News Article: Zack Kassian placed in stage 2 Part II - Mod Warning in Post#1

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Almost nothing. The rest is pure speculation.

Exactly! very possible that he was working his a.. off and when the end of TC ended,went out and celebrated, was just unfortunate to have an incident where it so publicly know. Has happened to me and probably many of you,just because this is MTL,it gets noticed.

SergioMomesso

Mar 8, 2011
So hard to get out of that lifestyle if you start young and it's around you 24/7. I have always been a Kassian fan and want him to succeed wherever he goes. This might be the best thing for him to get his life and career back on track. At 24 years old, Zack has 8-10 good years left to play pro hockey and make a good living from it. If he keeps going down his current path of self destruction? You can count on him being out of the NHL for good in the blink of an eye. And flat arse broke. I'm pulling for Zack to do whatever it takes to get clean and sober. I've seen Zack play many times over the last 3 years in Vancity. And the boy can play when he puts in an actual effort. His raw skill and size combination are hard to come by and shouldn't be wasted.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I remember how much Benning was ripped by Canucks fans when the trade happened, I feel kinda bad for the guy now. It's not like you can come out and say "wait, we had to pay the Habs to take him because he's such a problem child". You just have to swallow it and take a beating in the media from people who don't know the whole story.

There might be a lesson to be learned here too when people bash the **** out of a GM after he pulls a move that isn't so easy to understand in the first place. At the end of the line, you realize you don't know much about what actually happens behind the curtains.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
There might be a lesson to be learned here too when people bash the **** out of a GM after he pulls a move that isn't so easy to understand in the first place. At the end of the line, you realize you don't know much about what actually happens behind the curtains.

Most of the time people on fan forums are forming opinions on the little shrapnel that leaks out here and there and are pretty adamant about their positions. On the one hand, fans want to be able to process information and take a stand, on the other, not enough of it nor the most important parts at times, are provided, which leads to threads upon threads of argumentation based on tenuous reference points. At least some of the exchanges are entertaining. :popcorn:

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
So hard to get out of that lifestyle if you start young and it's around you 24/7. I have always been a Kassian fan and want him to succeed wherever he goes. This might be the best thing for him to get his life and career back on track. At 24 years old, Zack has 8-10 good years left to play pro hockey and make a good living from it. If he keeps going down his current path of self destruction? You can count on him being out of the NHL for good in the blink of an eye. And flat arse broke. I'm pulling for Zack to do whatever it takes to get clean and sober. I've seen Zack play many times over the last 3 years in Vancity. And the boy can play when he puts in an actual effort. His raw skill and size combination are hard to come by and shouldn't be wasted.

I to really like what he brings,in exchange for Prust! much more potential for the O. Have no idea to his situation,but can relate! Would be great to get him back in the right frame of mind and let him play to his potential.He has so much upside! hands,size,can skate.and will drop the gloves,just like you!

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
What a shame. Thought he could actually be something in Montreal. All those nice words in the summer about taking his career more seriously were obviously just lip service. Season hasn't even started and it looks like he's put yet another nail in his coffin. Oh well.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What it boils down to right now is Prust for a 5th and no salary coming back.

And without Prust's salary, we've managed to buy into Fleischmann and Byron.

Obviously, Bergevin didn't get the grit/size element he was after but still has time to shop into the season, should the need still be perceived as essential.

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont
i feel the same, and it pisses me off

I hated the trade when it happened and it is even more asinine now. We gave up a guy that still had a good use on the PK and was a leader on and off the ice and we gave him away for a head case that has been like this since JR in Windsor.

Last edited:

Gainesvillain

Apr 9, 2013
I think its safe to assume he's done as a Habs player and gets let go at end of contract. I did like some of things he showed so its a shame.

Wayyyyy too early to assume this.

I'll be stunned if he doesn't get at least one post-rehab stint with the team to see if he has acquired the requisite 'character'.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I think its safe to assume he's done as a Habs player and gets let go at end of contract. I did like some of things he showed so its a shame.

I don't think it's safe to assume that at all. It's way too early to assume anything, but I would be genuinely shocked if Kassian doesn't play for the Montreal Canadiens this season.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
What a dumb risk, we essentially traded Prust for a 5th.

Hope Kassian gets better, but good riddance. Good luck with your next team.

Alex514

May 10, 2015
I don't think we would have resigned Prust in any case, at least not to the money he was/is currently making. It should be noted that we saved money by swapping for Kassian's contract and in turn, used that money to ink Flash in.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I don't think we would have resigned Prust in any case, at least not to the money he was/is currently making. It should be noted that we saved money by swapping for Kassian's contract and in turn, used that money to ink Flash in.

We would have enough for Flashlight even with out Prust

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I don't think it's safe to assume that at all. It's way too early to assume anything, but I would be genuinely shocked if Kassian doesn't play for the Montreal Canadiens this season.
I won't be surprised if he never suits up with us. Far from a certainty of course but why add back a distraction like this? We have him on a short deal anyway...

V-2 Schneider

Mar 8, 2004
What a dumb risk, we essentially traded Prust for a 5th.

Hope Kassian gets better, but good riddance. Good luck with your next team.

It would have been a dumb risk if we didn't get a pick. That pick was the compensation, so it was a very shrewd trade.

Kassian is a such a huge upgrade over Prust it's not funny.It just so happens that he's got a wee personal issue which could see him out of the game forever if he doesn't clean up his act.Hence, the 5th rd pick.

TweetyLeaf

Feb 7, 2009
Finland
For what we know, people seem to take this very, very badly and make huge assumptions about what happened and jump into conclusion that Kassian has serious alcohol problem.

In truth, all we know is that Bergevin commented the incident (also admitting he doesn't have all the facts) and I think that was stupid. Only comment he should have given out is that "we handle the situation internally, not in press pages".

Other thing we know, is that there was an car accident.

Damn. Give the guy a break.

Alex514

May 10, 2015

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad