Zegras/Drysdale vs Raymond/Seider vs Stützle/Sanderson

Zegras/Drysdale vs Raymond/Seider vs Stützle/Sanderson

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
He's not. He's got you dead to rights on the quotes and context... and I voted for the Detroit duo.
"He had a hot 20 games to start but hasn't been that great since" is so far removed from anything I've ever said about Sanderson. Also a major difference quoting things from 2+ years ago when Sanderson hadn't played a single NHL game, or quoting posts from a few months ago where people were acting as if Raymond doesn't deserve to be in the same league as Stützle.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
"He had a hot 20 games to start but hasn't been that great since" is so far removed from anything I've ever said about Sanderson. Also a major difference quoting things from 2+ years ago when Sanderson hadn't played a single NHL game, or quoting posts from a few months ago where people were acting as if Raymond doesn't deserve to be in the same league as Stützle.
You quoted 'last 44 games' for Stutzle v Raymond to make a point. He did the same for Sanderson v Seider. Fair is fair

Reactions: NyQuil and Bileur

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I take Mo's last 44 games 10 times out of 10 over Sanderson. Sanderson wouldn't survive what Seider is being asked to do.

Nobody is saying Sanderson is better or that you shouldn’t take Seider 10/10 times. The point is that the gap has closed some between those two just as Raymond has closed on Stutzle.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Nobody is saying Sanderson is better or that you shouldn’t take Seider 10/10 times. The point is that the gap has closed some between those two just as Raymond has closed on Stutzle.
Sanderson has never had a season where he was better than Seider, Raymond this season outperformed Stutzle by a pretty decent margin. Way more goals, way better primary production and hes doing so playing something like 3 and a half minutes less a game and a minute or so less on the PP.

The gap sizes arent comparable

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Sanderson has never had a season where he was better than Seider, Raymond this season outperformed Stutzle by a pretty decent margin. Way more goals, way better primary production and hes doing so playing something like 3 and a half minutes less a game and a minute or so less on the PP.

The gap sizes arent comparable
I didn’t say the gap sizes were the same. Just that they both were closer. No one is saying equal but if it’s FairPlay to throw out the last 40-50 games of Raymond v Stutzle to compare then it’s fair the do the same for Sanderson v Seider. I voted Detroit and still feel they are the better duo but the point made still stands

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Raymond this season outperformed Stutzle by a pretty decent margin. Way more goals, way better primary production and hes doing so playing something like 3 and a half minutes less a game and a minute or so less on the PP.

Really?

At even strength:

2023-2024 Lucas Raymond - 82GP 56EVP 0.68 EVPPG
2023-2024 Tim Stutzle - 75GP 50EVP 0.69 EVPPG

Raymond had a career year and Stutzle had a down year and they produced around the same both at even-strength and overall.

Meanwhile, Sanderson has narrowed the supposed massive gap as well.

Interesting season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bileur

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Really?

At even strength:

2023-2024 Lucas Raymond - 82GP 56EVP 0.68 EVPPG
2023-2024 Tim Stutzle - 75GP 50EVP 0.69 EVPPG
It's interesting that Raymond's EVP was so close considering how that was supposed to be one of the major knocks against him.

That said the poster you quoted didn't even mention even strength production.

Primary points :

Raymond - 55
Stützle - 37

That's a pretty massive difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad