kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Kings/Byfield/Clarke fans rn

tenor.gif

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
What's up with the two of them anyways? Byfield still injured and how'd Clarke get left off the WJC team?

Byfield's back from his injury, but just got placed in COVID protocol today. As far as we know, he's vaccinated and should hopefully be back by the time the break is over.

Clarke's absence is inexcusable, in my opinion. Nothing else to say about it. He's done absolutely everything right. He was second in defensemen scoring at the U18s last year, was named captain in Barrie, and is second in defensemen scoring in the OHL this year. Crazy.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
He's been on fire since they moved him to center and don't have 4th liners with him. You should watch the games not just the stat line.

I have watched him in some games and he just doesn't look all that impressive most of the time but he is still young.

But maybe the 4 of 5 games I watched were off games for him who knows.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Byfield's back from his injury, but just got placed in COVID protocol today. As far as we know, he's vaccinated and should hopefully be back by the time the break is over.
4 games and 0 Points in AHL. I know.. coming back from injury etc. But you'd love to see a guy as talented as this come out of the gate firing on all cylinders.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Clarke's absence is inexcusable, in my opinion. Nothing else to say about it. He's done absolutely everything right. He was second in defensemen scoring at the U18s last year, was named captain in Barrie, and is second in defensemen scoring in the OHL this year. Crazy.

There has to be something behind the scenes that went on. Only explanation is he said/did something that pissed someone off. It would be one thing to get cut if he was getting burnt defensively in camp, but not bringing a top 10 pick with his pedigree to camp must mean something weird happened

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Tough poll.

I'd rank the forwards:
Zegras
Stutzle
Raymond

And the D:
Seider
Drysdale
Sanderson

I'll take the ducks duo.

Reactions: bsu

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Tough poll.

I'd rank the forwards:
Zegras
Stutzle
Raymond

Raymond has the highest ppg as a 19 year old out of the bunch on Detroit, seems pretty unfair.

I'm actually a bit surprised with Stutzle this season, thought he'd take off.

Last edited:

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Raymond has the highest ppg as a 19 year old out of the bunch on Detroit, seems pretty unfair.

I'm actually a bit surprised with Stutzle this season, thought he'd take off.
Stutzle will take off, he's had some pretty poor puck luck, especially to start the season. He's been much better than his point totals suggest. He's got 7 points in his last 8 games, looking extremely dangerous as a center.

I think Raymond has been benefiting from the opposite - playing wth much better linemates and has had pretty good puck luck.

I think Stutzle will close the gap between the two as the season continues, and plays the more important position.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Stutzle will take off, he's had some pretty poor puck luck, especially to start the season. He's been much better than his point totals suggest. He's got 7 points in his last 8 games, looking extremely dangerous as a center.

I think Raymond has been benefiting from the opposite - playing wth much better linemates and has had pretty good puck luck.

I think Stutzle will close the gap between the two as the season continues, and plays the more important position.
I agree with you.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Tough poll.

I'd rank the forwards:
Zegras
Stutzle
Raymond

And the D:
Seider
Drysdale
Sanderson

I'll take the ducks duo.
When all the dust settles I feel the same way. Once Z and Stutzle get comparable linemates I think they will be better players than Raymond (Raymond is amazing this is not a put down, check my posts and see how damn bad I wanted him pre-draft). People think if someone rates someone lower than another we are disrespecting them or something.... no that's not the case. I think Z, Stu and Raymond will all be pretty close in value... playing center puts it over the top for me.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden

Does Stutzle actually play center though? He hasn't taken many faceoffs.
The position argument is fair.. IF Zegras/Stützle actually pan out as high-end centers. What's funny is currently Raymond might be the best defensive player of the 3.

It would also be truly interesting to see where people would have ranked Larkin after last season. His resurgance would by most Red Wings fans be in large part attributed to the emergence of Raymond as our first elite forward talent in a couple of decades.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
The position argument is fair.. IF Zegras/Stützle actually pan out as high-end centers. What's funny is currently Raymond might be the best defensive player of the 3.

It would also be truly interesting to see where people would have ranked Larkin after last season. His resurgance would by most Red Wings fans be in large part attributed to the emergence of Raymond as our first elite forward talent in a couple of decades.
Yes he's been playing center for the past month or so.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Voted for the Ducks duo, but I can see a case for all three here.

I’m a big believer in Sanderson. He’s going to be outstanding imo. Reminds me a lot of Heiskanen. He doesn’t quite have Miro’s top-end speed, but there’s a lot of similarities there.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
What was bad about it? Stutzle isn't scoring points like Zegras or Raymond. And Sanderson isn't in the NHL, like Seider and Drysdale. Ottawa is no doubt 3rd in this poll, unless you're completely bias.

Because the poll clearly states someone could be picking for the future?

Just because the Sens group isn’t performing at the same level right now doesn’t mean they won’t be in the future.

Therefore saying one group, “doesn’t belong in the poll” when their upside is in the same ballpark as the rest is a bad post.

Zegras has kinda been saddled with AHL fodder and turning them into 60 point players, until Rakell returned

Zegras was paired with AHL foddlers Milano who he re-created and Nicolas Deslauriers for a portion (who is probably our worst offensive player)

168 minutes with Rakell and Milano
86 minutes with Henrique and Rakell
58 minutes with Milano and Deslauriers (4 games based on Zegras TOI)

Line Combinations - Frozen Tools

Yes he plays Center.

Surprisingly he plays much better defensively at C than he does at LW. His first few games at C DJ had Nick Paul take many draws and then switch. Stutzle has taken on that responsibility since Formenton was moved up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xspyrit

bsu

Sep 27, 2017

Just because the Sens group isn’t performing at the same level right now doesn’t mean they won’t be in the future.

Therefore saying one group, “doesn’t belong in the poll” when their upside is in the same ballpark as the rest is a bad post.

86 minutes with Henrique and Milano

Yes he plays Center.

Surprisingly he plays much better defensively at C than he does at LW. His first few games at C DJ had Nick Paul take many draws and then switch. Stutzle has taken on that responsibility since Formenton was moved up.
You realize Milano was a borderline NHL player before being put with Zegras this season right? Not sure the point you are trying to make but good job.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
You realize Milano was a borderline NHL player before being put with Zegras this season right? Not sure the point you are trying to make.

I’m just posting stats. Those stats show that Zegras has far more ice time with Rakell, Milano and Henrique (in order) than Deslauriers. His most frequent linemate has been Rakell.

If you dislike that the stats suggest your post was misleading, make sure you post accurate info next time.

It is impressive that he seems to have been able to draw production from Milano though.

Reactions: Xspyrit

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I’m just posting stats. Those stats show that Zegras has far more ice time with Rakell, Milano and Henrique (in order) than Deslauriers. His most frequent linemate has been Rakell.

If you dislike that the stats suggest your post was misleading, make sure you post accurate info next time.

It is impressive that he seems to have been able to draw production from Milano though.
He played with Des when he got ran and missed a couple games. When he returned they put Des with him and it was his worst streak partly from the injury and partly because he was playing with a 4th liner. Milano has been a mainstay the entire season and before he was put with Zegras most people didn't care at all about him.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
He played with Des when he got ran and missed a couple games. When he returned they put Des with him and it was his worst streak partly from the injury and partly because he was playing with a 4th liner. Milano has been a mainstay the entire season and before he was put with Zegras most people didn't care at all about him.

Makes sense. It’s the only possible reason I could imagine playing Deslauriers with Zegras.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

86 minutes with Henrique and Milano

Yes he plays Center.

Milano was on his last chance, playing in ahl until zegras found him

henrique was waived last year…. And cleared

Reactions: bsu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad