Friedman: Zack Kassian given permission to seek trade

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Just said it a couple minutes ago. Edmonton has a glut of bottom sixers, Chiasson is easily an everyday player, and Cooper Marody hasn’t looked out of place one bit since his callup.

Any team out there need a fourth liner to protect their kids/starts and put up 15-20 points? Was great in the playoffs for us too.

Last edited:
Reactions: voxel

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Just said it a couple minutes ago. Edmonton has a glut of bottom sixers and Cooper Marody hasn’t looked out of place one bit since his callup.

Any team out there need a fourth liner to protect their kids/starts and put up 15-20 points? Was great in the playoffs for us too

That's quite the spin on Kassian lol.

He's a 4th liner who does nothing but take dumb penalties at key times. Hasn't bothered to show up since said great playoffs. Got his pay day and quit on the team.

2 years left at just under 2M for someone who is worse than useless.

At this point I'd take any other teams dump so long as it's not for more money/term. Don't care how bad the player is.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
That's quite the spin on Kassian lol.

He's a 4th liner who does nothing but take dumb penalties at key times. Hasn't bothered to show up since said great playoffs. Got his pay day and quit on the team.

2 years left at just under 2M for someone who is worse than useless.

At this point I'd take any other teams dump so long as it's not for more money/term. Don't care how bad the player is.

I’ve been in sales most of my adult life ;) shhhhh.

Truth is getting a three year deal was bad for him. He got complacent. Maybe a trade will kick him in the pants again.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Nah. Sustr turns like a battleship, haha. Plus Kassian is the type of guy that’s a nightmare to play against when he’s got a bone to pick and id rather not have him running our guys six times a year.
Saves a million on the cap this year and 2M next year?

The Oilers would be lucky to get such an offer lol. I'd take that every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Saves a million on the cap this year and 2M next year?

The Oilers would be lucky to get such an offer lol. I'd take that every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Saves 600k this year. Sustr is a terrible hockey player 100% of the time. I honestly think some dinosaur GM is watching his team and bellowing MOAR TOUGHNESS in his luxury box right now.

Clean hit or no, Toronto could have used a physical response to the Matthews hit...

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Wouldn't expect anything other then a mid round pick. Don't think we really need another player back.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Saves 600k this year. Sustr is a terrible hockey player 100% of the time. I honestly think some dinosaur GM is watching his team and bellowing MOAR TOUGHNESS in his luxury box right now.

Clean hit or no, Toronto could have used a physical response to the Matthews hit...

That response wouldn't have come from Kassian.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Just said it a couple minutes ago. Edmonton has a glut of bottom sixers and Cooper Marody hasn’t looked out of place one bit since his callup.

Any team out there need a fourth liner to protect their kids/starts and put up 15-20 points? Was great in the playoffs for us too.

Oh yes, yes we do.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Willing to move anything that would impact our lineup - or Bakersfield’s - positively?

A pick would be fine, but a prospect would be better.

I didnt catch the segment, why's he seeking a trade?

But yes, I would move either pick or prospect, or both depending.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
So what does it mean? Is Chiarelli that last that he can't find a trade partner himself? Why is this permission being given to Kassian.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I didnt catch the segment, why's he seeking a trade?

But yes, I would move either pick or prospect, or both depending.

Didn’t say. Presumably because we’ve had younger players / Chiasson outplay him and make him expendable, and he doesn’t like not playing every night.

What kind of prospect were you thinking?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
So what does it mean? Is Chiarelli that last that he can't find a trade partner himself? Why is this permission being given to Kassian.

If I remember right the same kind of language was used before Yakupov got dealt.

I wonder if it’s Chia code for ‘we don’t really want to move you so I’m not going to work to do it but if your agent finds something I’ll think about it’

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad