Friedman: Zack Kassian given permission to seek trade

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Bailey would be fine if we didn’t get any pick offers for but I don’t see much for NHL upside in him.

Like you said at least it clears salary.

How is your farm club? Again no offense I just only follow the amerks and then standings not individual teams. Bailey could be a good add in that capacity if you had a replacement for kassian at the nhl level and could clear cap while replacing said player called up. I'm asking out of curiosity not trying to oversell I really don't have any knowledge of your farm club without actively looking it up.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Buffalo's 3rd and the oilers pay off hodgson's dead cap space for the remainder lol? Is that even possible?

I’m pretty sure you can’t trade dead cap haha.

A pick would be fine. I’d prefer a prospect with bottom six upside but I wouldn’t complain about a 3rd/4th.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
How is your farm club? Again no offense I just only follow the amerks and then standings not individual teams. Bailey could be a good add in that capacity if you had a replacement for kassian at the nhl level and could clear cap while replacing said player called up. I'm asking out of curiosity not trying to oversell I really don't have any knowledge of your farm club without actively looking it up.

Better than it’s been lately. Heavily outshooting opponents routinely. Benson-Marody-Hebig were an excellent line until Marody got called up. Caleb Jones and William Lagesson have been really strong on the blueline and Bear is excellent though dinged up right now. Could use another decent scoring forward though.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Ennis+7th for Kassian?

I’m not sure what we’d do with Ennis. He’d be waiver fodder once Rattie is healthy.

We have a ton of forwards that can play bottom six - Hence why we’d be looking for Kassian++ for an upgrade on the wing or on the blue line, Kassian for a pick, or Kassian for a prospect.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Better than it’s been lately. Heavily outshooting opponents routinely. Benson-Marody-Hebig were an excellent line until Marody got called up. Could use another decent scoring forward though.

Gotcha. Well I won't derail the thread. The sabres badly need a big body presence in my opinion and kassian could be a known commodity. He was a huge fan favorite in rochester in his tenure there. I'd find a way to add him myself and make a deal work but I'm sure other teams could offer straight picks for him and the sabres really can't unless they are futures and we find a way to shed some salary. I'd be open to a bigger deal etc but again don't wanna derail a league wide proposal.

Cheers guys, you've been a pleasure to talk with great thread so far if you ignore a few posters.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I’m not sure what we’d do with Ennis. He’d be waiver fodder once Rattie is healthy.

We have a ton of forwards that can play bottom six - Hence why we’d be looking for Kassian++ for an upgrade on the wing or on the blue line, Kassian for a pick, or Kassian for a prospect.

It's just to equal out contracts, he could be waived. I'd roll the dice on Kassian but his last 2 seasons have me hesitant to give up more then the 7th+Ennis. We have a few 7ths and figure it's not too bad a gamble but not dying to acquire him either.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Let's put a spin on it, 2nd + Kassian for Brown.

Ok, whatever I'll take the 4th.

The last Brown we got from Toronto didn't work out so well for us, and he seems to be the whipping boy of the leafs this year. Is the Dance of the Lemons really the best option?

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017

Would Marincin do? And a pick obviously

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
The guy you are pumping has 0 goals in AHL this year. If we are trading Kassian for an AHLer we would hope for somone With good upside.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Marincin doesn’t do much for us either. Guess it would depend on the pick but he wouldn’t be in the NHL and I wouldn’t want to take playing time away from our young D in the AHL.

So just a pick then. Its fine by me.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
The guy you are pumping has 0 goals in AHL this year. If we are trading Kassian for an AHLer we would hope for somone With good upside.

Last year he put up 45 points at the ahl level and had some cups of coffee at the nhl level to boot. His speed north to south is nhl worthy now. Also this year he's been bumped down the ahl roster namely because we have severse high flyers right now in rochester topping the leaguein points so naturally his role had reduced.

I thought the premise of the thread was getting out of kassian and his contact not attempting to extract actual future value for him so I apologize. That's why I asked the aforementioned poster about ahl level needs. Bailey produces at an ahl level of 40 points the past few years, he's no ahl slouch but might not be anything more than a speedy nhl 4th liner in the end. However he is cheaper and can be an impact player at the ahl level.

If your looking for picks or nhl level production better than kassian than I can't find a fit for a trade I'm sorry. Cheers

Batrous

May 4, 2016
He seems destined to end up being a $2 million 13th forward this year. I would say that Edmonton would put him on waivers but I don't think they have the ability to sent him down to the minors given his contract situation. They will probably end up making him a healthy scratch for a long time this year assuming they have players in their system and on their roster that could replace him,

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Kassian’s now mass blocking Oiler fans on Twitter, and anyone else who’s ever said anything negative about him.

Shame. Maybe just a coping/sanity mechanism.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
He seems destined to end up being a $2 million 13th forward this year. I would say that Edmonton would put him on waivers but I don't think they have the ability to sent him down to the minors given his contract situation. They will probably end up making him a healthy scratch for a long time this year assuming they have players in their system and on their roster that could replace him,
Why can't they send him down?

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
hes not a bad player. signed cheap. [MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad