Zegras/Drysdale vs Raymond/Seider vs Stützle/Sanderson

Zegras/Drysdale vs Raymond/Seider vs Stützle/Sanderson

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evergreen

The Detroit duo is objectively the best imo, but personally I love Zegras so I’d go with the Ducks duo.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
this was my first thought as well but took the ducks duo, although Detroit will be close and Ottawa still has potential.

I thought Stützle would be having a mini breakout season but it's just not there.
He's been on fire since they moved him to center and don't have 4th liners with him. You should watch the games not just the stat line.

Reactions: K1900L

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
All similar. Det/Anaheims duos are a step ahead of Ottawas in terms of develepment and are performing better right now so i think the current vote has to go to one of them by default, but this has no bearing on who ultimately ends up better. Theyre all in their rookie seasons or just about, development is nonlinear, no clue where this ends up.

Ryan Paleing

Aug 9, 2019
As a duo, it's Detroit. Haven't seen enough from the defenseman of the other two, that's all. Zegras and Stutzle are both impressive but that's how I see it.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I have Ottawas group on bottom (I don't think their prospects are as good as either of Det/Ana prospects), Det/Ana are tied right now.

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
Toss-up between DET and ANA. Pretty evenly matched for me. But I went with the Ducks duo since I think they have the best overall player of the group in Zegras. I think there are a handful of teams that could be in running for #3

Reactions: bsu

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Thanks for your well thought out response. Packed with information to educate me otherwise. Meanwhile, *Checks votes*.
It's a dumb comment I can't help if you lack basic hockey intelligence and have to call it like I see it. Pretty obvious that they belong. Or they wouldn't have any votes at all. If Sanderson wanted to be in the league he could. You'll see how good he is at the WJC.
What was bad about it? Stutzle isn't scoring points like Zegras or Raymond. And Sanderson isn't in the NHL, like Seider and Drysdale. Ottawa is no doubt 3rd in this poll, unless you're completely bias.
He said Ottawa doesn't belong. Stutzle had way better year than either of Zegras or Raymond last year. He has been saddled with 3rd and 4th line talent all year. He has been a ppg since he was moved to center and doesn't get to ride shot gun with Larkin and Bertuzzi. More valuable position than Raymond and is two years younger than Zegras.

Everyone knows if Sanderson wanted to play in the NHL he could.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
It's a dumb comment I can't help if you lack basic hockey intelligence and have to call it like I see it. Pretty obvious that they belong. Or they wouldn't have any votes at all. If Sanderson wanted to be in the league he could. You'll see how good he is at the WJC.

We really gonna sit here and pretend like 80% of their votes aren’t from Ottawa fans? :laugh:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
We really gonna sit here and pretend like 80% of their votes aren’t from Ottawa fans? :laugh:
You really going to sit here and pretend one player not playing in the league right now isn't affecting this? You said they don't belong. It made you feel better about yourself. But it's 100 percent wrong they do belong when projecting out the duos all 3 groups have the potential of being the best. If you think otherwise you probably need a new hobby.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

He said Ottawa doesn't belong. Stutzle had way better year than either of Zegras or Raymond last year. He has been saddled with 3rd and 4th line talent all year. He has been a ppg since he was moved to center and doesn't get to ride shot gun with Larkin and Bertuzzi. More valuable position than Raymond and is two years younger than Zegras.

Everyone knows if Sanderson wanted to play in the NHL he could.
Zegras has kinda been saddled with AHL fodder and turning them into 60 point players, until Rakell returned

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Zegras has kinda been saddled with AHL fodder and turning them into 60 point players, until Rakell returned
Zegras is a true star, no debate on how good he is and how amazing he is going to be. I was only refuting the point that the sens due 'doesn't belong'. All three duos have the chance to be the best and should be the envy of every team in the league.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Using the "he's got bad teammates" argument falls kinda flat in this poll since all 3 teams are bad-to-mediocre which is why they've been able to draft these awesome talents.
Raymond probably has the best current linemates, but at the same time - look at Larkin's production last year. What's different this year?

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
You really going to sit here and pretend one player not playing in the league right now isn't affecting this? You said they don't belong. It made you feel better about yourself. But it's 100 percent wrong they do belong when projecting out the duos all 3 groups have the potential of being the best. If you think otherwise you probably need a new hobby.

One player not playing and the other being badly outplayed by Raymond and Zegras, ya.

Judging by the poll results, just about everybody outside Ottawa would agree. But keep telling me how I’m the delusional one. :thumbu:

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Using the "he's got bad teammates" argument falls kinda flat in this poll since all 3 teams are bad-to-mediocre which is why they've been able to draft these awesome talents.
Raymond probably has the best current linemates, but at the same time - look at Larkin's production last year. What's different this year?
Zegras was paired with AHL foddlers Milano who he re-created and Nicolas Deslauriers for a portion (who is probably our worst offensive player)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad