• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Who’s Ottawa’s third, though?

Zegras/Drysdale/MacTavish vs. Seider/Raymond/Edvinsson is one hell of a tough choice. Both teams have hit their top picks out of the park the last few years.
Anaheim got some nice guys coming that were later picks too like perreault/pastujov/zelleweger/Tracey/thrun/dostal

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Anaheim got some nice guys coming that were later picks too like perreault/pastujov/zelleweger/Tracey/thrun/dostal

Same. I think ANA/DET/LAK are the top in the league for pools.

Obviously ANA and DET are gonna fall off a bit due to major graduations. But Detroit’s still looking at a pool of Edvinsson/Cossa/Berggren/Johansson/Wallinder.

For Detroit, it’s really still a need for another Top 6 center, ideally one that’s better than Larkin to push him to 2C.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
One player not playing and the other being badly outplayed by Raymond and Zegras, ya.

Judging by the poll results, just about everybody outside Ottawa would agree. But keep telling me how I’m the delusional one. :thumbu:
One player isnt in the league so that means he wont be good?... If you actually think that Raymond and Zegras are 'badly outplaying Stutzle' or think that he doesnt have a chance to being a better player at the end of the day thats all we need to know about your hockey acumen.

Using the "he's got bad teammates" argument falls kinda flat in this poll since all 3 teams are bad-to-mediocre which is why they've been able to draft these awesome talents.
Raymond probably has the best current linemates, but at the same time - look at Larkin's production last year. What's different this year?
I mean when you are cherry picking for your own team this argument makes alot of sense. In reality its as transparent as glass. Raymond is playing with two stars the other guys arent. Stutzle is playing with two third liners and still producing playing center. He is a noticeable play driver something that Raymond is not. Cherry picking one weird covid year for Larkin... . I mean people arent dumb. Everyone knows he is really good.

Whats with redwings fans? Why cant you enjoy your own stars without putting down everyone else's ? Common theme with all of guys.

Last edited:

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
One player isnt in the league so that means he wont be good?... If you actually think that Raymond and Zegras are 'badly outplaying Stutzle' or think that he doesnt have a chance to being a better player at the end of the day thats all we need to know about your hockey acumen.

I mean when you are cherry picking for your own team this argument makes alot of sense. In reality its as transparent as glass. Raymond is playing with two stars the other guys arent. Stutzle is playing with two third liners and still producing playing center. He is a noticeable play driver something that Raymond is not. Cherry picking one weird covid year for Larkin... . I mean people arent dumb. Everyone knows he is really good.

Whats with redwings fans? Why cant you enjoy your own stars without putting down everyone else's ? Common theme with all of guys.

You seem to have a tough time grasping the concept that nothing they’re doing right now has given them reason to be in this poll.

I literally acknowledged in the first post I made that they have incredible potential. It doesn’t change the fact that currently, one isn’t playing at the level Raymond and Zegras are, and the other isn’t even playing. They don’t belong here. Get over it.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I dont believe in Sandersons offensive game enough to not have Ottawa third.

Hard to pick between Raymond or Zegras right now but I think theres a gap between Seider over Drysdale so Detroit is the answer.

If I had to rank them all for impact theyll have going forward

Seider
Raymond/Zegras/Stutzle (coin flip really and could see them all outdo the other ones in any given season)
Drysdale
Sanderson

Sanderson has the potential to change that order, but all of these guys have stepped into the NHL and made a really big impact instantly, that isnt the norm for prospects. Theres also something to be said about the culture in Ottawa but it hasnt hadan effect on Batherson o Chabot so Stutzle and Sanderson may be unaffected

• Haha
Reactions: Erik Alfredsson

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton

Since you’re so quick to put down anyones hockey acumen because their opinion is different than yours, how about you quantify that Stuetzel isn’t being outplayed by Raymond or Zegras.

FYI, I like the Sens and am a fan of Tim. I said quantify too; not go watch him play.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Since you’re so quick to put down anyones hockey acumen because their opinion is different than yours, how about you quantify that Stuetzel isn’t being outplayed by Raymond or Zegras.

FYI, I like the Sens and am a fan of Tim. I said quantify too; not go watch him play.
Lets get a few things straight here. This argument started because said poster said the sens 'didnt belong in the poll' the poll can be of the opinion that you choose the victor based on final product and current play. It was established early that because Sanderson isnt in the league this could impact the results which is fair. Ignoring that Sanderson could be playing in the league, according to team USA's John Vanbiesbrouck he could play for the Senators right now. My argument is that the sens do belong in the poll as their players project to be elite much like the players on Detroit and Anaheim.

Now lets also clarify the wording the same poster used 'Badly outplayed'. That is simply is not the case. Secondly are we only using this years 28 game sample size and throwing last year out the window? Are we throwing out the concept of the entire poll which was stated earlier in this post? Projecting the final product?

Stuetzle played wing with Connor Brown and Nick Paul until around 8 games ago. Was still noticable but snake bitten but still you could see the talent that he just did not have adequate line mates. Since then he was moved to center and since getting somewhat of an adequate offensive winger in Formenton he has scored at just under a PPG pace (7 points in 8 games). Playing the more valuable position and being the far better player than Raymond the previous year. So no I dont believe he is being 'badly outplayed' and he does belong. Raymond is having a tremendous season and is a tremendous player, he has fit in like a glove with two very good players. I am simply saying they all belong and are tremendous young players. The below poster does not agree.
You seem to have a tough time grasping the concept that nothing they’re doing right now has given them reason to be in this poll.
I literally acknowledged in the first post I made that they have incredible potential. It doesn’t change the fact that currently, one isn’t playing at the level Raymond and Zegras are, and the other isn’t even playing. They don’t belong here. Get over it.

The bolded is simply false that was not the question by the OP and frankly that's your inaccurate poor opinion.

If you asked me how I rank the players.

F
Zegras
Stuetzle
Raymond

D
Seider
Sanderson/Drysdale Big fan of both players I think the jury is out on who is going to be better.

Reactions: NyQuil

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
The bolded is simply false that was not the question by the OP and frankly that's your inaccurate poor opinion.

If you asked me how I rank the players.

F
Zegras
Stuetzle
Raymond

D
Seider
Sanderson/Drysdale Big fan of both players I think the jury is out on who is going to be better.

It’s weird how you think that you can declare somebody else’s opinion as false based on the fact that it doesn’t jive with your opinion.

Both are opinions…. But the fact that very few outside Ottawa fans are voting for Ottawa goes a lot farther to support mine than yours.

If you wanna say something new, let me know, because I’ve essentially responded to the same post 5 times now.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It’s weird how you think that you can declare somebody else’s opinion as false based on the fact that it doesn’t jive with your opinion.

Both are opinions…. But the fact that very few outside Ottawa fans are voting for Ottawa goes a lot farther to support mine than yours.

If you wanna say something new, let me know, because I’ve essentially responded to the same post 5 times now.
THEY ARENT THE SAME THING. You said they do not belong. Its wrong focus on what you said, quote the entire post I break the entire argument down.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
THEY ARENT THE SAME THING. You said they do not belong. Its wrong focus on what you said, quote the entire post I break the entire argument down.

When you can address the fact that they’re getting obliterated in neutral fan votes, let me know.

Until then, it continues to support my point that they don’t belong in the poll.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
When you can address the fact that they’re getting obliterated in neutral fan votes, let me know.

Until then, it continues to support my point that they don’t belong in the poll.
Your basis for the argument is so bad. Just because they arent the first choice doesnt mean they dont belong. Did you read the OP?

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Almost every single vote for the Sens is a Sens fan lol

Reactions: RedWingzz

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Your basis for the argument is so bad. Just because they arent the first choice doesnt mean they dont belong. Did you read the OP?

OK bud, my argument is bad, you don’t agree, we’re not going to get on the same page here, so let’s move along.

Make sure you check the results on your way out.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Almost every single vote for the Sens is a Sens fan lol

I mean, to be fair, this poll doesn't mean much when one player hasn't even hit the NHL yet. It would have been more appropriate to make in 2 years.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I mean, to be fair, this poll doesn't mean much when one player hasn't even hit the NHL yet. It would have been more appropriate to make in 2 years.

This is essentially the same thing I said but I bet somebody doesn’t freak out over this one lol.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Who did you vote for?
Who I thought was the best pairing. I have Det/Ana dead locked but I always take the center. This post should be a Ana vs Det poll to be honest.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
To be honest, you should remove yourself from voting if you are just going to vote for your own guys.
Yes I completely agree, we should remove voting for your own guys so the Sens would have damn near 0 votes and the poll would be closed.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
This is essentially the same thing I said but I bet somebody doesn’t freak out over this one lol.

And in a few months, Sanderson will be in the NHL.

And you freaked out over that response for some reason.

It's pretty laughable that anyone in this poll is trying to be conclusive this early into their respective careers.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Yes I completely agree, we should remove voting for your own guys so the Sens would have damn near 0 votes and the poll would be closed.

I think you made that point a couple posts ago, no?

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
And in a few months, Sanderson will be in the NHL.

And you freaked out over that response for some reason.

It's pretty laughable that anyone in this poll is trying to be conclusive this early into their respective careers.

Trying to find where I freaked out over any of it.

If laughing qualifies at freaking out, I suppose. But I never contested that Sanderson will be in the league soon.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Ottawa will automatically lose this poll because their representative young forward and defenseman are both clearly behind the others at this point in time.

But is the question who's better now or who would you rather have going forward?

If it's who's better now then your point is definitely valid.

But if it's asking people to project in a few years, then less so.

Preposterone

Dec 6, 2013
What’s really interesting with Raymond and Zegras is that they’re both pacing above 70pts with completely sustainable sh% metrics. Both of their OIsh%s are maybe just a tad bit high relative to the talent they play with, but zegras individual sh% is actually a little depressed relative to what to expect long term

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad