Zemgus leading NHL All-Star fan vote!! (ZEMGUS RAP VIDEO Post #118)

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
For sabres fans I think it is great from a personal point of view and for a fan of the NHL I think it is a disgrace and will lead to changes.

Bps21*

Yeah can't have fans voting for who plays in a meaningless game. The nhl should be thrilled a country cared enough about this silly throwaway game to vote.

Every other player voted in being from the same team is more ridiculous.

HP00

Oct 27, 2007
Buffalo, NY
If there was a way for there to be an all star game with the players not being terrified of injury (Not that I blame them) then perhaps the selection process would matter. But it doesn't.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Yeah can't have fans voting for who plays in a meaningless game. The nhl should be thrilled a country cared enough about this silly throwaway game to vote.

Every other player voted in being from the same team is more ridiculous.

did what I say hurt your feelings? I am sure the people who get to enjoy the event feel it is not meaningless to them. I also heard TPegs is trying to get the All Star game to Buffalo. Bad business practice?

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
I think girgensons is the kind of player the fan vote was made for: wouldn't get in on his own, but huge fan favorite. If the fan vote only ever gets in guys who'd get in anyways, why do it?

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
I think girgensons is the kind of player the fan vote was made for: wouldn't get in on his own, but huge fan favorite. If the fan vote only ever gets in guys who'd get in anyways, why do it?

Thats like saying there is not enough talent in the NHL. Why don't we wait until the allstar teams are announced and see who was left off then decide whether your statement makes sense. Jan 10. is the announcement. Every year worthy players get left off.

To take it a step further why not have every player on the NHL allstar game voted for by the fan?

Personally I think Two HHOF(negotiable) players should be the coaches in which this decided with votes by the fans. Then on TSN the two coaches have a player draft and why each player is selected to their team. Then like baseball, home ice advantage should be decided by the winner. That way it is meaningful retired hockey players are involved, the way the team is built would be important. I think people would tune in to watch the draft on TSN and the fans get to be involved in deciding the coaches for each team. IMO, this would be much more exciting.

Last edited:

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Thats like saying there is not enough talent in the NHL. Why don't we wait until the allstar teams are announced and see who was left off then decide whether your statement makes sense. Jan 10. is the announcement. Every year worthy players get left off.

To take it a step further why not have every player on the NHL allstar game voted for by the fan?

Personally I think Two HHOF(negotiable) players should be the coaches in which this decided with votes by the fans. Then on TSN the two coaches have a player draft and why each player is selected to their team. Then like baseball, home ice advantage should be decided by the winner. That way it is meaningful retired hockey players are involved, the way the team is built would be important. I think people would tune in to watch the draft on TSN and the fans get to be involved in deciding the coaches for each team. IMO, this would be much more exciting.
Sounds boring, I don't want to watch players that are of not my own team. Only reason I am going to watch this All-Star game now is because of Girgensons and I'm sure many people have the same attitude as me and thats all that matters to the NHL because TV ratings = more income. You act like this is a prestigious event? It's a joke and should be for fun which is how the players play it, for fun. Nothing more. You act as this is an olympic medal run and everything in the NHL should be serious business. You should try and take some time out of your life to have fun to be able to understand the All Star game and not have to feel pressure to do good because your some coaches top pick. You should feel good playing the All-Star game because you know the fans want to see you there.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
For sabres fans I think it is great from a personal point of view and for a fan of the NHL I think it is a disgrace and will lead to changes.

The term 'disgrace' is way too strong for this. I don't see why it should lead to changes when Rory-god-damned-Fitzpatrick almost made it in by vote and no changes were made.

What's the point of fan voting if not to determine the 6 players fans most want to see? What does it even matter? So Zemgus knocks one borderline All-Star off the bottom of the list, big deal.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011

What does my statement have to do with the cumulative amount of talent in the NHL? I'm not following your interpretation.

SabreOil

Jul 23, 2013
Can anyone translate the rap? Or at least describe what the hell they are saying besides Zemgus Girgensons 50 times. Just curious is all.

GX

Dec 28, 2011
Can anyone translate the rap? Or at least describe what the hell they are saying besides Zemgus Girgensons 50 times. Just curious is all.

We'll, let's be clear about one thing - Latvians don't have rap. :D And that kid is terrible, he can barely speak properly. The lyrics are pretty vile.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad