Zemgus leading NHL All-Star fan vote!! (ZEMGUS RAP VIDEO Post #118)

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
This is terrible. Please cancel the ASG.Or switch it back to East vs West and give home ice in the cup finals to the winning conference a la MLB.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Fleury is playoff mode already? :laugh:

Tavares almost pulled a Girgensons, but then recovered and still scored.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
Zemgus is playing like he feels, "i don't belong here."

I wish he'd just skate around and fave fun and not worry about it.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
This is terrible. Please cancel the ASG.Or switch it back to East vs West and give home ice in the cup finals to the winning conference a la MLB.

Determining who gets the advantage based on this game is B.S.. It will never be played like a real game. It's much easier to play a real baseball game under these circumstances.

Zemgus is playing like he feels, "i don't belong here."

I wish he'd just skate around and fave fun and not worry about it.

Aside from being one of the lesser-skilled guys in the game it seems pretty clear he isn't in the right mindset for it.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006

No. Just...no. That was simply horrible for baseball to do to a freaking exhibition game. Add in all the injured guys pulling out, and the fact that bottom-dweller teams will have all stars who won't give two ****s over who has home ice in the finals since it's not going to be them...

It's an All-Star Game. It's always been like this, and it always will be like this. If people don't like it fine, but let those who do enjoy it have their game that hurts absolutely no one.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
No. Just...no. That was simply horrible for baseball to do to a freaking exhibition game. Add in all the injured guys pulling out, and the fact that bottom-dweller teams will have all stars who won't give two ****s over who has home ice in the finals since it's not going to be them...

It's an All-Star Game. It's always been like this, and it always will be like this. If people don't like it fine, but let those who do enjoy it have their game that hurts absolutely no one.

Actually no it hasn't always been "like this". Recently it has been an absolute joke. But there have been many ASG that the players actually showed some effort, especially the NA vs the World ones.

Paxon

Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

Right. It's good for the league. I usually don't watch it but I'd never want to get rid of it. Teams need a few days off at the halfway point. It brings money into the league. The players mostly enjoy the experience.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Actually no it hasn't always been "like this". Recently it has been an absolute joke. But there have been many ASG that the players actually showed some effort, especially the NA vs the World ones.

No, it was pretty much like this. It's the goggles of nostalgia that has you confused.

They tried just about as much as they are now. Nobody hit anyone, nobody played defense, they all basically treated it as a vacation.

Paxon

Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
saxophone rock stance is no where near as impressive as guitar rock stance
the-pimp-saxophone-o.gif

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Kessel too. Looks like they changed the scoring on one of the goals and he lost his assist.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad