Confirmed with Link: Zadina and Seider officially loaned to European Teams

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Lol.

He baits the defender to think he's sending it up the boards then no looks it across ice to the stick of his breaking forward.

Sure, just held it too long and sends it up ice though.
Breaking? The left winger was basically camped out there the whole play.... it's the defender that pulled back.

Not really what I would call a "no look" pass either. Seriously, is that all it takes to impress you?

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Breaking? The left winger was basically camped out there the whole play.... it's the defender that pulled back.

Not really what I would call a "no look" pass either. Seriously, is that all it takes to impress you?
I guess I just don't play hockey :dunno:

Have fun on your hill.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Barkov! He’s a UFA after next season.

Zadina-Barkov-Raymond
Bertuzzi-Larkin-Mantha
Fabbri-Veleno-Berggren
Grewe-Rasmussen-Smith

Has Zadina become underhyped?
You guys are absolutely amazing, lol.

We should sign Matej Stransky then, 14G 7A on the same team. 1.5 PPG superstar! Remember he's playing in the Czech league, not SHL.

I think I need a break from this board. Yes, ALL of our prospects are ALL going to be ELITE superstars, lol.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY

We should sign Matej Stransky then, 14G 7A on the same team. 1.5 PPG superstar! Remember he's playing in the Czech league, not SHL.

I think I need a break from this board. Yes, ALL of our prospects are ALL going to be ELITE superstars, lol.
When did I say Zadina’s going to be an elite superstar?

:laugh:

Yeah, take a break for a bit.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

I mean, Zadina was hailed as the third best player in his draft like a year ago with some people tossing in votes for him going second. I don't disagree that we have a too rosy outlook for most players... but I mean, Zadina should have a gigantic hype train to him.

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI

Ya I think you need a break. Or go follow a different team.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario

please

Ricelund

Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
I mean, Zadina was hailed as the third best player in his draft like a year ago with some people tossing in votes for him going second. I don't disagree that we have a too rosy outlook for most players... but I mean, Zadina should have a gigantic hype train to him.
Yes, my point was I think Seider and Raymond are overshadowing Zadina a bit lately but we have a lot to be excited about with Zadina.

Reactions: Ezekial

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
Yes, my point was I think Seider and Raymond are overshadowing Zadina a bit lately but we have a lot to be excited about with Zadina.
They are not overshadowing him bit lately, they are just new toys. After 2 years when Raymond will make NHL, will he be overshadowed by new prospects? That does not make sense.

Ricelund

Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
They are not overshadowing him bit lately, they are just new toys. After 2 years when Raymond will make NHL, will he be overshadowed by new prospects? That does not make sense.
:huh:

I think we’re saying the same thing here...

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
I think what Gniwider is saying is more to temper expectations a bit than to automatically assume Seider will be a top pairing stud. The slapshot or lack there of is just his main example (if your a lady my apologies) as to why his point of contention that we shouldn't just assume that he is a homerun of a sure thing.

I could be getting this incorrectly, but that is the gist of what he is saying. I very well could be wrong. But that is to me at least why he is saying to slow down a bit on expectations. While Seider is doing excellent so far at the levels he has played at to this point he I believe is more or less saying "Don't count your chickens before they hatch".

I haven’t seen anyone count their unhatched chickens. People are talking about his potential ceiling. Grinder specifically said, that ceiling includes a skill he doesn’t have. To which I contend that you don’t need an elite slap shot to be an elite dman.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
What exactly is that pass supposed to prove? Holds the puck, looks forever, and basically just sends it up ice.

Watch any highlight and you can tell where he's going with the puck before he sends the pass. Not a big deal if he's sending the puck up the ice, but could be a problem if he's sending it across the ice. We've seen LGD, Helm, and AA break on passes like that. NHL players are faster than SHL.
It seems like you're complaining that he's passing to guys that are open instead of trying risky, dangerous passes? Or something. He doesn't telegraph passes, he rarely/ever gets a pass intercepted or broken up.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
It seems like you're complaining that he's passing to guys that are open instead of trying risky, dangerous passes? Or something. He doesn't telegraph passes, he rarely/ever gets a pass intercepted or broken up.
I think it's fair to say that he's been successful thus far, will have to be even better to adjust to the NHL when he makes the jump, and has a short but encouraging track record to indicate that he will do exactly that.

In other words, it's not a red flag and he can keep on keepin' on.

Reactions: Gniwder

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario

Why not just ignore the posts rather than throwing fits and acting like you have all the answers?

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I'm not complaining about the pass, just saying the video doesn't prove anything.

I'm not into risky passes, just saying that I can see where the passes are going before it leaves his stick. NHL players are faster than SHL. There will be an adjustment period. Keep in mind even Carlson and Hedman took a few years before they started raking up huge points. Carlson was second pair on their Cup run. Sergachev was second pair on their Cup run. It's not an insult to say a Dman would be second pair on a Cup team, in fact it's still a compliment.

I get it, it's HF boards. Any slight criticism and I get flamed. All I'm saying is that I would be surprised if he lit it up in his first couple of years, he will have to adjust to the NHL, just like he had to adjust to the AHL. Obviously he's well suited for European play, but that's where he did his junior hockey. (I know, Germany not Sweden)

I mean he's not Makar/Hughes. He's better defensively, his offense will take time like it did with Carlson. If we wind up with Carlson without the booming slapper but with better more physical defense, I'd be pretty happy with that.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
I'm not complaining about the pass, just saying the video doesn't prove anything.

I'm not into risky passes, just saying that I can see where the passes are going before it leaves his stick. NHL players are faster than SHL. There will be an adjustment period. Keep in mind even Carlson and Hedman took a few years before they started raking up huge points. Carlson was second pair on their Cup run. Sergachev was second pair on their Cup run. It's not an insult to say a Dman would be second pair on a Cup team, in fact it's still a compliment.

I get it, it's HF boards. Any slight criticism and I get flamed. All I'm saying is that I would be surprised if he lit it up in his first couple of years, he will have to adjust to the NHL, just like he had to adjust to the AHL. Obviously he's well suited for European play, but that's where he did his junior hockey. (I know, Germany not Sweden)

I mean he's not Makar/Hughes. He's better defensively, his offense will take time like it did with Carlson. If we wind up with Carlson without the booming slapper but with better more physical defense, I'd be pretty happy with that.

Where did this notion that he wouldn’t need an adjustment period or would walk in and score .7 points per game from the get go come from?

people were talking about his potential ceiling not his rookie impact.

maybe I missed something here but people were talking about his long term upside and you started spouting off about his slap shot not being good enough. You’ve been playing the whole “slow your roll” thing as if someone is already proclaiming him a top 20 dman in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00