Zelda: Breath Of The Wild Part II - Oops, I Got Sidetracked Again.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
The map tracking that came with the expansion is really great. It's awesome being able to see the areas of the map I never went to. I completely just avoided the upper left corner of the map, Hebra. The map also has a slider that lets you play back the exact route you've been taking all over the map which is pretty cool too.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
of course their cave of ordeals is harder than anything else. lol got smoked by a boboklin sniping fire arrows

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
It took me two tries to get through both the easy and then medium trials. I've gone through the hard one to I think about 2/3 through it before I died in a stupid manner. Gonna try it again soon.

Tips: look for EVERYTHING in each room. Break every box for supplies. Use your runes. And for the love of god, remember to get the fairy at the "break".

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
and there's going to be a golden Lynel at the end of the hard one, isn't there? I just know it :laugh:

:laugh: there is. like i am seriously wondering if i want to do this. I HATE Lynels LOL
i am also thinking if i want to take a 30 minute Attack buff. just before i go in. lmao

I guess i was surprised that there were black lizafos in the beginning trials. seriously. game.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
LOL i was really stringy with my arrows and food. What GOT me (thank God for fairies) was the

[spoil] - the stupid Hinox in the dark one. I was standing by this thing and all of a sudden EVERYTHING exploded and i got wiped out, but i had a fairy. the same thing happened last night with the in the dark guardian. just standing there and then BOOM exploded. that's so not fair[/spoil]

though i am on the final trials now. i have to say. this is fun. the ones in the dark - not so much.

Last edited:

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
yep, still haven't gotten there

died on the [spoil]Igneo Talus[/spoil] and haven''t had the courage to re-try.

I got through that one super easy. same with the [spoil] Frost Talus [/spoil]

the last 1/3 of the challenge is

[spoil] Guardians. Guardians every where. And Lynels. and the room i died in had 6 deactivated guardians, and then i sniped 3 of them, the 3 activated and then it's BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM dead [/spoil]

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Havent done the trials yet. I am not really interested in that part.

Hero's path is cool and I love all the new side quests to find gear. Been looking for all the new masks and outfits. Having a blast doing so too. Not easy to find those EX chests either. Just a cryptic message of where its at. The rest is up to you. Have found about 7 korok seeds just looking around for these chests. So much fun.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Just beat the Final Trials. holy poop.
thank god for Ancient Arrows is all i have to say.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
just have to do trial of the sword for my 3rd file, and we're good to go.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
playing any zelda after playing breath of the wild is so weird.
it's like WHY AREN'T YOU JUMPING?!
Where's the paraglider?!
why can't you open the chest backwards?!
WHY WON'T YOU DO COOL STUFF EPONA?! lol

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Having two small kids and lots of other things going on, I might only get a couple hours free time in a week to play games these days. So I've been playing this through at a leisurely pace since release. So far I've only cleared two Divine Beasts and done around 50 shrines.

So as far as I can tell, still more than half the game to go. But I've played enough to decide that this is one of the best video games I've ever played. I'm continually amazed at how huge the world is, and how there is stuff to discover EVERYWHERE. just exploring and taking in the incredible views is all I want to do most of the time. I feel no urgency to rush to the finish of this game,

It just has that feel of a perfectly designed game. Like Super Metroid or Super Mario 3.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
Is that including beating the main story?

yeah, I beat the main story in late April.

I did enjoy playing around Hyrule quite a bit, I did the DLC, got everything there. Right now when I feel like playing I'm just wandering around with the Korok mask to areas I haven't really explored.

I don't really want to play Master Mode quite yet. I have a feeling that'll be for in a year or two when I have some downtime and get the urge.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
yeah, I beat the main story in late April.

I did enjoy playing around Hyrule quite a bit, I did the DLC, got everything there. Right now when I feel like playing I'm just wandering around with the Korok mask to areas I haven't really explored.

I don't really want to play Master Mode quite yet. I have a feeling that'll be for in a year or two when I have some downtime and get the urge.

Interesting. I thought general concenus was 100-150 hours for everything except expansion.

Never even heard of a Master Mode.. lol!

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
finally got all 120 shrines on my main game - had to look up the last three or four because I basically gave up. Would have never figured out a couple of these. Missing one person to talk to in one house would have driven me nuts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad