Post-Game Talk (GBU): Zemgus defeats the tank

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I meant Ennis. But yeah, I agree with you.. Jame used last night's GDT as a diatribe against Ennis and has continued it in this thread.

oh boo hoo, the fan boys feelings got hurt.

Ennis was atrocious last night.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Im actually a fan of Ennis this season.... playing him at center on the top line is an excellent tank move

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Can we all agree that in a perfect world Tyler Ennis and Cody Hodgson both should not be on this team in 2-3 years and move on? Ennis is always going to tunnel vision offensively and Hodgson apparently doesn't know how to skate and track the puck at the same time.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
oh boo hoo, the fan boys feelings got hurt.

Ennis was atrocious last night.

Im actually a fan of Ennis this season.... playing him at center on the top line is an excellent tank move

Honestly, I think you and others should keep pointing out the Ennis mistakes and faults. The good things Ennis does are blatantly obvious and usually commented on by most including Stokes.

Just like the bad things Hodgson does are commented on but never any good things. The difference is, I've seen you slam every player when they make mistakes. It's not selective and willfully blind when it comes to certain players.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Ennis is not even close to the top offensive player. On pure talent stewart is far superior. Moulson and Stafford are at least as talented. Hodgson is as talented as Ennis. Girgensons is more talented. Stokes every once in a while we all need to back up and think if everyone disagrees with me, maybe its me.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Honestly, I think you and others should keep pointing out the Ennis mistakes and faults. The good things Ennis does are blatantly obvious and usually commented on by most including Stokes.

Just like the bad things Hodgson does are commented on but never any good things. The difference is, I've seen you slam every player when they make mistakes. It's not selective and willfully blind when it comes to certain players.

thank you

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
They need to sit Ennis down and slap the **** out of him. Then tell him he does have wingers and he needs to pass to them.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Good

- Ennis won his last draw so wasn't a total bust in the dot.
- Foligno's sudden puck patience (and resulting goals;-)).
- Hodgson's two dimensional play, nice to see that digging again.
- Mitchel-Girgensens-Gionta as a checking line, hhmmmm....
- Girgensens back on track after a lack luster 3rd game.
- Gionta actually looking like he cares!

Bad

- Moulson's continued floating while his linemates do the heavy lifting.
- Stafford's seeming disappearance act?

- Stewart's play resulting in Carolina's 1st goal. Ugh.
- Benoit not benched when Reinhart could have easily taken his spot on the backend, lol

Ugly

- 3rd period collapsing penalties.
- 1st line combining for only 3 faceoff wins????
- Bothering to dress Reinhart, wasting another of his 9 games.

Hideous

- Now that Sabres seem to have the makings of a 2nd & 3rd line, it'll all be busted up to fix the 1st. Sigh.

I would attribute both of those players struggles to their center.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC

That's such a load of crap and just points to how ridiculous this board has become. Every player has the ability to win battles and turn up the tempo themselves. They're not on the puck because they're not working to get the puck.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
That's such a load of crap and just points to how ridiculous this board has become. Every player has the ability to win battles and turn up the tempo themselves. They're not on the puck because they're not working to get the puck.

you should rewatch last nights game, and try to identify the times that that statement is true.

i dare you

Joshjull was spot on. Ennis play sucked the life out of nearly every shift they had. His play is negatively impacting Moulson/Stafford.

Those 2 rarely have the opportunity to do what you are suggesting they aren't doing.

Your Ennis blinders are an extinction level event

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

They're not on the puck because Ennis holds it WAY too long right now. It throws his wingers rhythm off and leads to players getting caught out of position or standing still or both. Because they don't know when, or if, they are getting the puck or how to read off their center.

I'm not an Ennis basher and was very much looking forward to him picking up from last year. He has been incredibly disappointing to this point. We both know he can be much better and thats what leads to the disappointment. He needs to be much better and smarter if his line is going to get out of its current funk. I fully expect him to snap out of it but its maddening while we wait for it to happen.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
you should rewatch last nights game, and try to identify the times that that statement is true.

i dare you

Joshjull was spot on. Ennis play sucked the life out of nearly every shift they had. His play is negatively impacting Moulson/Stafford.

Those 2 rarely have the opportunity to do what you are suggesting they aren't doing.

Your Ennis blinders are an extinction level event

Do you double-dog dare me?

Ennis didn't have his best game last night, but he's been one of, if not the most effective players through the first four games. The vitriol is over the top, cartoonish and comical. Am I doing it right, JJ?

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Do you double-dog dare me?

Ennis didn't have his best game last night, but he's been one of, if not the most effective players through the first four games. The vitriol is over the top, cartoonish and comical. Am I doing it right, JJ?

How to Not be Taken Seriously, by Stokes

and yes, I double dog dare you to prove something you said... if you're right, you also get to make me look foolish.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I regret not watching the game, as it was a national broadcast.

I'll ask if this is a fair assessment to those who did watch:

BUF gave up a 2-goal 3rd-period lead, before winning an 8-round marathon shootout, against one of the teams who will challenge them most strongly for last place this season. Their opponent was missing it's top defenseman for ~2.5 periods, and missing it's top 3 forwards (or 3 of top 4, depending how you rank Semin).
...And there are some who still think BUF will not be lottery team????????

Reading the GBU: Any chance Reinhart was ill?

Also, posted picture images blocked by work proxy, so I can't see. On the 1st page of the GBU, did someone photoshop a picture of Zemgus replacing the defiant briefcase-holding Chinese student at Tiannemen Square?

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010

Jame has his agendas, just like everyone else.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future

They could make their presence a little more well known in puck battles. Stafford, especially, has had pretty bad board play.

I agree, though. Ennis just isn't making smart moves. If his wingers aren't immediately open, he refuses to try and put the puck into open ice or the corner and let them fight for it. Instead he carries the puck longer than he should and turns it over. Kid can score, but playmaker he is not.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Howdy! Canes fan coming in peace. I was at the trainwreck/game last night. Good luck this season. Both of our teams look to be completely terrible and I can certainly understand the happiness after a win. Hopefully we'll get our first soon! That shootout seemed at times like no one wanted to score, but I think the ice must have been bad.

I wanted to say that Marcus Foligno is huge. He had a solid north/south game and can snipe it - as evidenced by that sick goal on Ward early in the 3rd. I noticed Risto a couple times out there too. I tried to look for Reinhart but he barely played.

And not to dig at you guys, but why did you give up Gerbe? I absolutely love his style of play and think he's our best forward right now. That probably speaks to how terrible of a team we have, but he's all hustle. He forechecks hard on the PK (I always notice him) and he backchecks well too.

Cheers, and please let us have McDavid.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
#1. You were the one who started the whole Ennis vs Hodgson thing. IIRC it was because you wanted to keep Kassian. How silly is that? You started it and when people don't see things the way you do, you cry about it.

#2. Anytime Ennis is brought up negatively it's instantly turned into Ennis vs Hodgson by you. Guess what? They've both been ****** through 4 games. You seem to attribute Ennis skating around fast as being "effective". He's the least effective player on the team. You seem to ignore that he's often skating around fast on a back check because he gave the puck away in the first place. He gives the puck away because he holds on to it way too long. So not only is he ineffective offensively he's ineffective defensively as a result.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
#1. You were the one who started the whole Ennis vs Hodgson thing. IIRC it was because you wanted to keep Kassian. How silly is that? You started it and when people don't see things the way you do, you cry about it.

#2. Anytime Ennis is brought up negatively it's instantly turned into Ennis vs Hodgson by you. Guess what? They've both been ****** through 4 games. You seem to attribute Ennis skating around fast as being "effective". He's the least effective player on the team. You seem to ignore that he's often skating around fast on a back check because he gave the puck away in the first place. He gives the puck away because he holds on to it way too long. So not only is he ineffective offensively he's ineffective defensively as a result.

Pretty sure I never mentioned Hodgson once in this thread. Thanks.

omglolnub

Jun 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Dilemma: do I really want to pay good money to go see these guys play the Ducks and Kings? yeah, probably

I'll be at the Kings game. Section 212. Dunno why my friends wanted that section, especially for paying $20 more than the 300 level tickets. We'll be watching 2 periods of Quick/Jones being bored all period :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00