn't meet among the athletes at the Olympics?
"Not really. I talked to a couple of people in the cafeteria, but nobody that well-known. I wish I could have met some big guy back in Europe, but I don't follow those sports that much, so I don't know about it either."

Did anybody famous come looking for you in the Village?
"I don't think so. It was just a few Latvians. Our teams and a few speed skaters and we pretty much stuck together."

In that Olympic tournament, Sandis Ozolinsh was the Latvian captain and he seemed so revered by the other Latvian players. What's he like?
"He's a leader. He's a great player. He's a great teammate off the ice. He looks pretty mean on the ice, but he is a funny guy off the ice. It's amazing that I could play on that team with him because I grew up watching him. Just to get to play those couple of games with him was a big honor."

Had you played with him on a team before when you were younger?
"No, first time."

He has to be an intimidating guy to meet?
"Yeah, definitely. If I was a little bit younger, I don't know that I would have said that much to him. It was fun to talk to him though."

What has it been like for you to live through this whole "Vote for Zemgus" viral moment thing that landed you as one of the first six All-Stars, along with five Chicago Blackhawks?
"I've just been going with it. I haven't paid too much attention to it. I check my Twitter every day and somebody is saying something good or bad. I just kind of take it day by day and not really look too much into it. "

Are you going to have family come into town for the game?
"Yeah, they were coming into town anyway. Just my mom and dad. I will have my girlfriend and her family as well."

What are you looking most forward to about All-Star Weekend?
"I haven't thought that much about it. I guess just meeting the other big-time players because there are some personalities in there."

Which skill competition do you think you will be the best at?
"I don't know. Being a young guy, they will probably throw me in the skating competition. That's probably what I am best at, so I don't mind that."

What do you do to relax and get away from hockey?
"You know, probably just go on the couch, play some Xbox, watch some TV. I think most hockey players just do that because you get time off but it is not too much. When you get it, you want to rest as much as you can."

Favorite TV show?
"'Criminal Minds.'"

Why?
"I don't know, it just attracts me. Every episode isn't tied together, so you can watch it whenever you want to."

So when you are all done playing hockey, you will probably become a profiler?
"I don't know about that, but probably can get some skill out of the show if it is all true."

What about Xbox? What do you play?
"FIFA."

What team?
"I got Barcelona."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad