Confirmed with Link: Zadina and Seider officially loaned to European Teams

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
From Zadina's official FB page:

"The deal with Detroit Red Wings is born and Filip Zadina is temporarily becoming a new member of our team. Filip himself contributed significantly to the agreement, who will contribute financially to the payment of the high insurance. ′′ It's a huge gesture that we appreciate and it shows how much it takes to play in Třinci," says sports director of the club Honza Peterek. "

Press release ➡️ https://t.co/c5sDg7Hjz0?amp=1

Rexor

Oct 24, 2006
Brno
The news on the fact Zadina is picking up his insurance might mean that is slowing the ability to also loan Veleno.

Not a Czech hockey league person, so does someone know is Veleno eating a foreign roster spot or if they even have them because that might be another part of this?

As far as I know, it's more about covering his insurance. Cap on foreing players is not an issue, there can be 6 foreign players on an Extraliga team roster but those who have been playing in Extraliga for 3 and more consecutive seasons do not count. Třinec is well below this.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
As far as I know, it's more about covering his insurance. Cap on foreing players is not an issue, there can be 6 foreign players on an Extraliga team roster but those who have been playing in Extraliga for 3 and more consecutive seasons do not count. Třinec is well below this.

Thank you for the answer, I certainly appreciate the knowledge.

I would think the insurance would be more reasonable on Veleno, he is quoted on an ELC and is projected to make less the next three years. But perhaps we can work it out. I know in Europe a lot of these teams burn that slot for the year once they play the foreign guy a certain number of games. It is going to make finding these loans a little tricky on some of these guys.

It is important that the Wings find spots for these guys. I would at least send a few of them to practice if they are up for it, even if we cannot accommodate the games element, I still don't want all of our guys sitting around for 9 months.

Reactions: ealong59

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
The news on the fact Zadina is picking up his insurance might mean that is slowing the ability to also loan Veleno.

Not a Czech hockey league person, so does someone know is Veleno eating a foreign roster spot or if they even have them because that might be another part of this?

Don't know about Czechs, but Finland hasn't had any limit for foreigners anymore. Some teams are having 10 guys currently.

Tappara has 4 Czech players (Goalie Hrachovina, D Moravcik, forward-duo Smejkal+Spacek), one Canadian (Blake Parlett), one Swedish (Eric Norin), one American (Ben Blood) and one French (Charles Bertrand). 8 in total.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Don't know about Czechs, but Finland hasn't had any limit for foreigners anymore. Some teams are having 10 guys currently.

Tappara has 4 Czech players (Goalie Hrachovina, D Moravcik, forward-duo Smejkal+Spacek), one Canadian (Blake Parlett), one Swedish (Eric Norin), one American (Ben Blood) and one French (Charles Bertrand). 8 in total.

It can be a high number, like Germany is 9 foreign guys per game and 11 total. We have discussed that.

Doesn't mean a team is going to burn one of their spots for the whole season to have our guy for a couple games. Of course we don't look closer to settling this thing down on this side of the pond in the US. So at some point maybe they are willing to take that gamble and bet on the fact they might get several months of a top flight player making it worth one of their season slots.

In some leagues this slot is reusable as well, that might help.

One thing to be careful of too, is when assigning a guy like Rasmussen or Veleno, they are taking jobs and might be a target in some of those leagues. We are still kind of a little ways off from seeing this play out, but it could go a lot of different ways in my opinion.

Reactions: Winger98

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Tappara has one injury at defence, which will carry to november. Would be very optimal to take RhD for loan until december start.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
“With Seids … really happy with the way his season went last year,” Horcoff said. “… He has to get stronger, not just lower body but upper body. So full body strength. He obviously has a big engine naturally, he played a lot of minutes down in Grand Rapids and proved that he could handle that, especially toward the end of the year. … As a young kid, (it’s important) just continuing the natural maturity process and continuing to build on those good natural tools that he already has.”

(Paywall - The Athletic)
What the Red Wings are hoping to see from their prospects on loan in Europe

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
On Facebook, seen that Kasper Kotkansalo is forgoing his senior year at BU and will play in Finland in 20-21, due to Hockey East not knowing for sure whether they will play the season or not. Apparently his parents were all worried about it, and wanted him home according to what he says in the story.

Wings prospect Kotkansalo playing in Finland this season

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
“With Seids … really happy with the way his season went last year,” Horcoff said. “… He has to get stronger, not just lower body but upper body. So full body strength. He obviously has a big engine naturally, he played a lot of minutes down in Grand Rapids and proved that he could handle that, especially toward the end of the year. … As a young kid, (it’s important) just continuing the natural maturity process and continuing to build on those good natural tools that he already has.”
This seems like a weird take from Horcoff to me. Watching Seider's season highlights, it looks to me like he already might be one of the strongest guys in the NHL. He's constantly knocking guys over.

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
This seems like a weird take from Horcoff to me. Watching Seider's season highlights, it looks to me like he already might be one of the strongest guys in the NHL. He's constantly knocking guys over.

Yeah I think Horcoff is saying his hitting right now is mostly youthful energy in combination with solid lower body strength for his age. We can disagree as fans but I would think Horcoff has access to his strength training logs so it's not like that evaluation came out of nothing.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

He understands leverage, what makes this exciting to me is he really does have a lot to work with in terms of frame and getting even stronger. Seider could be an absolute monster in a few years. He might be a 230 guy in a few years and with his timing that will be devastating when he loads up to get guys. He already jacked up some pretty big dudes in the AHL. He does that old Rob Blake move which is when he dumps in the puck he braces for contact and absolutely jelly legs guys trying to run him not used to a D-man being ready to reverse them on a dump, he does that one a lot and I love it.:laugh:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
It's so funny how I can instantly picture exactly what you're talking about.

Blake seemed to have an ass of steel. Guys always bouncing off him.

Not sure we will ever see somebody do the ass check as well as Blake. Guy is trying to slide down the wall at the blueline and all of a sudden his night is over. He was a punishing D-man with tons of skill, always liked Blake's game.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com

Honestly, it just seems like an unthinking, in-a-daze, I'll-say-what-you-expect-me-to-say answer.
Like, get pucks in deep, put pucks on net and skate hard.

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
It's so funny how I can instantly picture exactly what you're talking about.

Blake seemed to have an ass of steel. Guys always bouncing off him.

Clip should jump to one hit in particular.

Reactions: Bench

Christien

May 1, 2010
Zadina is playing today at 12 pm EST in the Generali Ceska Cup against Mountfield,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad