Eastside Hockey Manager - Part X Patch 1.5 Edition! (April 22nd Open Beta)

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I did that, and the option to make trades is gone, but computer teams are still trading with each other, weird.
There may be some other transfer rules and flags to pull out, closing the transfer window wouldn't be the best way that will close off signing contracts as well.

Reactions: Kranix

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
hi, I'm trying to use EHM Assistant (the latest one) but it keeps on freezing/crashing whenever I load my saved game.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Just some small teaser updates for the 93ish DB.

1715087432428.png

1715087450629.png

1715087467392.png

1715087488515.png

1715087893137.png

1715087584210.png

Some of the euro playable leagues are updated, CHL leagues fully updated (so much work put into updating staff lists, that took forever). Steady progress, should 100% have this done over the summer at least for an initial release. Most of the scraping and history work is done, the thing that takes the longest is fleshing out the depth charts and doing detail work on the NHL orgs. Euro leagues will be auto-rated for the most part using the editors built in tools relying on career history data.

Again the theme for this is similar to 2000ish, 1993-94 start year but with modern league structures/clubs. Clubs/leagues which no longer exist wiil have players/staff moved to UFA or an equivalent club within the same league. NHL/AHL/ECHL are all 28 teams each with Minnesota and Columbus being blank at the start, I may change this decision and process a fantasy expansion draft for each so its not as predicable as 2000ish was at the start for Vegas/Seattle getting most of the star players early on.

Last edited:

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Just some small teaser updates for the 93ish DB.

View attachment 866369
View attachment 866370
View attachment 866371
View attachment 866372
View attachment 866378
View attachment 866373
Some of the euro playable leagues are updated, CHL leagues fully updated (so much work put into updating staff lists, that took forever). Steady progress, should 100% have this done over the summer at least for an initial release. Most of the scraping and history work is done, the thing that takes the longest is fleshing out the depth charts and doing detail work on the NHL orgs. Euro leagues will be auto-rated for the most part using the editors built in tools relying on career history data.

Again the theme for this is similar to 2000ish, 1993-94 start year but with modern league structures/clubs. Clubs/leagues which no longer exist wiil have players/staff moved to UFA or an equivalent club within the same league. NHL/AHL/ECHL are all 28 teams each with Minnesota and Columbus being blank at the start, I may change this decision and process a fantasy expansion draft for each so its not as predicable as 2000ish was at the start for Vegas/Seattle getting most of the star players early on.

1993-1994, just in time to save the Montreal Canadiens from 30 years of darkness. :laugh:

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
hey guys I just want to know what mods you guys are subscribed to and if I'm missing some important ones.

these are the ones I'm subscribed to:

[2023-24] xECK29x's Premier Pivot Database (v8.9 - Final for 2023-24)
2023-24 NHL Players/Prospects/Draftees Facepack
2021 Updated Staff Facepack (2500+ non-players)
Logo MegaPack for TBL Rosters 14 (2021/22 season)

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
hey guys I just want to know what mods you guys are subscribed to and if I'm missing some important ones.

these are the ones I'm subscribed to:

[2023-24] xECK29x's Premier Pivot Database (v8.9 - Final for 2023-24)
2023-24 NHL Players/Prospects/Draftees Facepack
2021 Updated Staff Facepack (2500+ non-players)
Logo MegaPack for TBL Rosters 14 (2021/22 season)
I don't think there is any wrong answer here, I'd switch logo packs to the one for Pivot, that TBL one is no longer updated.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
It's been a looong time since I last played but with following OHL's London Knights a bit through their championship run recently made me start a new save again. Let's see if we can match those IRL results on EHM.

One thing I did edit is I made sure James Hagens wants to go the major junior route instead of college, London holds his rights and really wanted him in my lineup so that's a big extra benefit I'll have on the IRL Knights lol.

Most important pre-season stuff:
- lost overage D Ethan Mackinnon to the Bruins who signed him for their AHL team
- lost overage C and potential captain Max McCue to Florida
- signed overage C Sam Popowich after a great training camp, he has 4 years of WHL experience under his belt with Seattle but was released by them
- signed draftpicks Travis Vanderzwaag (G), Noah Jenken (D)
- signed free agent RW Jack Rimmer (North York, OJHL) and a bunch of other depth signings

Players who were let go from the starting roster:
- D Ethan MacKinnon and C Max McCue to the NHL
- LW Sawyer Boulton and LW Rene Van Bommel were released
- D Jared Woolley traded to Sudbury for a 4th
- C PJ Fagan traded to Flint for a 6th
- RW Chris O'Flaherty traded to Mississauga for a 5th
- RW Ruslan Gazizov traded to Barrie for a 2nd

Starting line up:
Easton Cowan - Jacob Julien - Kasper Halttunen
Denver Barkey - Sam Popowich - Sam O'Reilly
Landon Sim - James Hagens - Kaleb Lawrence
Evan Van Gorp - William Nicholl - Jack Rimmer

Sam Dickinson - Oliver Bonk
Jackson Edward - Alec Leonard
Isaiah George - Henry Brzustewicz

Michael Simpson
Owen Willmore

First month-and-a-half or so have been great with a 12-3 record so far, only trailing Kitchener who sit at 13-2. Halttunen has been unreal with 17 goals in 14 games, O'Reilly has 12 in 14. Cowan and Barkey lead the team in assists with 16.
I'm relying heavily on 3 lines right now, 4th line is a bit young and not that good so I'm looking for 1 or 2 adds before the trade deadline, asking price on most players seems to be high.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Year 3 of Anaheim's rebuild (TBL Roster) went real well lol.

Eastside Hockey Manager - 1.5.0b1669120 5_21_2024 8_28_15 PM.png

Eastside Hockey Manager - 1.5.0b1669120 5_21_2024 8_29_33 PM.png

Eastside Hockey Manager - 1.5.0b1669120 5_21_2024 8_29_56 PM.png

Minimal save scumming cause I wanted to see how Celebrini would impact Anaheim's rebuild (not much as it turns out) but the one roll I ended up getting Anaheim first overall, they also won the lottery for second overall (from 11th overall because no one bothered to change the lottery rules) and Eiserman's development spike was insane (54 points in the AHL the year prior)

So, a couple other notes. I went into the year 3 FA fully expecting to be snubbed by Draisaitl who was available for some reason, but he signed first. I figured I'd dump cap and chase a starting goalie to replace Gibson who I traded for the Eiserman first rounder but no one was biting. Decided to roll with it and see if Dostal could hold it down. Towards the end of the offseason I notice that a number of big name FAs are still unsigned because (presumably) the rest of the league burned all their cap which has stayed static at 83 million (I don't know how nor want to use EHM editor or whatever). It was so bad that Marner and Ullmark's (among others) agents asked me if I'd invite them to training camp. Ullmark was so desperate for a contract with the season starting he was willing to do 3.01x1 but for whatever reason the Ducks board rejected it as "unrealistic" even though they gave me authority to sign Ullmark for more. Marner was willing to sign for 5m for 1 year at the signing page, but he rejected the contract once training camp ended and he was back in FA asking for 11.5x7. A week or two go by and I go to see what he's asking for again and he dropped his ask to 8.6x5 which I obviously jumped at. I released Strome from his contract (since buy outs aren't required) and I was barely under the cap. What I wasn't expecting was Eiserman to just go absolutely sicko mode and blow the Calder competition right out of the water. I was just looking to guarantee myself a playoff spot to satisfy the board and not get fired after two brutal rebuild seasons.

Replaced Cronin with DJ Smith mostly because he had a better "works with young players stat"

Replicated the Drysdale for Gauthier trade almost immediately but unlike real life, I had to add the rights to an unsigned prospect and a third rounder to make Philly accept it. So far Gauthier hasn't been worth the trade as Drysdale outscored him by 9 points (though Gauthier is a third liner on this team).

I'm already seeing the cap hell from the Draisaitl and Marner pick ups. I got Carlsson, Mintyukov, McTavish, and Zellweger under some fairly reasonable deals. But Fowler wants 6.5 m for four years, Zegras wants 9.8 for 7 (f*** outta here with your 68 points), Gudas wants 3 million for four years even though he's knocking on retirement's door, Ullmark wants 10.6 million or he's walking. Probably going to have to drop Terry and Fowler to make room for the extensions and maybe Zegras. He's an RFA so I can probably wait him out, but now I have to hope Dostal's 5 stars actually works out for me.

Tristan Luneau (44pts) outscoring Zellweger (26) and Mintyukov (37) was unexpected (and he paced them in playoff points, but big ups to Mintyukov for scoring the game winner to win the cup.

Reinhart and Hanifin were early FA pick ups.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
It's been a looong time since I last played but with following OHL's London Knights a bit through their championship run recently made me start a new save again. Let's see if we can match those IRL results on EHM.

We couldn't :/

Regular season:
- Not much roster movement as we were pretty much set. I did acquire the rights to winger Michael Brandsegg-Nygård from Barrie, he's a projected first round pick and is on an expiring contract with his Swedish club, so I might have a good chance at signing him for next season.
- I traded for C Ethan Hay from Saginaw, a good defensive player and Tampa Bay draftpick, to strengthen our bottom six. He's also eligible to return next season.
- Finished the regular season with best overall record at 109 points, followed closely by Kitchener at 105. All other teams were at a large distance. The Eastern Conference was way closer with only 10 points separating #1 seed Brantford and #6 Peterborough. Oshawa (who reached the OHL finals IRL) finished last.
- Kasper Halttunen had a crazy season and put up ridiculous numbers. He played all 68 games, and had 70 goals and 62 assists to run away with the scoring title. (he didn't get called up for the World Juniors which was kinda weird)
- Denver Barkey and Easton Cowan each had 108 points and finished 2nd and 3rd in OHL scoring. Sam O'Reilly had a brilliant rookie season, scoring 38 goals and 39 assists. James Hagens had 60 pts in 66 games, I'm expecting a breakout season from him next year when he'll probably be the top line center. Sam Dickinson finished 3rd in scoring amongst defencemen with 61 pts in 60 games.

Postseason:
- First round of the playoffs saw us put up 27 goals in just 4 games as we swept Guelph.
- Second round saw us face off against Saginaw, who upset #2 Sault St Marie in round one, but with another 21 goals in 4 games we delivered another sweep. Terrible news in game 4 though as top defenceman Oliver Bonk went down injured and misses the rest of the season.
- Conference final against the 8-0 Kitchener Rangers in what really should have been the OHL final, we took the first game on home ice 3-1 in dominant fashion. Game 2 was really close and we had to come from behind twice in the third period. Czech forward Eduard Sale scored the GWG in OT to even the series. Both games in Kitchener were just a disaster for us, as we dearly missed Bonk. In game 3, we conceded 5(!) goals in the second period and eventually lost 6-4. More of the same in game 4 as Kitchener scored four 2nd period goals and won 4-2. Back home in game 5 on the brink of elimination and before we even knew what happened we were down 5-0 halfway through the second. We almost made an amazing comeback in the third, but lost the game 5-4, and the series 4-1. Hugely dissapointing.
- Kitchener went on to meet the East #2 seed Sudbury Wolves. I expected them to run all over Sudbury, however Sudbury swept them in four straight one-goal games. Forward David Goyette had 32 pts in 21 games and won playoff MVP.

Other leagues and Memorial Cup:
- the WHL actually had the exact same final four as they did IRL, as well as the same final between Moose Jaw and Portland. MJ won 4-2
- in the QMJHL, the top two teams from the regular season, Chicoutimi and Halifax, also made the playoff final. Halifax won 4-2
- Moose Jaw dominated in the Memorial Cup, first going 3-0 in the round robin and then defeating Sudbury 3-1 in the final.
- in the NHL, Colorado went on an almost perfect postseason run. They swept Dallas and Winnipeg, then beat Edmonton 4-1 in the Conference Final. They finished off the Rangers in the SCF with another sweep.

End of season notes:
Thanks to our dominant regular season, several players won OHL awards.
- Kasper Halttunen won the OHL scoring title, Player of the Year, Rookie of the Year and Best Leader
- Michael Simpson won Goalie of the Year
- Sam Dickinson won Defenceman of the Year
- Sam O'Reilly won Scholastic Player of the Year
- Sam Popowich won Overage Player of the Year and Most Sportsmanlike Player
- Dale Hunter won Coach of the Year

- Sam Popowich was signed by the AHL's Texas Stars
- overage forward Kaleb Lawrence was signed by the LA Kings, he had 37 pts in all 68 games, was a great leader and one of the best penalty killers in the league

- Next season we'll have another shot with this core. We're losing overagers Michael Simpson (G) and both Kaleb Lawrence and Sam Popowich as mentioned. Next season we'll have about 7 or 8 overagers which we will have to cut down to 3. But Bonk, Dickinson, Cowan, Barkey, Halttunen, O'Reilly, Hagens etc are all returning most probably. We could lose 3 defencemen so the bottom pair might need some tweaking. I was hoping to sign import pick Daniil Ustinkov, at 17 years old he would immediatly be our 3rd best Dman probably, but he elected to re-sign with his Swiss club.
- I'm not expecting much from the OHL draft as these junior drafts are always pretty weak in the first season. I made 10 selections, 3 out of the first 4 were goalies who are all very promising so I might use those as trade bait. My first round pick was a defenceman who looks like he could be a solid top 4 player down the road. The rest of my drafted players are just a crapshoot at this point.

On to season 2!

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Draft:
- D Sam Dickinson was drafted 4th overall by San Jose
- RW Sam O'Reilly was drafted 48th overall by Anaheim
- Chicago won their second straight draft lottery and surprisingly drafted Ivan Demidov with the top pick. Minnesota got Macklin Celebrini with the 2nd pick and Seattle made Artyom Levshunov the 3rd overall pick.
- I had two picks in the CHL Import Draft as well. With the first pick I selected 18 year old Czech goalie Ondrej Matousek who can come in and be a starter straight away. With my second pick I took 16 year old Czech center Tomas Hlinka from Sparta Prague. Great prospect but he will need convincing to come over and be part of a rebuild either next year or the year after that.

Offseason departures:
- as mentioned G Michael Simpson and forwards Kaleb Lawrence and Sam Popowich aged out
- backup G Owen Willmore wasn't re-signed, he wasn't good enough to keep as an overage player
- 4th line RW Jack Rimmer was traded to Sudbury
- overage defencemen Isaiah George and Jackson Edward were both assigned to the AHL by their NHL teams
- F Landon Sim, another overager, elected to sign an AHL deal late in the summer which really sucked because he was probably going to be the team captain this season

Offseason signings:
- goalies Ondrej Matousek (1st rd import pick) and Dax Daoust (2nd rd OHL draft)
- D Tobin Davenport, our 1st round OHL draft selection out of Philadelphia
- F Blake Arrowsmith, our 3rd round OHL draft selection from 2023 earned a roster spot after a great camp
- overage C Connor Levis, a 7th round NHL pick by Winnipeg, he was released by Kamloops and a great replacement for Landon Sim
- overage RW Niall Crocker, also from the WHL, a former 1st round WHL draft pick from Prince Albert but also released due to their overage situation. Excellent defensive player
- some more depth signings as well, mostly undrafted 17/18 year olds signed for some depth but these players are going to play Junior B unless they are called up in case of injuries, World Juniors etc

Line up:
Easton Cowan - James Hagens - Kasper Halttunen
Denver Barkey - Jacob Julien(c) - Sam O'Reilly
Ethan Hay - Connor Levis - Niall Crocker
Evan Van Gorp - William Nichol - Blake Arrowsmith

Sam Dickinson - Oliver Bonk
Henry Brzustewicz - Alec Leonard
Tobin Davenport - Noah Jenken

Ondrej Matousek
Travis Vanderzwaag

Some notes:
- We're going all in again this season, since we have a pretty old roster and we're going to lost most of these players after the season. The top 9 forwards should be the best in the league by far IMO, the top 4 D are amazing as well. I might look to add some experience to the 4th line or bottom D pairing especially because they are a big drop off from the top 4.
- James Hagens was ranked #2 in the preseason NHL draft rankings, just behind Saginaw C Michael Misa
- Henry Brzustewicz was ranked #4
- prospect Tomas Hlinka who we got in the import draft was ranked #33
- Halifax Mooseheads were chosen to host the 2025 Memorial Cup which makes a lot of sense since they already just won the QMJHL championship and will return most of their starting lineup

Reactions: BKarchitect

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad