Friedman: Zack Kassian given permission to seek trade

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
You always have to take into consideration both teams needs. I get you may not want Kassian, but you can't just say "I don't care what your cap situation is". It's a reality and it has to be addressed in any proposal.

I'm not really taking this seriously.

I thought that was obvious.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Calgary could use an intimidation factor out there most nights.

Essentially, you can do whatever you want to Calgary. No one is going to do anything about it, and the powerplay will spend the night retrieving pucks.

Oilers wont be helping you in that regard :p

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Oilers wont be helping you in that regard :p

Agreed. Calgary getting slapped around and having no physical response with Ferland gone is nothing but positive for us.

I forget, who was that kid that William Lagesson filled in during the preseason - Lomberg? Tough little bugger. Lagesson broke his nose for sure and he popped right up.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Cehlarik for Kassian

If a trade does happen I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s something like this. Not necessarily Cehlarik (although Chiarelli drafted him and has been rumoured to still like him since coming to Edmonton), but a middle-of-the-road prospect along those lines.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Calgary could use an intimidation factor out there most nights.

Essentially, you can do whatever you want to Calgary. No one is going to do anything about it, and the powerplay will spend the night retrieving pucks.

Sounds like a problem Edmonton doesn't want to help fix :sarcasm:

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Was he also given permission to retain on his own salary? Because retention is what it would take to move him, because no one wants to pay that for him as-is.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Was he also given permission to retain on his own salary? Because retention is what it would take to move him, because no one wants to pay that for him as-is.

Well it's more about absorbing him and his full cap hit next year. If he was a rental, there'd be a lot mroe interest.

Reactions: zaqq

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
If it weren't for the burned bridges, I'd like him back in Vancouver. It's a disgrace how Canucks treat people. Most orgs support a guy who is struggling. Canucks cast them adrift, again and again. Then, they wonder why they cannot attract players?

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Guy has been a complete disaster and almost cost us the win against Nashville for a completely unnecessary hit, borderline legal or not. He's honestly made Khaira worse both as his linemate and it seems even his energy level. I'd trade him for a 4th any day of the week.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad