Player Discussion Zack Kassian

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Their best seasons were in their 30's. That was the guys point. What's your point?
Sorry, totally forgot to reply.

St. Louis is an absolutely brilliant answer! He definitely had more points in his 30's than 20's and got stronger and stronger. Thank you for that!

Wheeler had 500 points in his 20's... I don't think he'll catch that in his 30's... Needs 170 more points and he's now 35. It'll be close though and he may pull it off by 38.

If you were to rank his best seasons, 2 were in his 30's though, rest are in 20's.... however, he seems to be on decline (unlike St. Louis who was consistently better in his 30's than 20's).

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
At least he's bumping guys.

The rest of the team is too scared to go within 10 feet of another player.

IMO Kass along with Nurse should be our physical leaders on the team (Kane can be that too but he literally just got here). If Kass is just going through the motions then so will everyone else. For what he is paid, Kassian should be doing more than just going through the motions and the same with Foegele.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Kassian will wake up when the playoffs start...

Kassian will wake up when there's fans in the building...

Kassian will wake up when...

What a putrid extension. In fact it's so bad I'm bringing this back again.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Getting pretty worked up over like what a 1 million over pay?
Kassian should be making about half of his current deal, but it's not the cap hit that really bothers me, it's the fact he's here for another 2 1/2 years.

But you do bring up another point against this team. How many players on the team would you say aren't overpaid? Almost a combined 6 million for Kassian and Foegle to do nothing on the 4th line.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Kassian should be making about half of his current deal, but it's not the cap hit that really bothers me, it's the fact he's here for another 2 1/2 years.

But you do bring up another point against this team. How many players on the team would you say aren't overpaid?
Kassian @ 1.6? I wish !
Actually I disagree I would say there is only a small amount of players not living up to their contracts this season IMO. What? Turris, Kassian and Koskinen? With Keith and Barrie being debatable?

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Kassian @ 1.6? I wish !
Actually I disagree I would say there is only a small amount of players not living up to their contracts this season IMO. What? Turris, Kassian and Koskinen? With Keith and Barrie being debatable?
Keith and Barrie are also here for next season. Foegle is not currently playing like he's worth 2.75. Mike Smith isn't living up to his contract (lol another season left)..

Oh and the 4 mil in dead cap certainly isn't helping either.

But back to Kassian for a second, if his contract was ending this year then it'd be fine, but he's still here for another 2 years. We're not even halfway done this contract and it already sucks hind banana. Of course, we were warned about this from Wings fans...

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The latter. Been a while since he really rocked anyone. And if we're paying a forward 3.2 just to hit that's terrible.

This is distortion. Like many things on hf an idea occurs, people run with it in a thread and suddenly Kass is playing soft, not hitting anyone and butter soft. He's rocked several people with hits this season and is 2nd in hits behind only Nurse on the team. Given his limited minutes where one would expect him to be. This is factual account. But I'll leave the thread and people can whine for several pages on how Kass doesn't hit anybody and doesn't get within 10feet of other players.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
This is distortion. Like many things on hf an idea occurs, people run with it in a thread and suddenly Kass is playing soft, not hitting anyone and butter soft. He's rocked several people with hits this season and is 2nd in hits behind only Nurse on the team. Given his limited minutes where one would expect him to be. This is factual account. But I'll leave the thread and people can whine for several pages on how Kass doesn't hit anybody and doesn't get within 10feet of other players.
You should really check out some of your own posts in the extension thread because you weren't a big fan of it. ;)

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Kassian @ 1.6? I wish !

If you think Keith and Barrie are worth 10 million dollars in this environment and their play through half a season you obviously have difficulties translating cap hit values.

Keith has been barely worth 3 mill most nights. Barrie the same more like 2. They are our #4 and #6 defenseman respectively. You can't be paying guys that much money and have them keeping their heads barely above water like Keith or hurting the team like Barrie.

I'll start with McDavid and put it out there that even as amazing as he is... His cap hit means he needs to be damn near flawless every single game. I don't believe McDavid is worth his cap hit because he is only on the ice 1/3rd the game and can physically only do so much.

Hyman is a lil overpaid. Foegele is overpaid. Kassian absolutely. Turris. Koskinen. Nurse will obviously be overpaid. Smith due to age/injuries absolutely overpaid. And Keith/Barrie as mentioned are grossly over paid.

Most our roster is overpaid in comparison to most cup contending rosters and we are likely not even going to make the playoffs with the team/standings as it sits today. The vast majority of our wins have been ugly wins. The team is pushed beyond the Cap and still is only a bubble team at best...

If that doesn't tell you most our players are significantly overpaid I don't know what will.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
If you think Keith and Barrie are worth 10 million dollars in this environment and their play through half a season you obviously have difficulties translating cap hit values.

Keith has been barely worth 3 mill most nights. Barrie the same more like 2. They are our #4 and #6 defenseman respectively. You can't be paying guys that much money and have them keeping their heads barely above water like Keith or hurting the team like Barrie.

I'll start with McDavid and put it out there that even as amazing as he is... His cap hit means he needs to be damn near flawless every single game. I don't believe McDavid is worth his cap hit because he is only on the ice 1/3rd the game and can physically only do so much.

Hyman is a lil overpaid. Foegele is overpaid. Kassian absolutely. Turris. Koskinen. Nurse will obviously be overpaid. Smith due to age/injuries absolutely overpaid. And Keith/Barrie as mentioned are grossly over paid.

Most our roster is overpaid in comparison to most cup contending rosters and we are likely not even going to make the playoffs with the team/standings as it sits today. The vast majority of our wins have been ugly wins. The team is pushed beyond the Cap and still is only a bubble team at best...

If that doesn't tell you most our players are significantly overpaid I don't know what will.
“Hyman overpaid.” Move along.

Last edited:

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
So? His earlier season points don’t count because he’s now on the 4th line?

Give me a 3 point cushion and I’ll take that bet haha 27 points +.
Not saying they don't count. Just saying the dude has one goal since November and doesn't appear to be finding his way out of that slide anytime soon, especially as he slowly sinks in the lineup.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
He’s not just hitting… look I’m not a huge Kassian fan or anything but we still have a physical, 30 point player here. That’s just a fact.

Facts apparently don't illustrate anything in this thread. I tried multiple times.

Zach Kassian is 19th in hits /60mins among ALL NHL players that have played the same or more games he has. He was higher but after barfing his guts out last week he hasn't been hitting as much getting back to health. The same Kassian was blamed in this thread and others for disappearing and "chickening out" of playing the flames where the actual account was Kassian was in bed vomiting, "too sick to even watch the game"

I get it. Fan vitriol landed on Kassian this season. The player is actually bringing it this season.

Reactions: oilers'72

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Facts apparently don't illustrate anything in this thread. I tried multiple times.

Zach Kassian is 19th in hits /60mins among ALL NHL players that have played the same or more games he has. He was higher but after barfing his guts out last week he hasn't been hitting as much getting back to health. The same Kassian was blamed in this thread and others for disappearing and "chickening out" of playing the flames where the actual account was Kassian was in bed vomiting, "too sick to even watch the game"

I get it. Fan vitriol landed on Kassian this season. The player is actually bringing it this season.
Bringing... what, exactly? If he's sick then take yourself out of the lineup and stay out until you're healthy.

upload_2022-2-4_10-46-30.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad