News Article: Zack Kassian placed in stage 2 of NHL's Substance Abuse & Behavioral Wellness Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
So it seems:

They hit a tree not another vehicle, which is "ouch" but overall good because nobody in another vehicle got injured.

Kassian was not driving which is good or at least better if there's alcohol involved.

For the Habs it may come down to character and whether Kassian showed poor judgement. Question: Do passengers in a crash also get tested for alcohol/drugs?

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
According to the Gazette who spoke to the witness

A 20-year old woman was driving the truck, and a 24-year-old man and 18-year-old woman were passengers in the vehicle, said Montreal police spokesperson Manuel Couture.

Man those are young girls :laugh: Reassuring that Kassian wasn't the one driving. Real question here is, why would he let 20 year old girl drive his truck. Some of my friends dont even get to drive their own parents car lol

Probably because he was intoxicated and being responsible by making sure he didn't drive. Whether the girl was too intoxicated to drive is another question entirely.

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
According to the Gazette who spoke to the witness

A 20-year old woman was driving the truck, and a 24-year-old man and 18-year-old woman were passengers in the vehicle, said Montreal police spokesperson Manuel Couture

Man those are young girls :laugh: Reassuring that Kassian wasn't the one driving. Real question here is, why would he let 20 year old girl drive his truck. Some of my friends dont even get to drive their own parents car lol

It could easily be a bait and switch. Kassian knows he's drunk and he crashed so they come up with the story where the girl was the driver or else his career would be ruined

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Good news that he wasn't driving.. but on the other hand... 2 women in the truck at this hour with the 20 year old driving Kassian's truck.. chances are it was a late night, not an early morning.

hockey_nut

Mar 19, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod 9m9 minutes ago
Habs spokesman confirms to me Kassian was in a car accident this morning. He's currently at hospital and "our team doctor is with him"

David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod 8m8 minutes ago
Canadiens also confirm to me that Kassian's injuries are "minor"

I guess that's kind of a good thing.

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
@Mike, could be. But I'd like to think that wasn't the case lol. I was thinking exactly the same as the quoted post.

Probably because he was intoxicated and being responsible by making sure he didn't drive. Whether the girl was too intoxicated to drive is another question entirely.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Hope he's alright... But what's he doing out at 6:30 AM... I doubt management is going to be happy.

He has a right to a private life. That being said, he can't let his private life interfere with his professional life.

We are 3 days before the first game, and it's the night after the end of preseason. I don't know when they have practice scheduled. But it would seem like an appropriate time to release a bit of steam.

I only hope that Kassian didn't let the young 20 year old woman drive his car if she was intoxicated.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Let's just say I have friends who have worked in night clubs who have seen just about every NHL superstar you think is wholesome and would not be questioned for character issues out at that hour. And none of them were doing anything illegal or inappropriate or immoral unless you consider being drunk and sleepy immoral. A lot of times they stay out that late to avoid the crowds.

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
It could easily be a bait and switch. Kassian knows he's drunk and he crashed so they come up with the story where the girl was the driver or else his career would be ruined

The old Chris Carter "fall guy" theory.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Completely hypothetical scenario/question : if he's drunk or high.. and the team doctor is there... can MB/MT ask the doctor about that type of information ? Or would that fall under patient-doctor confidentiality ?

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Completely hypothetical scenario/question : if he's drunk or high.. and the team doctor is there... can MB/MT ask the doctor about that type of information ? Or would that fall under patient-doctor confidentiality ?

Police would have the info. And they would automatically call Bergevin before it gets out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA