Zadorov: Should he stay or should he go?

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
But I absolutely love this kid. He's my favorite defensive prospect hands down. Zadarov has a huge heart and he wears it on his sleeve. His brief stint here was definitely a positive experience and he's a better player for it.

No qualms tucking this ace back up our sleeve until we really need him.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Send him back please!! The London Knights need him and he is a huge part of our team!! It's best if he plays top minutes because the same thing happened with Olli Maatta and look where he is now.... He's a huge part of our team and he will definitely play at least 25 minutes a game, and maybe 30 points or more. Also playing with another Buffalo prospect in Brady Austin would be great for you guys. Its like having the twin towers out there!! Send him back to the Hunters, they know how to develop defensemen right, and trust me, they will have him ready for the NHL next year for you Sabre fans!!

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
Send him back please!! The London Knights need him and he is a huge part of our team!! It's best if he plays top minutes because the same thing happened with Olli Maatta and look where he is now.... He's a huge part of our team and he will definitely play at least 25 minutes a game, and maybe 30 points or more. Also playing with another Buffalo prospect in Brady Austin would be great for you guys. Its like having the twin towers out there!! Send him back to the Hunters, they know how to develop defensemen right, and trust me, they will have him ready for the NHL next year for you Sabre fans!!

If Regier doesn't send him down I'm going to riot.

LGBuffalo

Jan 9, 2011
E PA
If Regier doesn't send him down I'm going to riot.

It's interesting because at the start of his stint, I really wanted him to stay in Buffalo. Now, after seeing what this team has as of now, it really does seem to be in his best interest to play in London for the year. It's pretty obvious he's one of the most talented prospects the team has, but there's absolutely no reason for him to be in Buffalo during this un-necessary season.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It's interesting because at the start of his stint, I really wanted him to stay in Buffalo. Now, after seeing what this team has as of now, it really does seem to be in his best interest to play in London for the year. It's pretty obvious he's one of the most talented prospects the team has, but there's absolutely no reason for him to be in Buffalo during this un-necessary season.

That reads a lot like views on Grigorenko last year... or even this year. Trust that the front office is making the right choices now is in short supply. If NZ has a great road trip, maybe we're back to them keeping him around. That said, with the ****-show this is right now, getting him back into high-minute, high-responsibility reps on the Knights would be what I would prefer.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Send him back now? What on Earth is Regier doing??? Burying him in the stands when he could be leading a memorial cup guaranteed London Knights team

Is he going back,

Eram

Jul 21, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Send him back now? What on Earth is Regier doing??? Burying him in the stands when he could be leading a memorial cup guaranteed London Knights team

Is he going back,

I'm sure he'll go back. Right now I have no problem keeping him around & scratched for a few more games. I'm sure getting a nice NHL paycheck will be more motivation than anything to keep working.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
“For us young guys, I think it’s good to be watching games upstairs, but we want to play,” Zadorov said. “For sure it’s hard for me. It’s OK for me to just keep practicing, keep working hard and keep my head up. For sure it’s hard to do because I want to play hockey.

“I want to play every game here. I want to help these guys.”

Zadorov has one goal and a minus-3 rating in his six outings. He can play three more times before the Sabres need to decide whether to return him to juniors with London of the Ontario Hockey League or start the clock on his three-year, entry-level contract.

Zadorov said no one has told him what the Sabres plan to do.

“I don’t worry about it,” he said. “I think I can stay here and play all season here. I think I’m ready for NHL.”
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/s...rigorenko-getting-antsy-in-press-box-20131107

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I want to keep him but I know the smart choice is send him back asap so i voted that way...my entertainment as we lose 9/10 games is not worth ruining this kids future. We can call up McNabb or Bagnall to keep me entertained until next year lol

UltimateHKY

I think that he would be better off back in Junior. He has not been getting the ice time he needs to develop properly in Buffalo. London is hosting the Memorial Cup this year so there is a ton of potential if he get's sent down, he will also play top d minutes. This guy is going to be a huge part of the Sabres future, don't ruin him.

OcAirlines

Jul 18, 2009
I would send him down but I think that both options are fine. Having him play big minutes in all situations in juniors and getting plenty of chances to refine his offensive game should be great for his development, although he would probably get a lot of ice time with the Sabres as well and could do just as much to work on his game up here. The reason I would want to send him down though is to get him away from the losing culture that is prevalent around here at the moment, I don't think he is nearly as fragile as someone like Grigorenko, but having three of our top prospects get their confidence shattered night in and night out should be enough for now...

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
They are clearly dragging this out now with the way they're utilizing him. It wouldn't surprise me if he's back down by Thanksgiving.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I think he will go back. They will have to make roster space soon with Weber coming off IR.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Does the firing of Regier mean Zadorov is coming back? Or does he still get buried until you guys hire a GM?

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Patrick King ‏@SNPatrickKing 9h
Spoke with London assistant GM Rob Simpson this afternoon. Still no word yet on whether Nikita Zadorov will return from Buffalo.

Sean McG

Dec 27, 2009
Niagara on the Lake, ON
It was nice to get him some experience in the NHL, but I say let him play two more games with Nolan as coach, if they think they can work with him then keep him up, but he has a very good opportunity in London this year, so the most logical thing to do is send him down, at least IMO.

I think he'd be good enough to play in the NHL this year, but there's still some little things he can improve on that would make him a much better player with a legit shot at making the team next season. Giving him an NHL stint probably gave him some confidence as he did not look that out of place, but he and the coaching staff probably realized the things he can work on in junior playing for a very good Knights team, guaranteed a Memorial Cup spot, and he's also probably guaranteed a spot on Russia's blueline at the World Juniors (something I'd imagine the Sabres would send him down for regardless). In the draft he was viewed as a project, and he's been surprisingly solid, but there's no need to rush him at all.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
keep the kid in Buffalo. He gets much more experience with the Big Club as opposed to Jr's., there is absolutely zero reason to send him back. His game doesn't have enough glaring holes to justify going back to London.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
what do people think now after those comments made by Nolan? I still think he comes back!!

jjyay

Apr 11, 2011
keep the kid in Buffalo. He gets much more experience with the Big Club as opposed to Jr's., there is absolutely zero reason to send him back. His game doesn't have enough glaring holes to justify going back to London.

What about the opportunity to actually play? He's been scratched in 4 of the last 5 games (counting tonight), what gives?

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
I was on board to keep him until Nolan came.

Send him back.

Why is that? Not trying to be argumentative, just interested in how Nolan impacts your decision.

For me I want him playing. If he has a spot here, I don't mind if they keep him. I just don't want him in and out of the lineup. He can learn a lot from Nolan and I think his game is a good fit.

I don't think another year in Juniors hurts him and the Memorial Cup should be a great experience.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad