Post-Game Talk (GBU): Zemgus defeats the tank

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Reinhart is going to be sent back. 6 minutes of ice time? I would've liked to see him with Moulson and Stafford for a little as he would be able to pass them the puck when they get to open areas as opposed to their current center who skates around the offensive zone back and forth refusing to pass the puck before he turns it over.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Why is Benoit and Weber getting more ice time than Ristolainen?

Because sheltering Risto early on isn't a terrible idea? I think he'll be getting top-4 minutes sooner rather than later if he plays consistently well. We all must remember the kid is only 19, and still has plenty of growing to do as a player.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
Benwaaah has been really bad. I mean, REALLLY bad.

Nice effort from Gionta, Girgs, Myers, McCormick, Mitchell. A few nice plays from Stewart.

I'd like to see Zads play a few games.

U: Sekera slamming himself into the end boards. That looked pretty bad.
Brind'Amour

Dilemma: do I really want to pay good money to go see these guys play the Ducks and Kings? yeah, probably

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Arguments about ES ice time aside, I see no compelling reason why Ristolainen should not be consistently on the first PP unit, nor why he shouldn't be getting some solid PK time. Benoit is getting solid PK time. I mean, come on.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
G: Enroth
Tyler Gorges
Foligno
Zemgus
Risto
Gionta
Mitchell

B: the other 3 defenseman
Strachan learning how to skate
Mitchell taking that hooking penalty
Reinhart down to the fourth line and then benched
McCormick

U: that 3rd period
Rask missing the puck on the shootout
Brindamour
****ing Benoit.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Benwaaah has been really bad. I mean, REALLLY bad.

Nice effort from Gionta, Girgs, Myers, McCormick, Mitchell. A few nice plays from Stewart.

I'd like to see Zads play a few games.

U: Sekera slamming himself into the end boards. That looked pretty bad.
Brind'Amour

Dilemma: do I really want to pay good money to go see these guys play the Ducks and Kings? yeah, probably

I would almost say spend more money to see the Ducks play the Kings :laugh:

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Arguments about ES ice time aside, I see no compelling reason why Ristolainen should not be consistently on the first PP unit, nor why he shouldn't be getting some solid PK time. Benoit is getting solid PK time. I mean, come on.

Risto, who is going to be something here, should absolutely get good, consistent special teams play on either end. He'll need to get used to it. And on the PP he can be scary good.

Bosswally

Aug 2, 2011
Chattanooga, TN
ya if there going to give Reinhart 4th line minutes just send him back to juniors and bring Grigorenko up, also why the hell has Zadorov not had a chance, I want to send him back too but I wanted him to get some NHL game before that

SamuraiArt

Balso Par Big John S
Sep 17, 2013
Buffalo
Good:
Foligno - I'm truly shocked he had an above average game. Here's hoping it wasn't a one-time deal
Gionta - Noticed him much more than the past few games... Shooting, creating (good) turnovers, he looked more like a captain tonight
Gorges/Myers - this combination is starting to gel, speaking of...
Mitchell/Girgs/Gionta - not a bad looking third line tonight, just wish we had some more talented players for Zemgus 'Tiananmen' Girgensons
Benoit (at one point) - Reluctantly, I'll admit, he had a nice shot block (in the third?) when Enroth was sprawled on the ice
Overtime - way to mitigate a win with a point for Carolina. Smart thinking by the tank commanders

Bad:
MES - the only time they didn't look invisible was when Ennis was trying to do it all himself
Benoit (the rest of the night) - another penalty filled game for BWBalls. I'm sorry, it isn't working out. It's not us, it's you...
Reinhart - you've gotta put players like him in a position to succeed - why repeat the same 4th line mistakes we made with Grigorenko? I was really hoping he'd get a call up for the shootout.
(Edit: You don't have to be pro-tank to wince at Sekera's injury. Fingers crossed it's a short one)

Ugly:
Brind D'Amour - I don't care how long it's been, I'll always hate him more than Hull and his No Goal
3rd Period - 2 shots on goal? I'm gonna start turning the games off after two because I can see a pattern forming here...

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Good:
Foligno - I'm truly shocked he had an above average game. Here's hoping it wasn't a one-time deal
Gionta - Noticed him much more than the past few games... Shooting, creating (good) turnovers, he looked more like a captain tonight
Gorges/Myers - this combination is starting to gel, speaking of...
Mitchell/Girgs/Gionta - not a bad looking third line tonight, just wish we had some more talented players for Zemgus 'Tiananmen' Girgensons
Benoit (at one point) - Reluctantly, I'll admit, he had a nice shot block (in the third?) when Enroth was sprawled on the ice
Overtime - way to mitigate a win with a point for Carolina. Smart thinking by the tank commanders

Bad:
MES - the only time they didn't look invisible was when Ennis was trying to do it all himself
Benoit (the rest of the night) - another penalty filled game for BWBalls. I'm sorry, it isn't working out. It's not us, it's you...
Reinhart - you've gotta put players like him in a position to succeed - why repeat the same 4th line mistakes we made with Grigorenko? I was really hoping he'd get a call up for the shootout.
(Edit: You don't have to be pro-tank to wince at Sekera's injury. Fingers crossed it's a short one)

Ugly:
Brind D'Amour - I don't care how long it's been, I'll always hate him more than Hull and his No Goal
3rd Period - 2 shots on goal? I'm gonna start turning the games off after two because I can see a pattern forming here...
no ****ing way, Hull is the worst.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
G:
Girgensons
Gionta
Foligno - how he should play every night. Aggressive on the forecheck, more shots.
Risto
Myers-Gorges Pair. Let's keep this.
Loser point for Carolina to minimize effects on the tank
McCormick

B:
Benoit
Penalties
Third period

U:
Benoit
Rej's injury. Hope he's alright.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Annoyed. Blowing a two goal lead is bothersome.

Can we get Ristolainen more ice time?

Good for Nolan for dominating coaching. Mitchell had a good game, yes, but to be put out in 4 on 4 OT? Pathetic.

ZeroPT*

Myers and Gorges are great together. MES is a terrible line. Hodgson centering the 2 big men is perfect, so you can't really switch that up.

Moulson-Ennis-Gionta
Foligno-CoHo-Stewart
Mitchell-Girgs-Stafford
Flynn-McCormick-Des
Waiver fodder

Gorges-Myers
Weber-Risto
Benoit-Mez/Strachan

I know ben and Mez have been awful but Weber has been good to start the year with Risto. Taking Benoit out for the next game and sliding in Zads wouldn't be something I'm opposed to.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Myers and Gorges are great together. MES is a terrible line. Hodgson centering the 2 big men is perfect, so you can't really switch that up.

Moulson-Ennis-Gionta
Foligno-CoHo-Stewart
Mitchell-Girgs-Stafford
Flynn-McCormick-Des
Waiver fodder

Gorges-Myers
Weber-Risto
Benoit-Mez/Strachan

I know ben and Mez have been awful but Weber has been good to start the year with Risto. Taking Benoit out for the next game and sliding in Zads wouldn't be something I'm opposed to.

i'd like to see...

Moulson-Girgensons-Stafford
Foligno-Hodgson-Stewart
Ennis-Reinhart-Gionta

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
i'd like to see...

Moulson-Girgensons-Stafford
Foligno-Hodgson-Stewart
Ennis-Reinhart-Gionta

First two lines, yes. The last line, no. I don't see that combination generating much in the way of offense.

Saying that, I agree with a few other folk. Give Reinhart some skill on his line, or just send him back down. Last night was a pretty pointless game for him. Also, play Zad or send him off as well. He's not getting much experience watching the games.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Let's demote our most talented forward to third line wing. Never change Jame. Keep grinding that axe.

Reinhart may have the most talent, but he's not ready yet.

Needs to be sent down. Talent alone isn't going to cut it. He needs more experience and seasoning.

Edit: Nevermind, misinterpreted. You think Ennis is our most talented forward? He may be our best forward at the moment, but I don't think he has the most pure talent.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Reinhart may have the most talent, but he's not ready yet.

Needs to be sent down. Talent alone isn't going to cut it. He needs more experience and seasoning.

I meant Ennis. But yeah, I agree with you.. Jame used last night's GDT as a diatribe against Ennis and has continued it in this thread.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
U: In the first intermission I switched to watch NY - NY. I saw the Rangers on a PP where they kept the puck in the offensive zone for almost two minutes straight, with hard crisp passes, taking shots, winning it back, changing places. No goal that time, but a very good PP. Then I switched back and saw ours...

:cry:

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Let's demote our most talented forward to third line wing. Never change Jame. Keep grinding that axe.

most talented forward :laugh:

defined as: skates really awesome, has cool dekes.... :laugh:

Last night was a shining example of how limited his game is. Right now, Ennis' main contribution is making Moulson and Stafford irrelevant.

You can call it ax grinding all you want.... that's what they called out when I identified all the flaws in Derek Roy's game early on. NOTE : Ennis is not even as good as Roy....

But, for someone who saw Ennis as a "Marty St Louis with more talent", you shouldn't be talking of axes.

I don't like Tyler Ennis as a hockey player... because he's not good at the things that win hockey games (unless they go to shootouts).

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00